It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Come Around Here No More!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74
a reply to: AboveBoard

"The plan of eve." Whoa. Sounds like a movie!!

A movie? No, my friend, this is a full-on mini-series.

Now shhhhh.

I've said far too much already...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree
wcfields

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If you were getting along OK on your own and are happy with your own company then don't throw that away. Be happy by yourself.

If you'd rather have a bit of company, find someone new who hasn't hurt you.

Both of the above are better options than letting someone back into your life after they have hurt you.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

hahah

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I wouldn't presume to advise you.......... so many variables in play..... however I will say that when a very similar thing happened to me decades ago, I had the pleasure of mashing the manual phone up and down several times and then yanking it out of the wall, sending the innocent device spiraling down four floors to land -- fortunately -- on nobody nor anything expensive.

Very cathartic, that. I think I recall indulgent inebriation, and perhaps blubbery snuffling. All in all, decent closure.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Very cathartic, that. I think I recall indulgent inebriation, and perhaps blubbery snuffling. All in all, decent closure.

I got a sense of pleasure just reading that.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In most of my past relationships, I tend to have the positive memories linger longer than the negative ones.
I remember the person who made me laugh, I remember his kindness, or his smile, or the intimate closeness we once shared.
I still speak fondly of my past boyfriends, even the ones with whom I had a messy ending with, or our relationship took a clearly degenerative turn for a period before actually severing.

I have stayed in friendly contact with most of them. Not too long ago I found my first serious long term boyfriend on Facebook, and was happy i did. He had been practically a part of my family, and even my stepdad and brother were happy to have contact with him again. I just find it hard to understand how people who were once so close can NOT be friends after the romance is over!

After a few exchanges, he said something like "let me know if you ever decide to leave your husband" and unfriended me. Looking over his messages again, I realized he didn't feel completely "over" me, or else it awakened affections that had faded, and was painful for him to see me again. I felt bad. I didn't mean to upset his life. I find it hard to believe he could still feel that way, considering the long period of time, the way I've aged and gotten unattractive, and both of us having grown children and a whole history behind us!

I didn't do it to hurt him, or to feed my ego... I just really loved him once, because I thought he was a good person and had a wonderful sense of humor. I wish we could be friends now. I never stopped appreciating the person he was, even when I didn't feel like having a romantic and sexual relationship anymore.

I think us women can sometimes be a bit naive about the way men think and feel.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Don't go back and have the same hurth again NarcolepticBuddha .
We can dream of having it different but in clear moments later in life we understand we are where we are because we made the right decision.
It could have been so much worst.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My curiosity will be my end.

I'm going to meet her. She wants to have a conversation.

I am fairly certain I know how it will go. She would only do this if she needed a YUGE favor.

I know it's a blow to her pride even asking me to meet her. It will be hard for her to ask it.

It will be even harder for me to say no, to a woman I once loved.

edit on 20-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Be safe.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

It is as I thought.

Bait and switch.

Acted like things are different. She misses the good times.

And oh, she needs about tree-fitty!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That's a shame.

I wonder what must be so terribly wrong to need that sum and to feel that the only person that you can ask is someone that you haven't had contact with in a long time and last contact wasn't good?

Desperate times...desperate actions, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It was not an easy day for me.

Yes, desparation.

It's hardest telling someone I can't help them. I'm unwilling. Those words are so against my nature.

It's good to be reminded of why I left her though. The constant, desparate favors.

She can either learn to stay out of trouble or find a richer man.

I don't have peace of mind. But I know I did the right thing by refusing her.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hopefully peace will come.

I understand what you mean, been there

I'm still friendly with most of my exes. I still believe in the 'whys' it didn't work out but, I care about them.

All but one break up was agreeable, not too much drama rama. They hold a place in my heart but, not my purse strings.

Perhaps one day she'll find peace also.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I could be friends with exes--just not with her.

She sees me, probably every person, as an expendable resource, a walking, talking ATM.

She uses her charm, her looks, her body to get what she wants.

She is a professional sexy con artist aka the devil!

I never need wonder 'what if' with her again.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I could be friends with exes--just not with her.

She sees me, probably every person, as an expendable resource, a walking, talking ATM.

She uses her charm, her looks, her body to get what she wants.

She is a professional sexy con artist aka the devil!

I never need wonder 'what if' with her again.

Ahhh I get it!

They sure can be fun while they last though.

Truly am glad you dodged (smartly) the bullet. Sometimes the pleasure just ain't worth the pain!

edit on 20-2-2017 by TNMockingbird because: Was never a YUGE Tom Petty fan but that song!!! Ear worm!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Ears worms?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Stuck song syndrome, I'm easily susceptible!
en.wikipedia.org...

♫ Don't come around here no more ♫

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join