It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, we're going to the Moon...again??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't doubt we went to the Moon. We did! However, I do question whether or not we could do it again now!

Imagine Apollo 13 happening today...

Mission Control: "Failure is NOT an option, you've got 30 minutes to find a solution!!"

Engineers: "But, but...but, sir, Windows is downloading updates, and, and,...and then we've got to run a virus scan"

Mission Control: "Screw the computer, do it longhand!"

Engineers: "But, but...but, sir all the equations are on the computer, and, and...there's no more books to look them up...they're on the computer too!"

Mission Control: "Get out a pencil and a piece of paper and get to solving!!"

Engineers: "Sir? Pencil? Paper? What are these things you refer to?????

If there's not a hyperlink to a "wiki' knowledge base, and a FAQ link...we're DOOMED!!

(ring, ring, ring) "Hello, I would like to help you veddy much, my name is Rajnish Mukupodianpan, with what may a help you very much with toooday?"

Engineers: "DUDE! We're in like DEEP Kim Chi here, dude and need like some serious help, Bro!"

Tech Support: "What is this Kim Chee you speak of, I do not understand this very much, thank you?"

Engineers: "No, dude, you don't understand...we're in serious trouble here!!! We need help, and we need it NOW!!!"

Tech Support: "Okay, I do understand you, sir, thank you very much. What is your tech support ID number and PIN, thank you veddy much?"

Mission Control: "What the F# is going on down there (in the basement)????!!!"

Engineers: "Sir, we've got our best people working on it, but we're having some minor computer problems and we've got tech support on the line now"

Tech Support: "May I have your tech support ID and PIN number now, thank you veddy much. I will be glad to help you veddy much when you provide me this information, thank you veddy much."

CAPCOM: "It is with the gravest regret we must report Apollo 13 has hurtled past Earth, bounced off of our atmosphere and has been lost to outer space with no chance of return."

Engineers (to Mission Control): "Okay, boss, five minutes and we should be back up on-line! Boss?.......Boss??????

edit on 2/18/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Give your average kid these days a paper map and marvel at their lack of comprehension.
Write them a letter in cursive and make a bet on if they can read it.
Solving math problems without a calculator is very rare these days.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I'll believe it when I see it.

Bush Beta had a space mission that started with returning to the moon and we see where that went. Maybe we will. I hope so.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

S/F very creative. The other day I had to call my DSL provider and I think Rajnish Mukupodianpan was on the phone.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Baloney.

Just put a pokemon on the moon... a pokemoon even.. and you'll have all the kids there in no time.

jumping Jupiter...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10

S/F very creative. The other day I had to call my DSL provider and I think Rajnish Mukupodianpan was on the phone.

I know that guy. Always very sorry and happy to help. calls me sir a lot.

Love him to pieces...

edit on 18-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Every woman anywhere, holy moses.. lol

that, and "I'm just peachy"

you know you're in trouble... Oo

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Tech support would just try to sell the astronauts a warrantee if they are called on. They probably have Indian accents. It will take three hours on hold to get to talk to a technician too. Then they will have to send them to a different department with a two hour wait.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I sure hope so. We need to explore space again. The Sun ain't gonna explode forever.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I agree with everything you have stated. However, what if I told you, suggested, consider that the World Wide Web (WWW) the internet is obsolete?

It is a playground.

What if I told you for the last 30 years a completely secure, unknown digital communications device has been deployed and has been operational to the U.S. and other entities beyond the prying eyes of the average citizen? Not saying it is and I am not saying it isn't.

However if what I am indicating may be true, then the hidden few have a birds eye view of everything we do.

Regarding the moon. Believe it or not, bases already exist there and also on Ceres just to give you an idea of what WE DO NOT KNOW. Just a consideration.
edit on 18-2-2017 by 4U1TruthTeller because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join