It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burma's military murders & rapes citizens - then declared the media an "enemy of the state."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Classic red herring.

I already debunked this guy's claim that Trump has never intimidated the media and suddenly he changes the focus of the argument back to something else?

People, this is what it feels like to ask POTUS a question and he gets caught. You can't think of a good answer, so you talk about something else to distract people away from the fact that you got caught.

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: bananasam
With all due respect, I am not specifically calling out Trump for everything just because it's him. That's not fair. But this is unique in scope and danger.

I've lived in 2 countries with censorship and state run media. I know exactly what this is. It's intimidation. And this is just the beginning.

twitter.com...

"As dishonest as @RollingStone is I say @HuffingtonPost is worse. Neither has much money - sue them and put them out of business!"

- Trump

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: bananasam
Silencing the press means you use coercion and intimidation to keep the journalists from asking questions, not just outright ignoring them with a slap of humor and ridicule.

So fabricated lies should have no consequences ? I do not care if you are a citizen or a public official who the press goes after with unverified and totally fabricated unvetted stories they should pay a price for their B.S. Just because you have a press badge is not a license to lie and smear.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

you have not debunked squat. All you have done is cited Citizen Trump's free speech ranting on his preferred social media platform??

Intimidation would be actually drafting legislation to target the press, the way Spain and Turkey did through 2015-2016. As of yet, he has made no such proposals or recommendations. He is just being a jackass on twitter on two specific tabloids that have run with tabloid nonsense in an effort to slander, which if I am not mistaken, is a first amendment protected form of speech.

It is his personal account, not the White House or POTUS account.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He retweets his own personal account from the official @POTUS. Endorsing his own views.
twitter.com...

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

you have not debunked squat. All you have done is cited Citizen Trump's free speech ranting on his preferred social media platform??

Intimidation would be actually drafting legislation to target the press, the way Spain and Turkey did through 2015-2016. As of yet, he has made no such proposals or recommendations. He is just being a jackass on twitter on two specific tabloids that have run with tabloid nonsense in an effort to slander, which if I am not mistaken, is a first amendment protected form of speech.

It is his personal account, not the White House or POTUS account.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join