It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the first time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
... that I ever recall this web site being more pro government than against.

If you look at any of the multitudes of the political posts on the forums, you'll find that pro Trump, or pro White House, or pro cabinet member posts get far more recognition and agreement than those that oppose the government. As far as I know, this is a first for this web site that prospered on alternative thinking.

How did we become pro establishment? When did we get hijacked?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

My impression coming back last year is that the entire liberal base was completely in love with anything that had to do with Obama, Hillary, any and all agencies under him, military adventurism (including the "genocide" they started in Syria), and the bulk of the MSM that all supports and nurtures them.

But hey, what do I know?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Trump isn't a career politician. No one in the deep state thought he could win because they got cocky.

Did you know he likes a good conspiracy? Like the evils of the deep state and that the FED should be audited? Even 911. He thinks the Saudis were up to some shizzle in that too. He thinks nation-toppling is stoopid. So do I. So, in that sense, dude, he's one of us!!

Agent Orange just might be the surprise hook that the mother of all conspiracies never saw coming.

edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This election wasn't about Trump.

We gave both sides a chance to fix it.

They failed.

We gave DC a middle finger.

Trump just happened to be the finger.

Kind of like Quint says in Jaws.

"The Taxidermist is going to sh!t when he sees what I brung him".

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Classic lol.

That's why I think what that has been rap somebody at the Grammy's called him--Agent Orange--is a kickbutt nickname for a wildcard against the deep state like Trump.

He's kind of like Inspector Clouseau or Austin Powers in a way and he just might blow up Dr. Evil's long-played game in their face. And bring us some jobs in the process. I'd watch that movie! Hopefully we are.
edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Nah. It's always been like that.

It's just that the last 8 years were Obama and the (mainly conservative) posters here hated everything about it. Now they're celebrating.

And yeah, when the shoe's on the other foot, it's annoying. I try not to post every speculative Schadenfreude article I see about Trump (as everyone did about Obama) but it's tempting.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Post 'em they make for lulzy content.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

He is downsizing/firing/eliminating government. Your post makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Considering the current government is also anti establishment Id say were on the right side.
I find it funny that so many on here now seem to be pro MSM, before this election nearly all on here would have agreed the media was full of shyte but now theyre anti Trump a few on here seem to think they report the truth and represent the people.

Interesting times indeed

P.s Go Trump

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Nah. It's always been like that.

It's just that the last 8 years were Obama and the (mainly conservative) posters here hated everything about it. Now they're celebrating.

And yeah, when the shoe's on the other foot, it's annoying. I try not to post every speculative Schadenfreude article I see about Trump (as everyone did about Obama) but it's tempting.

I definitely remember the unanimous hate that Bush received before Obama took over. (Maybe you got Mandela effected?)

I imagine if Trump goes about spreading democracy around the world at the end of a missile or bailing out banks the tide will turn against him too.

But for now, he's doing what he was elected to do. While telling the formerly state sponsored propaganda networks to pound sand.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Hijacked? I think you can only be brainwased for so long, people are waking up

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

One thing I try to keep in mind through experiencing the same exact perceptions of the latest ATS arena is that never before have we witnessed a President publicly shutting down the validity of the MSM to such a degree that Trump is doing. It's a new direction in history when the staunch anti government enthusiasts that for years sat in the back ground, gladly accepting their roles outside of the mainstream, can step to the forefront of turmoil with credible stances of what is going on... when in past their view points were shunned.

This now brings about a role reversal as this transition occurs. Now, previously crack pot conspiracy theories are brought to the forefront of credible debate. The debates of red vs. blue, are now being debates of MSM vs. the consumers. Those consuming MSM throughout the past are wise to what is happening... to the degree that they are now moving out from being in front of their comfy TV knowledge sources and delving into the world's of conspiracy theory. MSM'ers are essentially fish out of water and brand new to a world of conspiracy... hence, what looks to conspiracy theorists to be a wave of propaganda being pushed on them as of recent.

I do notice MSM concepts bleeding into this forum of which I have grown comfortable with being crazy. I welcome the crazy, and will always move my direction 180 degrees from the movement of the masses. I kind of look at ATS as a place that I should keep coming to... to help provide a sense of crazy to those who have coddled to the nipples of MSM of the past years. I may never know where these words I type may provide influence, but I look to all of you OG ATS'ers as the professors of these debates. This site helped me find my current outlooks on life... in more ways than I may like to admit, and it's quite possible your words have unknowingly helped that happen in past time spent here.

Erasing the debate and including the people have been my inner peace found with ATS. The opinions of one that recently joined are a tad harder to process as credible until a history of their opinions is read. But, it is actually tough for me to read the opinions of historical members that are growing weary with the new influx of MSM presence... your thoughts on the arena are more important to me than the actual debates of the new members, which is proof that your longstanding voice is a stronger influence than the words of a bulk of ATS members. It's only words on a screen yes, but the same word can have a stronger impact or not... depending on the energy that is typing the words. Keep on denying!
edit on 18-2-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Bush presidency, or rather its response, almost ruined the internet. I ended up leaving every other forum i posted on, and withdrawing to the relative sanity of ATS.

It was obnoxious, but not as bad as Bush when Obama was in office.

Now that Trump is back, the internet is being ruined again.

Im not a partisan...but from this outside perspective I can definitely say that one group of partisans is far, far more annoying than the other. Its like the diference between arguing with an ignorant teenager vs a 4 year old screaming with fingers in ears.

top topics

join