It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am one of the liberal regulars trying to derail this thread. *winks*

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The point of this thread is to recognize hypocrisy coming from the right, concerning right wing terrorism. I AGREE.

The right NEEDS to recognize it, and DENOUNCE terrorism.

Do you disagree?

By denouncing it, it takes away that BROAD BRUSH constantly painted by both sides. Why is this so hard to understand??

This thread is proof that common sense has flown out the window.

OK TEXAN don't denounce it, or acknowledge it, just keep staying silent, that's the ticket!
edit on 19-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I always say that we on the left and the right are close to the middle and somehow we are between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Why didn't Obama call Islamic terrorism what it is?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Why not call what Robert Dear did a Christian terrorism?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

The point of this thread is to recognize hypocrisy coming from the right, concerning right wing terrorism. I AGREE.

The right NEEDS to recognize it, and DENOUNCE terrorism.

Do you disagree?

Yes.

We don't need to waste time demanding that others capitulate to silly rituals of apologia and histrionic outrage just to placate squeaky wheels. I don't have time for that.

By denouncing it, it takes away that BROAD BRUSH constantly painted by both sides. Why is this so hard to understand??

This thread is proof that common sense has flown out the window.

OK TEXAN don't denounce it, or acknowledge it, just keep staying silent, that's the ticket!

By denouncing it you are playing into an unnecessary ritual. I, personally, won't waste time talking with people I think aren't decent folks. If you are the kind of person who is a fan of rioting over losing an election, blowing up churches, or killing babies, then i'd likely not be interested in anything to do with you. It should go without saying that we are all sane (until proven otherwise) and do not approve of unnecessary violence.

That is why its stupid to have to see a headline referring to someone as "A Trump Supporter", as if that sentence distills them and their motivations into something meaningful

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Why not call what Robert Dear did a Christian terrorism?

It WAS terrorism, plain and simple. I will oppose any right-winger who says otherwise.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Does anyone here think I support needless violence steeped in political dogma? If so, then maybe i can explain to them how I do not. But ill need them to speak up first.

Because lord knows, if some random dude on ATS has harsh words to say about groups of people in far flung US cities, it'll bring te whole movement to its knees.

I think you overinflate what our time spent here actually does.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Dont go Passive Regressively defending those nutjobs, damnit!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

That's all well and good Texan, but if we want to keep seeing broad brushes being painted across all political spheres then we can all keep being hypocrites when either side commits a terrorist act.

If you think that the majority of a group coming out and denouncing clear terrorism for what it is, terrorism, as some kind of cultist ritualistic thing...then you are lost..

I really have nothing more to say to you.

link   

You can call what he did whatever you want but it has nothing to do with Obama refusing to call something that is what it is.

link   

I will oppose any right-winger who says otherwise.

And I will oppose any left-winger who says otherwise.

This is a good thread.

You seem to be a person I'd have a beer with.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Isn't it the point of the OP? The "rightist" refusing to call or acknowledging the terrorism on their side?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

People dont have to go into every topic of brutality to denounce a story, but if they do enter such topics and then either defend the rationale and or derail the thread so nobody else can critique then they ought to be ashamed of themselves. To me, when people establish a pattern of this behavior then they're exposing themselves.

I hadn't seen any of those articles. The few I looked at were from before my return last summer. So I dont know what happened when the stories broke here.

But this thing where all of Islam's brutality is constantly being defended, and then the same type come in and do it on BLM stuff, and then the same folks come in and do it with all this other SJW hate crime atrocities, is perhaps the most disturbing social trend in this nation my entire life.

edit on 19-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You seem to be a person I'd have a beer with.

Thanks Alien, I think we would make good drinking buddies as well. I am just really mis-understood here. I think I may have a serious problem in how I word things or something...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

That's all well and good Texan, but if we want to keep seeing broad brushes being painted across all political spheres then we can all keep being hypocrites when either side commits a terrorist act.

perhaps the answer is to stop seeing any "other side". Sure, you may still be their "other side", but at least you aren't promoting the division?

Because lets face it: None of any of this matters. No ones mind is change. No one sees the light. No problems are solved Its just a lot of grand standing and carpet pissing.

If you think that the majority of a group coming out and denouncing clear terrorism for what it is, terrorism, as some kind of cultist ritualistic thing...then you are lost..

I really have nothing more to say to you.

Your last sentence says it all. I've disappointed you by not performing your ritual. Since I won't fit within the paradigm, all thats left is the finger wag.

The ritual is nothing more than capitulating. Allowing someone else to control you and your behavior by employing a guilt complex strategy. I don't have to tell you or anyone else that I think violence is wrong, unless you want to ask me directly. Although, to be asked such a dumb question will likely get a rather sharp answer in response. Because no one supports violence. And denouncing it is merely a social ritual that I simply do not wish to participate in. Because I think its dumb.

Should we start demanding that everyone do their day ablution of denouncing rape, too? Obviously, if we don't, then we must support rapists. LMAO.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No, Texan, you disappointed me because you're really not making much sense. You're equating denouncing violence as a ritual practice.

Whatever. The reason I don't want to carry on with you is because you've flown away on some weird rant. I know you're bigger than that, and for the record I DO respect you as a great contributor here.

I just don't get you in this thread is all. Take care.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Just no shot glasses for you guys. Just in case... They friggin' hurt! A lot!! Ex-bouncer speaking here...

Paper cups, only.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Isn't it the point of the OP? The "rightist" refusing to call or acknowledging the terrorism on their side?

The point of the OP was to try to say republicans are terrorists too.
I have yet to see anybody defending their actions.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

People dont have to go into every topic of brutality to denounce a story, but if they do and either defend the rationale and or derail the thread so nobody else can critique then they ought to be ashamed of themselves. To me, when people establish a pattern of this behavior then they're exposing themselves.

I hadn't seen any of those articles. The few I looked at were from before my return last summer. So I dont know what happened when the stories broke here.

But this thing where all of Islam's brutality is constantly being defended, and then the same type come in and do it on BLM stuff, and then the same folks come in and do it with all this other SJW hate crime atrocities, is perhaps the most disturbing social trend in this nation my entire life.

You and I seem to see eye to eye, quite often. You make sense, but apparently it's a cultist ritualistic thing now to denounce terrorism these days from either side. I guess we'll have to endure the days of "broad brushes" being painted because how crazy an idea is it to see violence and denounce violence.

Weird ass times we are in.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join