It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Won't They Call It What It Is? Right Wing Terrorism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I saw a list posted of recent terror attacks or thwarted terror attack or other acts of violence that have been committed by White Nationalists, White Supremacists or other various factions of the Right Wing. I debated whether it was worth it posting it here, whether I wanted to deal with the frustration of 'fake news' posts and the ilk. But I also really want to know why Donald Trump ignores this kind of violence and terror.

What can I say I'm a sucker for a good mud slinging... plus people less invested emotionally in partisanship, may want to know and it isn't really covered extensively on TV/Cable. Personally I don't why terrorism is worse coming from one group over another, bad guys are bad guys right?

Since I saw the list, it's grown...

Man yells, "Make America Great Again!" Before shooting 6 people dead. (D aily Mail)

Man wearing, "Make America Great Again" hat murders 2 strangers for no reason. (Daily Mail)

Two men beat a homeless man with a metal bar and urinate on him screaming, “Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported,” When asked for a comment about the incident Trump defends them saying, "My supporters are very passionate. They love this country and they want this country to be great again." (Washington Post)

‘Trump! Trump! Trump!’ attacker yelled as he beat a Hispanic man and Muslim student at a gas station. (Washington Post)

Trump supporter stabs a black man unprovoked because he was holding hands with a white woman, tells police they need to release him so he can attend a Trump rally that night. (Sky valley Chronicle)

Trump supporter attacks Muslim woman at airport. (Time)

3 Trump supporters arrested planning terrorist attack to kill Muslims. (Huffington Post)

Trump supporter confuses an Indian man for a Muslim at restaurant and says, "Things are different now, I don't want you sand _____ sitting next to me." Before attacking the man. (Raw Story)

"We got a new President you f_____ f____." Men yell as they attack gay man. (Independent)

This is just part of the list. Any human or group of humans is capable of evil and monstrosity.
edit on 2/18/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
But... Muslims.

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Shhhh! That doesn't fit in with the right wing narrative of the violent left.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I just kill who the dog tells me to kill.
He is apolitical.

+103 more 
link   
For every one of those you posted you can find an equivalent where someone has been beat up or maimed for the crime of wearing a Trump shirt or having a Trump sticker on their car. The fear of announcing you are a Trump supporter is far higher than the fear of announcing you are a Hillary supporter. Having said that, ALL acts of violence like this ought to be condemned.
edit on 2/18/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sounds like Barry's people acting like Trump supporters.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Every large ideology has wackos.

You'll here the same argument here many on the left use when violence gets tied to them....

They don't represent the group, and it's true. Most people are reasonable, but some just suck.
edit on 18-2-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Welcome to the secondary point of the thread.

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I doubt you're naive enough to believe these extremes represent anybody.

Of course idiots exist on both sides, it's no secret.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They don't represent the group, and it's true. Most people are reasonable, but some just suck.

Yes and again welcome to the secondary point of the thread.

+52 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
20000 threads about left wing chaos...

"This is liberalism for you."

1 thread about right wing chaos...

"Well they don't represent us."

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For the same reason the left continues to insist they merely peaceful protests.

Are they merely peaceful protests where people are expressing free speech or have they devolved in places to something more sinister?

Do you continue to deny that in many places where they occur, they are intended to prevent a person with conservative views from speaking at all, denying them their right to free speech?

Of course, there were seven highly publicized hate crimes linked to Trump that took place right after the election that were also proved to be hoaxes too, so it's hard to know exactly what is real and what is fake.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If people with whom I share ideological beliefs with are committing acts of violence, then obviously I share the blame and the guilt.

I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
For every one of those you posted you can find an equivalent where someone has been beat up or maimed for the crime of wearing a Trump shirt or having a Trump sticker on their car. The fear of announcing you are a Trump supporter is far higher than the fear of announcing you are a Hillary supporter. Having said that, ALL acts of violence like this ought to be condemned.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I still think the chances of getting injured or killed as a Trump supporter are way more higher. Here in germany it's downright suicide if you openly support Trump. Nutjobs exist everywhere but it has reached a whole new level since Trump got elected.

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Dylan Roof was a proud right wing christian, but dont forget kids, muslims are bad bad people.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Making sense again I see.

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's the same reason they rarely call it "right wing terrorism" when a right winger attacks an abortion clinic or shoots up an African American church. It's also the same reason they never call it "promoting sectarian violence" when right wing American Christians call for violence against Hispanic "illegal immigrants" or along the southern border (even though Hispanic people are almost exclusively Christians), or for police crackdowns and more in inner cities and African American neighborhoods, even though the vast majority of African Americans are also Christians.

They typically give the benefit of the doubt to individuals from their own "side" when they commit or promote violence. Crimes committed by their side are assumed to be done for personal reasons & personal failures, instead of for ideological or religious reasons. Or to be more blunt, they seemingly only apply the concepts of "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" and "an individual is only responsible for his/her own actions" to their own side. But everyone else is typically treated with collective punishment & collective guilt.

If a suspect named "Muhammad" shoots someone, it's automatically assumed to be because of Islam and they blame all 1.8 billion or so Muslims for it. But if the reporter issues a correction and says the name is actually "Meg Hammond", they instantly start saying maybe it was just domestic violence, self defense, she's off her meds, etc.

If a brown skinned man with a Malcolm X styled "X" on their shirt robs a bank, they blame the entire black community, start making demands of "where are the black leaders?", and start pointing out "black on black crime" stats. But if it turns out it was actually a right winger with a tan and a confederate flag "X" on their shirt, they don't blame the entire "white community", they don't call for the "white leaders to come out and issue a statement", and they don't give a crap about "white on white crime" stats. In fact, people have satirically started mocking & pointing out what I just mentioned because of the overwhelming double standards.
edit on 18-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarification

edit on 18-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: grr typo

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think it's very different at Conservative Colleges.

Liberal college students and faculty members are far more likely to disinvite a campus speaker than conservatives, but conservatives succeed slightly more often, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis. The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education database, which defends students’ and professors’ First Amendment rights, documented 286 efforts to disinvite scheduled campus speakers between 2000 and 2014.

Daily Caller

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
For the same reason the left continues to insist they merely peaceful protests.

Are they merely peaceful protests where people are expressing free speech or have they devolved in places to something more sinister?

Do you continue to deny that in many places where they occur, they are intended to prevent a person with conservative views from speaking at all, denying them their right to free speech?

Of course, there were seven highly publicized hate crimes linked to Trump that took place right after the election that were also proved to be hoaxes too, so it's hard to know exactly what is real and what is fake.

Peaceful protest or not...we are not going around stabbing and killing people bc of hate...in the name of trump...your new god.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Always the victim. You caught me, I made this thread only for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join