It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Madness Is Spreading

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The three examples above are exactly like Trump's inability to cope with the fact that his electoral college victory was not that impressive.

I think that it impressed Hillary.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I hope this madness doesn't keep you in madness for the rest of your life

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Dude, Trump is in the position he's in for a reason. There is absolutely no point in fighting it. He was meant to win. The sooner you realise that, the sooner the pieces of the jigsaw will fall into place.

That doesn't even speak to the OP's point. Your response is a perfect example of this madness.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2017 by lottawizdumb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Progressive Liberal Idiocy Is Spreading the more good Trump does'
Much better and more honest post title

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Look, Trump may be a POS, but even if he is, he's still better than Hillary would have been.

Yeah, hell I would have likley voted for him! But that doesnt meanyou should not call him to acoount and point out his mistakes and blunders.

What is annoying is people following him blindly and treating him as the Oranage Jesus.

Who's following him blindly?

He criticized the media and now every has lost their mind over it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Half of ATS!

Anyone that brings up any worries or concerns is instantly labeled by some as a Hillary loving, commie American hating libitard.

Look I would have voted Trump as Hillary to me seemed far worse.

But I do have some well founded concerns in regards to Trumps pick for staff posititions.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think the main problem is, that people are so invested in being right about him, that they are unprepared to accept how wrong they were, despite any potential evidence showing their error.

And that is assuming you are dealing with someone who actually has the ability to comprehend a piece of journalistic or factual documentation well enough to actually understand its contents and their meaning. This is not always the case.

I hadn't seen this expressed before, but I do think it's an astute observation and that there's some element of truth to it. I know that I tend to do this myself, and sometimes shy away from stories from a reliable source but that express a viewpoint that I don't like.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The following are three examples of how Trump's madness is spreading to his followers.

1. In the comments to the following article you can read Trump supporters calling actual Trump quotes which were not taken out of context "fake news."

18 WTF Moments From Trump's Unhinged Press Conference

2. I posted a thread on another forum concerning Trump's tweet about his claim that "Crimea was 'taken' by Russia." In that thread someone called the tweet "fake news" because I linked to a CNN article about the tweet. When I gave the person a link to Trump's Twitter page, they insulted me and refused to continue the conversation.

3. I just had a discussion with someone else who claimed I had "no idea" about what happened concerning Flynn's resignation. I had posted a link to an article that mentioned Flynn's resignation letter, but the person I was debating ignored that apparently because the article I linked to didn't use the exact words "resignation letter." To prove that I did know something about Flynn's resignation, I wrote that we can look at Flynn's resignation letter in order to deduce some things about what happened with Flynn. The person I was debating immediately abandoned the conversation. That's not their style at all. They're a "never give up, never surrender" kind of person.

The three examples above are exactly like Trump's inability to cope with the fact that his electoral college victory was not that impressive.

Donald Trump said Thursday that his victory in the 2016 election was "the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan."

It's a claim that Trump has repeated numerous times since November. And by any measure, it is flatly and demonstrably false.

Trump officially received 304 electoral college votes when all the counting was over; he would have notched 306 from his performance on Election Day, but two "faithless" electors did not vote for him when the Electoral College met in December.

In comparison, in 2012, Barack Obama received 332 electoral votes. And that was significantly less than Obama's 2008 showing, when he won 365 electoral votes.

Trump’s Electoral College Win Was Not the Biggest Since Reagan

How do those of us who are still sane deal with this?

How do we deal with it? We can only laugh. The satirists and serious journalists are still all there for us. (Ever notice how the alt-right and general "right-wing" people don't have comedians? Humorless bunch of trolls.)

We can also keep pointing out how idiotic he is, and how every time he opens his mouth or uncaps his pen his stupidity and incompetence is more apparent. His fans will have to give up at some time.....or be locked up for public frothing and violence against human intelligence.

Gods above, how I miss the Obamas!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

So does everyone else.

I'm just not one who is hoping for his assassination just because he said things.

*shrugs*

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

War is Peace,
Freedom is Slavery,
Ignorance is Strength

That seems to sum up the way I feel about Trump and his "alternate facts" and "fake news."

His regime is currently trying to undermine democracy, the checks and balances and the fifth estate of the press by telling outright lies, exaggerations and discounting truth.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
it annoys me to no end he actually speaks in sound bites. I concluded he purposefully makes vague statement's like his electoral college claim. Trump was right but he didn't elaborate he won Michigan and Wisconsin a herculean feat for a republican which was widely discussed.And by the way the only other to do it was Ronald Reagan. But here is Trumps problem he generalizes for example he sees stats claiming murder rates are on the rise in 5 major US cities. To him it becomes the whole US. My biggest advice I can give him is stop watching the news and just do your damn job.

That's a good observation - he's speaking in sound bytes and it's often stream-of-consciousness. While that works in the business world, it leads to embarrassing gaffes on a global schedule (his embarrassing speech for Black History Month is a classic example.)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think someone ought to make a Twitter account called "at Fake Donald Trump"

I don't do Twitter, but it would be the best strategy. Call everything he says "fake."

hashtag Fake President

Go for it, guys!!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

But Byrd! He said: "The news is fake because so much of the news is fake" And he said it with a completely serious face that has a fake tan beneath whatever that hair-hat thing is. God....you'd think Ivanka and Melania could get him to modern-up his 'do'.

edit on 2/18/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

ETA this:

edit on 2/18/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Dude, Trump is in the position he's in for a reason. There is absolutely no point in fighting it. He was meant to win. The sooner you realise that, the sooner the pieces of the jigsaw will fall into place.

Sure and when the puzzle is complete and all glued together we can flip it over.
Right to where it says Made In Russia.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Yeah...no

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: The GUT

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But what if it's purposely planned? What if Trump was used to replace the old guard with someone new.

They did that in the French Revolution were they took out the old aristocracy and replaced them with a new TPTB. Actually there was a thread about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Uh huh...we do this every four years.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No worries.

We are laughing through our tears.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The fact is that he had the biggest electoral college win for a Republican in about 30 years. Which is entirely true. Whether that's what he meant or not, I don't know. Also he handed Hillary's ass to her electorally and despite the fact that the entire media and everyone else have been saying she had a 99% chance of winning and every single poll they had was dead wrong. He won literally against all odds against both Demo and Repub establishments with a fraction of the money they had used against him. It's probably the biggest win by any nominee in American history and that should be the story.

Face it. They tried everything including the kitchen sink to stop him and they just can't. Fail after fail. It's just embarrassing for them.
edit on 18-2-2017 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
a reply to: peppycat

Trump's level of lying is unprecedented. Seeing his followers becoming equally as deceitful and dissociation as Trump is the thing that really concerns me.

We Fact-Checked All the Lies Donald Trump's Administration Told This Week

I think the following story about McCain is huge. I can't recall anything like it for many reasons. I believe it's a sign that Republicans en mass may start turning against Trump sooner than we might imagine. Shepherd Smith speaking out against Trump is another good sign of that.

John McCain just systematically dismantled Donald Trump’s entire worldview

PredictIt is giving Trump a 74% chance of being President at the end of the year. That's really terrible.

Will Donald Trump be president at year-end 2017?

a reply to: Spacespider

Trump's patio situation room after NK missile launch raises security questions

Any comments on that?

Yeah more anti-Trump concocted statistics and polls from the MSM, that should work...It worked great the first time, didn't it? Might as well try again and keep fooling the public so then when he's re-elected in 2020 they can have a mass trigger effect like this election. Can't wait.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join