It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes I saw your post. I think you missed the point.

You seem to think that if someone does not agree with you they missed your point.
You reply to posts with leading questions without giving answers.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

When anyone justifies violence, when anyone ,marginalizes, defends violence they are making themselves ideological accessories.

So you do support those people in the OP? How about Westboro Baptist Church? Robert Dear?

I think you understand.

You just don't get it, do you.

I said I didn't.

But that's not good enough for you, is it.

You are just defending the violence and hatred of the left.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I've been in many debates enough to know that usually they do not miss the point.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But ANTIFA committed ACTUAL acts of violence. They took part in the ACTUAL attempt to quell free speech and were successful by causing a riot, a very dangerous and violent one. That is not opinion, that is action!

Even the ANTIFA leader chick admitted as much! Milo didn't commit violence or terrorism, he expresses OPINIONS. He attempted to express said opinions at Berkeley and was shut down due to violence. (Terrorism) This is NOT rocket science.

edit on 19-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When anyone justifies violence, when anyone ,marginalizes, defends violence they are making themselves ideological accessories.

So you do support those people in the OP? How about Westboro Baptist Church? Robert Dear?

I think you understand.

You just don't get it, do you.

I said I didn't.

But that's not good enough for you, is it.

See? You're missing the point. We DO NOT defend the violence and hatred.

You are swallowing the media's bull#.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

No.

I'm just not swallowing your bullsh#t.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

My reason to believe this is unneeded and antithetical to civlized discourse

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I don't pretend to know much, if anything, about this Black Bloc... I've heard the name, and that's about as far as it goes.

With a cursory glance at Google, they seem to be anarchists (supposedly). I have issues with idiots like that, too. If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

Now, if you're asking if I think they'd have gone home if told they weren't invited? I doubt it. Rules, supposedly, don't apply to them. They must think/know otherwise, or they wouldn't wear dark masks...

Would the Berkeley organizers have turned them away? I don't know. Maybe they tried and failed? I haven't heard that they did try, or that they didn't... In the aftermath, I think they'd have been better served just to denounce them, and their behaviour, rather than try, rightly or wrongly, to blame it on Trump supporters, or conversely, Soro's group. Just call 'em what they are...a bunch of idiots who need to get smacked by their mama's and grounded.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

This topic does call into question defining random nutjobs versus actual political intimidation & brutality, in terms of the "terrorism" definition.

Which is interesting when bringing the lone wolf ISIS style attackers in the EU.

And the school shooting thing, as a random hate crime in some alley or on some street corner versus mass murder in a school where all those kids are facing out of their minds terror that will haunt them their entire lives for sure.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think this is an attempt to marginalize the violence from the left.

Am I wrong in my assertion?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Basically someone in this thread called the Berkeley students cowards for not telling them they are not invited. My question was if they knew they would show up.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yes they did, and no he didn't. I know. It doesn't change the fact that both opinions are just that, opinions.

We can, and do agree, with what you just said. But I don't necessarily agree with Milo, either. He is, to my mind, every bit the instigator that these antifa nitwits, and the black bloc morons are. Different sheeps clothing on the outside, for the same wolf inside(oh, I liked that...).

I know you're going to disagree with my take on the man. That's cool. I don't think, other than my utter disgust with all sides, I have much in the way of an emotional stake in this. I'm about as middle of the road as it gets these days...or so my ego tells me.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I dunno, but someone posted a clip in another thread where you could hear the crowd of apparently the 'moderates' cheering on the antifa psychos.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think this is an attempt to marginalize the violence from the left.

Am I wrong in my assertion?

I hate to say it, but I agree. This is the whole crux of the problem. Texan deflected my rational advice for all parties involved to denounce violence and terrorism, but now that means we are cultist people for doing so, and that scares him.

I mean, WTF?? How much BS can be conjured before the real hate just comes to the surface? I don't believe Texan is a balls out liberal, but wow, this is some weird stuff.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Basically someone in this thread called the Berkeley students cowards for not telling them they are not invited. My question was if they knew they would show up.

If that was truly your question, you took the scenic route to get there.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I don't know if they did. I would think that it might have occurred to them that they certainly might, and taken what ever precautions they could have.

But I don't know. Your guess is probably every bit as valid as mine.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like any kid would?
Mob mentality perhaps. BTW I am deaf so I do not know what they are yelling about.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Just because you may or may not agree with Milo is not remotely on the same level as recognizing terrorism for what it is to shut him down using violence.Your opinion does NOT matter when it comes to terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism PERIOD! Not even close!!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You do realize that Milo described himself as a troll, right?

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join