It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Jumping off the Trump Train?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't care who you voted for or what party you support. I'm just here to talk about civility. People have been saying for a year now that the next wacky thing trump says will be the final nail in his political coffin. And every time he just busts out like the girl in Kill Bill. Of course he's not mincing words to make them more political or anything, his supporters simply overlook his crass speeches.

I am also curious as to what straw will break the camel's back. That 'joke' he made while on the campaign about his supporters being so loyal he could walk in the middle of a crowded street and shoot someone in the head and people would still support him. That would probably be the last straw. Short of that, it seems no words he says will ever deal any real damage to his political capital.

There is something special about him. No other republican or democrat can ever get away with any of the 100s of inflammatory things he's said without losing their political careers. People REALLY don't like this comparison: but if you put any of the things Trump has said and pretend like Obama said it, let's say for example the whole pussy grabbing audio, well it wouldn't even be a question of course Obama wouldn't have a political career. Or anyone else for that matter. You can substitute Obama for W Bush if the comparison offends your political sensibilities, either way Trump seems to have a Carte Blanche for saying almost anything. Supporters tout it as real talk or straight talk.

I haven't even mentioned that he lies on a regular basis, weird lies to. Not normal political lies like I'll get all your jobs back but weird ones that can be EASILY fact checked by a child; like crowd sizes,electoral college votes, crime and murder rates. Obviously there are tons of lies, too much for most people to remember. Media sites have been making lists but they can't keep up with it when Trump dangles something new and shiny in front of their faces the press gets distracted.

Like i said before i don't care who the American president is, I care about civility,morals and ethical standards for politicians. So I'll ask the year old question, when or what will be enough for you to stop supporting President Trump?

I am objectively curious as to what Trump can do to have his voters stop supporting him. Please no "you lost loser" or "librart" comments. I am a conservative and nothing I said is untrue. I could've given a huge list of negative things Trump has said or done but that would just be rehashing things he has miraculously gone pass. I'm curious as to what he could say or do in the future that could break his heavily armored political career.
edit on 18-2-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Edit

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Like i said before i don't care who the American president is, I care about civily,morals and ethical standards for politicians. So I'll ask the year old question, when or what will be enough for you to stop supporting President Trump?

You "don't care" just stop supporting trump?

+48 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

LOL!!!!

Trump sure as hell isn't perfect, but the Progressive Left sure as hell isn't the "tolerable" answer to our problems, rather THE PROBLEM!

edit on 18-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

LOL!!!!

Trump sure as hell isn't perfect, but the Progressive Left sure as hell isn't the "tolerable" answer to our problems, rather THE PROBLEM!

LOL, the 2 names depicted. Milo= Tolerant to Pedophiles. Trump= Grabs women by the Pussy, womanizer, no wonder we hate them.

link   
That was odd. You are all over the place.

Politicians as a rule are "odd." Read some true history-all presidents have certain proclivities-it's obvious you are buying into the MSM propaganda.

Give him some time-I'm sure he'll do something you like-or maybe not.

Trump train? He just got elected. Most Americans try to support their leaders. That's not odd.

+14 more 
link   
NOTHING!!!
When the other option is the Hillary Clinton wheelbarrow what do you expect people to do?
They are supporting what they thought was the best candidate and will continue to support him because not supporting him now is not supporting America.

Is that what you want OP?
America to fail?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Perhaps you should have started caring, oh, I don't know, the last four or five decades. The political system in this country has been corrupt and full of # for a long time now.

+17 more 
link   
This thread was very well done and your points were right on the money....

I agree with you whole heartedly, the thing is his supporters dont see it that way and the ONLY reason is because they want to be able to "dish it back" to the left....

That is the only logical explanation for them letting him get away with what he does......

They have forgone any of their previous principles in favor of someone who will get vengeance for them.....

They will make any amount of excuses, fingers in ears, out right lies, or heads in the sand they need to keep this ball rolling....

What they dont see is they are creating a monster they are sorely going to regret.......

Kudos on your bravery for the flaming youre about to receive lol, as for me, since DAY ONE of his announcement ive been getting burned.....mostly because im on the right and a conservative...A REAL ONE

I should change my avatar to The Human Torch

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Milo= Tolerant to Pedophiles. Trump= Grabs women by the Pussy, womanizer, no wonder we hate them.

I bet you drink your blue kool-aid out of a CNN mug don't you?
Milo witnessed something horrible when he was a child and didn't report it out of fear. Yet people like you expected him to risk something even worse happening to him. Clearly you have no concept of self preservation telling me you spend large amounts of time indoors...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure you know what "objective" actually means, and judging from your post history I'm not sure you know what "conservative" actually means.

You can't just say "I'm a conservative" in an effort to shut down a particular line of debate.

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Love that when I write the slightest negative thing about Trump I'm a leftist maniac trying to attack free speech. I'm a conservative and nothing I wrote is false.
But no you keep on staying inside you righteous bubble of indignation. I didn't mention the left at all, let alone the progressive left but whatever.
"trump sure as hell isn't perfect" isn't the correct response when that politician lies blatantly. But it is the answer I get from a lot of trump voters trying to reconcile their personal beliefs with Trump's.

link   

They are not going to be honest and jump "off the Trump train" at any point.

You have to realize that we are talking about a section of society that has been indoctrinated. Right Wing propaganda has been ramping-up since FDR was in office, to Limbaugh in the 90's and now Fox News and talk radio, whom are paid by Right Wing think tanks to disseminate their propaganda.

That's the entire reason Trump was able to get in to office. He capitalized off of the brainwashed minions that the Republicans created and he knew it. That's why he said what he did about shooting someone in the middle of the street.

Pretty smart of him, actually.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

LOL!!!!

How long before that picture turns the other direction? The pendulum swings and im starting to see the right become more aggressive now, bolstered by Trump and anger.......

I get the anger, I get that its not unjustified.......

But Temperance seems to be something that is quickly going out the window..........

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
NOTHING!!!
When the other option is the Hillary Clinton wheelbarrow what do you expect people to do?
They are supporting what they thought was the best candidate and will continue to support him because not supporting him now is not supporting America.

Is that what you want OP?
America to fail?

The left does seem to want America to fail. If they can't win, then everyone else must fail.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
I haven't even mentioned that he lies on a regular basis, weird lies to. Not normal political lies like I'll get all your jobs back but weird ones that can be EASILY fact checked by a child;

The "lie" is the "win."

Trump demonstrates repeatedly that he is "not subject to the truth," and "facts don't matter."

He "won" that position of "power", which enables a person to "lie" with "impunity."

That's why he "smiles" everytime he "lies".

The news media doesn't get it.

They keep "fact checking" him on all the trivial lies he says.

He finds this very "amusing."

He is entertained by it, and continues to throw out ridiculous statements to promote the game. Then sits back and watch the news pundits go over it on the TV news.

Meanwhile, he's pulling in millions of dollars in his private clubs and hotels from all the free marketing he gets from being president.

Trump is laughing all the way to the bank.

And people think he is crazy.

Trump is probably the only sane person in that administration.

He knows where the "value" is, in a president's actions, and it's in the ability to draw more dollars into your own bank account. That's it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

People REALLY don't like this comparison: but if you put any of the things Trump has said and pretend like Obama said it, let's say for example the whole pussy grabbing audio, well it wouldn't even be a question of course Obama wouldn't have a political career

Rap music/videos says a lot worse.

Rap stars went to the White House all the time before Trump.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
And you can't assume I'm not conservative because I have a conflicting opinion. And I wrote objective because I care about what he could possibly say to lose your support, I don't however care if he does that or not. That is objective.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Agreed!

If you look at some of my recent posts I addressed that already!

What are our options other than falling into the trap? Allow those who are now perpetrating violence to continue?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
One simply cannot just jump off the Trump Train. This baby is barreling down the tracks at 100 MPH.

Woo! Woo! Making trains great again.

What is that light coming towards us in the tunnel?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

When asked about his statement that he had the biggest electoral victory since Reagan he insisted he had. When pressed again he changed it to biggest Republican electoral victory. When it was pointed out to him that that was not the case either, he deflected again and said 'well that is what I was told".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join