It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked tape reveals Trump invited club guests to 'come along' during cabinet interviews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Newly leaked audio from a November party at President Trump's Bedminster, N.J., golf club reveals then president-elect Trump touting to guests his scheduled interviews on premises with potential cabinet members and White House staff.

“We’re doing a lot of interviews tomorrow — generals, dictators, we have everything,” Trump says in the tape, obtained by Politico and published Saturday. “You may wanna come around. It’ll be fun. We’re really working tomorrow. We have meetings every 15, 20 minutes with different people that will form our government."

Leaked tape reveals Trump invited club guests to 'come along' during cabinet interviews

I'm not concerned about trying to win Trump supporters over anymore. If Trump has one supporter left by the time he leaves office, that person will deserve some kind of award.

We all know that presidents age terribly in their jobs, but I have a feeling all of America will look 20 years older at the end of Trump's first term while Trump will look exactly the same.

The article linked above made a very apt connection between this story and the story about the North Korea missile crisis that occurred in public at Trump's Mar-a-Lago dining room. We're in a game of Russian roulette (pun intended), and such things usually don't end well.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Profusion,

Give it a rest already. Geez!!

Sincerely,
Everyone @ ATS

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Profusion,

Never stop fighting the good fight! Hurrah!!

Sincerely,
Everyone @ ATS

You seemed to be confused so I fixed it for you.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't see the actual video recording to form my own conclusion. Maybe is a plug in issue but I saw the top video of a report on it. Seems its just Trump being Trump and bragging like he does so much. Besides that, it seems rather innocuous and lame.

I see in the report that you quoted he says "dictator", if there was anything worrying it would be that, yet neither you or the original publisher comment on that.

Is it a typo?
edit on 18-2-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So what is it you have an issue with?

The fact that he basically opened the doors wide open and told people to come along and watch?

Isn't that the full transparency we were promised with Obama?

Or would you rather everything happen behind closed doors and in secret meetings?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

They are the children who refuse to listen to the parent's admonishments. Let them fall down the stairs and bump their head. When it happens, we shall be there to help them up, and place the icepack on their freshly developed protuberance.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ummm...just...
...Your screen name is so apt...it's hilarious...

You couldn't see that he was trolling the press...and the leakers...knowing full well that the press would latch onto any bone thrown to them by the sciatically challenged Intelligentsia...?

The man trolls them and you every day...and your happy to oblige him by giving him more free press...

I love watching all of the you's getting played...it's infinitely entertaining...

Note to Leakers: Your not even in the same league...as you expose yourselves...and are removed one by one...or by the troves...whichever comes first...

Orange jumpsuits and iron bars is...sooooo...going to suit you...

YouSir

link   

With Trump's inclusion of the word 'dictators', it seems as though he was making a joke for his guests.
Does anyone have proof that the interviews were attended by the golf club?

link   

What exactly is wrong with informing the American public about non-classified government activities?
The government and the President work for American citizens.

It does not sound like he did anything different than the comments he and his aides made to the media. They kept people informed about interviews. The media was constantly reporting who was coming and going from Trump Tower and Mar-a-lago during cabinet candidate interviews. It was no big secret.

link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

The fact that he basically opened the doors wide open and told people to come along and watch?

Only if you have millions in the bank , he says himself "these people are loaded"
Plebs need not apply.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Could you elaborate further where you see the problem?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And yeah - it was quite obvious that the dictators comment was a joke.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: butcherguy

And yeah - it was quite obvious that the dictators comment was a joke.

Apparently it wasn't obvious enough for some people out there.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

With Trump's inclusion of the word 'dictators', it seems as though he was making a joke for his guests.
Does anyone have proof that the interviews were attended by the golf club?

Ummm...BINGO...you get a star...and a cookie...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You right wingers are idiots. One, these interviews are state business and should be confidential between Trump and the Interviewee. Two, this idiot Trump complains about leaking, but then does an act that promotes leaking by having people in his golf club to see what is going on.

When I read the first post, I knew you right wing apologists would make up some lame excuse saying it's okay. Get a clue right wingers, you are the creators of your own mess.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Was the entire golf club present at the interviews, or just some of them?
If you could post the list of which ones were there, it would make things easier tracking down the leaker (s).

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I listened to the audio and he comes off as trying to be humorous. Don't know if any of the members were able to be in the room during the interviews, but that would definitely be odd.

Also didn't know he discussed the NK missile issue on the patio surrounded by Mar a lago members.

If that is true, I'm sure we will hear about that again.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You right wingers are idiots. One, these interviews are state business and should be confidential between Trump and the Interviewee. Two, this idiot Trump complains about leaking, but then does an act that promotes leaking by having people in his golf club to see what is going on.

When I read the first post, I knew you right wing apologists would make up some lame excuse saying it's okay. Get a clue right wingers, you are the creators of your own mess.

Leak what? You think there is classified information being discussed in an interview with people around?
edit on 18-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Right wing idiot here (I guess):

One)
Actually, if anything, the interviews are party affairs more than they are state affairs, and could be confidential. The congressional approvals are state affairs though.

Two)
Does not this idiot Trump complain about leakage from intelligence agencies rather than about what he himself says in public?

(I am not American might not be a downright authority on US governmental matters and I also might miss out on some of the news stories (I have to keep up with domestic and European political news too), so I am perfectly willing to be proven wrong.)

edit on 18-2-2017 by DupontDeux because: bb code correction

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You don't even have to read the first post to know how this thread would go. A quick look at the thread title and the poster and you knew it would be a slam on Trump.

StoopIng to name calling and belittling would soon follow. You don't have to be a visionary to see how this unfolds.

For the Op: why are you trying to win Trump supporters over anyway, because you know best?
Because Trump supporters are lost without your superior guidance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join