It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

corperate constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
with our vast wealth of knowlegde, and seemingly endless supply conspiritorial material why dont we consolodate our understanding of these mega monstrosities and draft a Corperate Constitution?

since these seem to be the latest and greatest threat to each and everyone of our individual freedoms, they should not be able to grow any more powerful. if our founding fathers were aware of such an entity surely they would have incorperated limitations to its growth. just like they assured the counteraction of emergance to a totaliatian state.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
why dont we consolodate our understanding of these mega monstrosities and draft a Corperate Constitution?

since these seem to be the latest and greatest threat to each and everyone of our individual freedoms, they should not be able to grow any more powerful. if our founding fathers were aware of such an entity surely they would have incorperated limitations to its growth. just like they assured the counteraction of emergance to a totaliatian state.

The limitations to corporate growth were first bypassed in the 1850's in the USA, then in 1862 in the UK with the Companies Act - it wasn't threatening at first because it just looked like power was taken away from the King...

One step at a time...

to the totalitarian state, justified by Emergency Measures...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
well that kind of attitude will get us nowhere fast

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There's always been rules in place to limit corporations.

Don't remember the exact facts but, Isn't the biggest problem that a corporate entity is considered a citizen without the liability. And it's only a recent thing. For decades we've been told that it's dangerous to give corporations power but we either ignored it or accepted cash to look the other way.

Oh well, at least corporatism doesn't sound as bad as fascism.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Corporations are people, too.
And I'd rather see them ruling than states with gulags and no "controlling legal authority."
But I'm not a commie rat bastard masquerading as a progressive.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow sturod, great post! If I had any more votes, I'd give you one.

You can stop a corporation in its tracks if you don't buy their product. That will kill/wrangle a corporation. Finding out how hard life is if you choose to not patronize a company like Exxon or Microsoft, however, is not easy. What sacrifices are you personally willing to make? You cannot control corporations with a ballot box.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
thnx peeps

i have been activaly advocating the hindrance of corperate indulgance, and would be an active participant if i had any money

however some things are hard to give up, and others are greatly benificial to the productivity and trainquility of our lives. i say, from now on think long and hard about who and what exactly you are giving your money to. do you really want money going to some rich shareholders over seas and places with people who probably do not have your best interest in mind?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
StuRod, I would advise you to do resarch on the fractional-reserve system of banking and ask yourself if you think it's the best way of handling your money. It's the first step to understanding corporations.

In America, the corporation has more rights than the human. In fact, humans must specifically state their rights in a Bill of Rights whereas corporations do not need to do this. Corporations can own property and even get their feelings hurt allowing them to sue for damages much easier than you or I can do. Corporations in America can even go have armies and help fight wars which can be very profitable for them. They're tricky animals these corporations.

So long as the coporation is made up of thinking citizens (who are also consumers), capitalism works pretty well. The question is, can capitalism continue to work well with the resource-use continuing at its present rate? In my opinion, capitalism is like a goose that lays golden eggs but requires truckloads of food. At somepoint there has to be a socio-economic throttling-back of consumption or capitalism will be forced to change.

I've often thought of my purchases as 'votes' for this company or that. Heck, I'm 'voting' for small businesses when I drive out of my way to patronize them, right? Perhaps your question could better be phrased: "How can we make our daily purchases more like the corporate-votes they are?"

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
well that kind of attitude will get us nowhere fast

You're right. I support what you're doing and can't imagine why I wrote that. Must have been a brain burp. ...If I could, I'd delete it.

Sorry sturod.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What? A corporate constitution is just a document that allows a company to assume liability, IE for its profits and wealth to be that which are drawn from, rather than the ceos or stockholders and such. It doesn't ovveride the US consitution.

top topics

join