It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Jumping off the Trump Train?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: jellyrev

I kept reading, read all about the framing and persuasion skills. There is nothing inherently evil about persuasion. Their are majors on the subject and how to become better at it. It is what is done with that power that is the issue.

Of course there is nothing evil about it. When you take that idea about framing and how the Right is much better at it and continue to go down that rabbit hole, which leads to Right Wing think tanks, etc, you will see how there is a big difference between the Left and Right.

The Right's propaganda machine is much more defined and structured.

He believes democrats are honest and virtuous especially in putting forth their arguments. The guy is dishonest or delusional.

He's biased.

Will you read one of my sources in an attempt to open your eyes now? I went in blind and read no opinion pieces about him. How about you watch "The Truth About Immigration and Crime in the Netherlands"-stefan molyneux that just came out.

I will, when I am able to watch a video.

I appreciate your open mindedness.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ok then.

I love the fact that President Trump isn't an idiot like Obama.

Your turn.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Gryphon66

Pointless to whom?

You see.. the need to be Verbose is unecessary.

Someone with common sense cannot hold a conversation with someone who's ideals are the complete opposite, it's pointless, a dead end, nothing comes of pointlessly disagreeing back and forth.

I disagree. Let's try it.

Tell me something you love about Mr. Trump, and I'll respond to you completely honestly about what I think.

He's no longer orange I consider that a good thing. Guess he learned not to attempt spray on tans. And we'll it is entertaining watching everyone going after him like a rabid dog.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

While I don't agree with every single thing he says/does, I do support him as our president. Apparently a lot of people do : Rasmussen Poll

No plans to jump ship for me.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: jellyrev

I kept reading, read all about the framing and persuasion skills. There is nothing inherently evil about persuasion. Their are majors on the subject and how to become better at it. It is what is done with that power that is the issue.

Of course there is nothing evil about it. When you take that idea about framing and how the Right is much better at it and continue to go down that rabbit hole, which leads to Right Wing think tanks, etc, you will see how there is a big difference between the Left and Right.

The Right's propaganda machine is much more defined and structured.

He believes democrats are honest and virtuous especially in putting forth their arguments. The guy is dishonest or delusional.

He's biased.

Will you read one of my sources in an attempt to open your eyes now? I went in blind and read no opinion pieces about him. How about you watch "The Truth About Immigration and Crime in the Netherlands"-stefan molyneux that just came out.

I will, when I am able to watch a video.

I appreciate your open mindedness.

I was able to watch the video and I like the fact that he came with data. That is very important.

The extrapolations and logical fallacies he makes are a bit of a concern, though. I think it deserves it's own thread, as to not drag this thread off-topic.

If you feel inclined to do so, send me a PM.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

I think the question is what would make you stop? Not just stop.

I stopped voting a long time ago, so you know.

I also think all politicians are liars and cheats.

The whole corrupt system needs to change.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He isn't perfect, but he is better than Hillary Clinton.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Trump has blatantly lied to the American people multiple times, he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the ass. The absolute and complete stupidity shown in this thread by Trump supporters really makes me fear for the future of our country.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I wasn't on the Trump Train but after the election and Trump delivered. I am actually officially on the Trump train.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

I wasn't on the Trump Train but after the election and Trump delivered. I am actually officially on the Trump train.

What in your opinion, has he delivered on?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: friendlymonster

I don't know if he is better, but he did win the election and now that he is president we the people should expect better from him. He has been a real disappointment so far and continues to make a mockery of the office. It is truly horrendous.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Man Behind the Mask and I are a little right and left of center. We have had some interesting discussions and debates. While the left fears the right, and the right fears the left. All of you need to fear the moderates and independents.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This being your only defense shows the weakness of your argument.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I would rather jump in front of a train than jump in the shallow gene pool of the left.

For eight years I listened to the whining and crying about the obstructionist republicans and how un-american they are and how much better off the country would be if they just let obama do his job. I wonder how much better off we would be right now without all the riots and vandalism and looting and violence from the peaceful tolerant left...

I love my country and I don't want to see it harmed in any way. But I have to say, I would enjoy watching the left fowl themselves when their "protesting" goes a step too far and gets the smack down we all know is coming. The rampant lawlessness will have to end sooner or later. Sooner if I had my way.

And before any whining starts, no, its not free speech we are talking about here. The first amendment gives people the right to PEACEFULLY assemble, and LEGALLY protest. Rioting, looting, vandalism, endangering lives, are NOT covered under the first amendment.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I would rather jump in front of a train than jump in the shallow gene pool of the left.

For eight years I listened to the whining and crying about the obstructionist republicans and how un-american they are and how much better off the country would be if they just let obama do his job. I wonder how much better off we would be right now without all the riots and vandalism and looting and violence from the peaceful tolerant left...

I love my country and I don't want to see it harmed in any way. But I have to say, I would enjoy watching the left fowl themselves when their "protesting" goes a step too far and gets the smack down we all know is coming. The rampant lawlessness will have to end sooner or later. Sooner if I had my way.

And before any whining starts, no, its not free speech we are talking about here. The first amendment gives people the right to PEACEFULLY assemble, and LEGALLY protest. Rioting, looting, vandalism, endangering lives, are NOT covered under the first amendment.

Are you willing to admit that the republican were obstructionist for 8 years, your side declared the president to be not American, and a Muslim, and that his wife was a tranny. I love my country too, gee, I signed the line that let me defend it for 7 years. Trump is the one pushing to kill the first, damnit at least be honest with yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Sources for what? It's all common knowledge. I'm not talking about the intricacies of policy making. Just talking about trump being trump. And how much trump is too much lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

If he said "I quit.". That would end it for me.

Anything other than those two words, I don't really care. I enjoy the meltdowns, the salt, the manipulation of the media. I enjoy seeing people in pain over their own flawed ideology. I know it's probably wrong, and someday I'll change. For now, I just take great satisfaction in politics being an utter sh!tshow. It always was a sh!tshow, but not nearly as visible.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

When asked about his statement that he had the biggest electoral victory since Reagan he insisted he had. When pressed again he changed it to biggest Republican electoral victory. When it was pointed out to him that that was not the case either, he deflected again and said 'well that is what I was told".

How do you explain your unending concerned over a meaningless lie like that, while you all set back and said nothing for eight years over lies that actually affected people?

You make such grand assumptions. You are not talking to me. You are talking to a group, a group in your mind. A group you have nicely labeled them. Them might argue with you over previous administrations but I will not. I am not THEM.
If you want to argue with them take it to THEM, whoever they are. If you want to talk to me, talk to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I never liked Obama.

Never trusted him and didnt think he did a particular good job, all fluff and no action.

If Obama had acted like Trump there would be uproar from ATS.

So why does Trump get a free pass?

I see so much hypocrisy and lack of consistency.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

This argument pisses me off.

Its like saying being shot in the head sucks but at least its better than being burned alive.

Yeah Hillary was the worst option.

That does not excuse Trump from any blundee, wrong action or future scandal.

He should be held to the same standards, accountability and high expectation as anyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join