It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portraits of Courage A Commander in Chief's Tribute to America's Warriors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So I recently noticed George Bush is coming to Florida to do a signing of his book. I may not have agreed with all of his domestic and foreign policy directives, but I sure do agree with the spirit of this book. It was not known to me that our old pal Georgie actually has a penchant for painting. I suppose this is why he was not all that adept in politics, he was an artists, not a politician! kek!

anyways, his book takes 66 of his oil paintings that he did in honor of service men and women he has met and personally knows, gives them a full page with a story of the person depicted. I honestly had no idea he was doing a book, and his relevance was pretty much done with me. But I have never met a President, and this would be a great opportunity, I hope, to meet and speak with a former leader of the greatest country on Earth!

So I plan to hit my local book store in the afternoon and find me a copy to take to him for a signing. I like that the net proceeds of the book go to his veterans support charity. This should be fun, I only ever visit the base for the airfest every other year. Will be really cool to be there for something different. I hope there is a way for me to get in!

Each painting in this meticulously produced hardcover volume is accompanied by the inspiring story of the veteran depicted, written by the President. Readers can see the faces of those who answered the nation’s call and learn from their bravery on the battlefield, their journeys to recovery, and the continued leadership and contributions they are making as civilians. It is President Bush’s desire that these stories of courage and resilience will honor our men and women in uniform, highlight their family and caregivers who bear the burden of their sacrifice, and help Americans understand how we can support our veterans and empower them to succeed. The author's net proceeds from this book will be donated to the George W. Bush Presidential Center, a non-profit organization whose Military Service Initiative is focused on helping post-9/11 veterans and their families make a successful transition to civilian life and on addressing issues of veteran wellness including post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injury

If you are in Florida, and not too far, look into coming by. We can meet for lunch after! or before, whatever.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There's only one President I hold in lower esteem than President Bush but I can give credit where credit is due , portraits are difficult to get right but I think he's captured his subjects well and am impressed by his skill.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If he has a soul he is probably tormented by his war on terror. Adolf Hitler was a painter as well but no one cares about his stuff cause he was a mega ass hole

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Yea, well, Adolf did not make paintings to honor his warriors which valiantly served their country and then make a book about it whos proceeds will go to a foundation to help struggling veterans reintegrate and cope with the stresses of war.

I will still be honored to meet him and hopefully get a picture or two. If I am successful, I will post the pictures here.

top topics

join