It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Madness Is Spreading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Byrd

Every time I listen to Trump speak it hurts my head because I have to fact-check most of what he says and that takes a while. On the plus side, I learn a lot.

If more Americans were like you, I think our Republic would have a better chance of survival.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Really is typical.

Trump said words, so butthurt ensues.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Gryphon66

No more then when Obama was crying about Fox News.

Point out where Mr. Obama called Fox News "the enemy of the American people."

Oh no he called some members of the media the enemy, well if they would stop with the b.s he might not talk like a ham.

Let me know when he sends the authorities after them.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The sad reality is that we are in the minority. In fact I have a professor who is not a Trump supporter yet has to keep his mouth shut (He called Trump a man baby and is not the conspiracy type) because he'll lose his job if he criticize the left wing domination of academia
edit on 2/18/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
When responses are uniformly at the level of jokes, puns, quips, one-liners, funny memes and grade-school insults, one knows that one is dealing with the emotionally and intellectually immature.

That's the kindest thing I can say in this instance.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

No more then when Obama was crying about Fox News.

Point out where Mr. Obama called Fox News "the enemy of the American people."

Oh no he called some members of the media the enemy, well if they would stop with the b.s he might not talk like a ham.

Let me know when he sends the authorities after them.

Nope, Mr. Tump called ABC, CNN, CBS and the Times THE ENEMY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Or you unaware of this or simply trying to ignore it?

Also, I'm waiting for the quote from Obama stating that Fox News is the enemy of the American people. You said it, surely you can back it up, right?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Since you take Mr Trumps words as concrete proof then you must agree that he will make America great again, right?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

The sad reality is that we are in the minority. In fact I have a professor who is not a Trump supporter yet has to keep his mouth shut (He called Trump a man baby and is not the conspiracy type) because he'll lose his job if he criticize the left wing domination of academia

I have to disagree with you. Every reasonable measure tells us that Mr. Trump commands at most 35-45% support.

"We" are not in the minority because there aren't only two categories. Mr. Trump won in the Electoral College by 107,000 votes or so in three swing states. This is out of over 135 million votes cast in the election.

That tells us that at worst, it's 50-50.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Since you take Mr Trumps words as concrete proof then you must agree that he will make America great again, right?

Another absurd example.

I take the PRESIDENT of the UNTIED STATES declaring the group that enjoys one of the most basic PRIMARY PROTECTIONS in our Constitution seriously.

I haven't said that I believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

If you want to discuss this in a reasonable way, please drop the blatant absurdities.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Obama never said the same thing as Trump but my point was that they all talk crap about who they don't like but that's all it is plain old crap talking.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The real funny thing is that people actually think that the MSM is the bastion of truth, integrity and honesty.

Apparently people think that the 1st Amendment means you can't say anything critical of the media.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Well in the other hand I ain't no fan of the left. From my observations, they are also puppets of the same masters who controlled Trump.

Those who oppose both Trump and the Regressive Left are very much in the minority.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
No one thinks that the media is flawless. No one.

Reasonable people realize that every media outlet, and sometimes, every media personality, has a unique agenda.

Over simplifying every element of life into black and white, good and bad, is the mark of propaganda.

Speaking and thinking in absolutes indicates blind belief, zealotry and yes, authoritarianism and tyranny.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Discuss what, that Trump smack talks?

Tell you what if he bans the media from the White House then we can discuss it til then it's a non issue.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No one thinks that the media is flawless. No one.

I can think of a few regulars who works their arses off around here everyday proving otherwise.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Anyone notice that diehard Trump supporters usually react with the same kinds of hyperbole Mr. Trump does?

No, I don't. My journey to finally be supportive of Trump was because many of his supporters made damn good solid arguments for why I should take a second look at him.

He's a New Yorker. You either love them or hate them or tolerate them. He understands the art of the deal. He's not perfect bless his heart, but I found out he doesn't seem to be quite the ogre I had previously thought he was.

He's no repub and I think he will surprise everyone with latitude on partisan issues. I always look at a candidates children as part of my assessment. I was surprised to see how much they loved him and how decent they seemed to be. Ivanka for President!

He makes mistakes. He also works his butt off and he is drumming up some business. Pretty much everyone came away from Trump Tower meetings with sincerely good things to say about him. The personal Trump seems to be softer and more loveable. This is a guy that's had to hold his own against New York publishers/MSM, so he's a fighter and a good durn one it turns out.

I LOVED how CNN's Acosta stuttered, almost dropped his papers, and called him Sir with some respect for once. The only reason a hardened reporter like that would show fear is because he knows he's been a weasel and he knows he's met a boss. Being a real boss is a good quality in general I say.

Mileage may vary, but I looked at him hard and in all kinds of areas and while I don't agree with him on everything, I've come to believe he has the potential to be the best thing we've seen in awhile.

He's not a globalist and that is an exciting concept for me. We haven't seen that since Kennedy.
edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well in the other hand I ain't no fan of the left. From my observations, they are also puppets of the same masters who controlled Trump.

Those who oppose both Trump and the Regressive Left are very much in the minority.

Monolithic terms like "Left" and "Right" are useless tools of manipulation.

It suggests that people are ALL ALIKE and they only exist on ONE OF TWO SIDES.

This is a most pernicious lie. Whenever you see this kind of false dichotomy being presented, you're in the presence of a propagandist or a parrot blindly repeating propaganda.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Nothing is absolute.

I misspoke. I should have said "some Trump supporters."

ETA: Also, I see nothing positive in anyone, even a news personality, being "afraid" of the President of the United States.

The President should inspire confidence, not fear, and certainly not repressive dread.

IN my opinion.

One more edit ... you don't see an issue with the President declaring a good amount of the media (rather than individuals) the ENEMY of the American people?

That is also "unprecedented."

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Lemme fix that title for you OP

"The Liberal Butthurt Rash Is Spreading"

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tehdouglas

Well not everyone who opposes Trump is a Liberal. There are some like my professor who called Trump a man baby but has to be careful to not criticize the Liberal Domination of Academia or he'll lose his job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join