It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blind Shiehk has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Terrorist Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as the Blind Shiehk, has died in a U.S. prison.

This is the guy who was convicted of bombing the World Trade Center back in 1993.

semi-biased article:
Scumbag trade tower bomber ‘the Blind Sheikh’ does everyone a favor and DIES in U.S. prison

We have something to celebrate today – scumbag terrorist Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as the Blind Shiehk, has died in a U.S. prison.

CAIRO (Reuters) – Omar Abdel-Rahman, convicted of the bombing of the World Trade Center in New York in 1993, has died in prison in the United States, his son Ammar told Reuters on Saturday.

Ammar said his family had received a phone call from a U.S. representative saying his father had died.

Not only did he plan the first Trade Center bombing, but he inspired countless other terrorists.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's a shame that anyone needs to die "for a cause".

And this is not a reason for anyone to celebrate anything, other than the utter and blatant hubris of humankind in thinking that any one of us is right and another is wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

It's a shame that anyone needs to die "for a cause".

And this is not a reason for anyone to celebrate anything, other than the utter and blatant hubris of humankind in thinking that any one of us is right and another is wrong.

I'm sure many people are proud of the killing and injuries that happened in 1993.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That is exactly my point. Nobody should be proud of killing anyone, or of anyone dying regardless of the cause.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hope they line his box with bacon before the cremation.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

So you have a gun in your hand. Someone dangerous is heading toward one of your loved ones with a knife.

What would you do?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He probably never saw it coming.
Rest in pieces.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That's no loss to the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

You are being amazingly one-sided. I did not say that self defense is wrong.

I said it is sad that *anyone* needs to die because one of us is "right" and the other is "wrong".

Enjoy your one channel television.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

One sided? I was just asking you a question. Your mind seems to run amok with non realistic versions of this existence.

When any conflicting ideological extremism is pushed to kill people, it also pushes the idea that you are ready to die.

I said it is sad that *anyone* needs to die because one of us is "right" and the other is "wrong".

No you said this.

It's a shame that anyone needs to die "for a cause". And this is not a reason for anyone to celebrate anything, other than the utter and blatant hubris of humankind in thinking that any one of us is right and another is wrong.

It is always a time for celebration when someone who wanted to kill you, your family, your friends, your neighbors, and your fellow countrymen, dies. He put his self in that position.

Enjoy your one channel television.

I think you need to put down the remote.

edit on 19-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I appreciate your thoughts and input.

However, if I needed to defend my family, loved ones, even myself... I would do so without question.

But I would not celebrate the fact that someone had to die.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That's too bad. He was such a nice guy.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The world became a better place just a little bit.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Another question. Are you saying All lives Matter?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What I am saying, is that I have no desire to see anyone live anything other than a happy life. I genuinely wish nothing but the best for all peoples.

However, given the world, and given what we humans are like.... that is not possible.

If there is a peaceable means by which we can all get along, fantastic. That is what I want. But peace at any cost is to surrender to those who do not value peace or happiness. If killing is necessary, then so be it. I simply do not relish it, nor would I cheer because of someone's death.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Are you a vegetarian or vegan?

new topics

top topics

join