It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: F-15s scramble to intercept unresponsive plane West Palm Beach

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Two F-15's scrambled out of Homestead due to intrusion of an unresponsive plane in restricted airspace. That airspace is near where President Trump is currently staying , and was enroute to West Palm Beach airport.

The jets flew at supersonic speeds and residents were startled by the loud boom, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, NORAD, said in a statement. The two fighters were able to establish communication with the aircraft. This incident occured at about 7 p.m. ET. No further details were immediately available.

Source: FOX< br />
All is ok, but the incident brings back a memory.

This is the kind of instantanious response that was expected down on the cape , when 9/11 was unfolding. Most of the Jets were on training missions in the mid-west and would have been from Hanscom and Otis at that time.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Yes, that was awesome, it shook my house

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yes, that was awesome, it shook my house

I would have loved to see those baby's roar out and break the sound barrier !
Bet it was loud as hell!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
Back in the 60's we used to call it the sound of freedom!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That reminded me of the eerie and sad Learjet Ghost Plane of 1999. It was all over the news because a number of PGA notables were on it.

I remember following the sad news story as they kept vigil over the plane full of dead ... until it crashed in South Dakota.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm a proud American knowing those amazing men in their flying machines are up there. Thank you gentleman for your service, angels 5 through the sound Barrier!!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

That reminded me of the eerie and sad Learjet Ghost Plane of 1999. It was all over the news because a number of PGA notables were on it.

I remember following the sad news story as they kept vigil over the plane full of dead ... until it crashed in South Dakota.

Gawd, I remember that as well. Imagine being next to the aircraft, and being able to do absolutely nothing!. Sad , Sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

A friend of my mother's, several years ago, was up in her biplane,minding her own business. Suddenly she noticed an F-16 off her wing, so she throws him a wave, thinking he just wanted to see her plane. He just looked back. Ut oh.

She started to get that not so good feeling when he signaled her to follow him. She looked over her shoulder, and oh look, another F-16. They directed her to an airfield where there weer lots of people waiting to get a look at her airplane.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cool. Was she in restricted airspace? or, did they just want to check out the relic. BiPlanes are great.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Gawd, I remember that as well. Imagine being next to the aircraft, and being able to do absolutely nothing!. Sad , Sad.

Why couldn't a larger plane "lasso" it and hold on until the fuel ran out?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Weight for one thing. Aircraft can only carry so much weight, even starting off in the air. You'd be more likely to disrupt the aerodynamics of the one you're trying to catch than successfully catch it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Oh no, she busted a TFR. She didn't check the NOTAMs prior to takeoff.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

This isn't a Nolan movie...

This is real life.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If you could somehow catch one, what could you possibly do with it? Suppose trying to get it on a runway and release it.... most likely a big crash as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Brings up an interesting premise. Would there be any way to get into a flying aircraft by a person on a cable.... even with the right tools? ... and pressurization as well..

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: charlyv

Why couldn't a larger plane "lasso" it and hold on until the fuel ran out?

Physics and of course gravity.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Yeah, the military has a modified F/117 that can somehow carry a small team of seals that can attach itself to a jumbo...

Umm but seriously, probably not. Maybe at real slow speeds, and with some large kahunas

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Not exactly catching one but impressive none the same , Pardos push .
en.wikipedia.org...

The link below is more of a catching thing .1940 Brocklesby mid-air collision
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Imagine the training for that!
Big Brass ones.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Great stories, thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>