It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald: Even Americans Who Hate Trump Should Defend Him Against Attempted Coup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Leading Progressives Kucinich and Greenwald: Even Americans Who Hate Trump Should Defend Him Against Attempted Coup by the “Deep State” … A Coup Which Is Being Attempted “So That This Military Industrial Intel Axis Can Cash In”

- Source

Former liberal congressman and presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich said Tuesday:

What’s at the core of this is an effort by some in the intelligence community to upend any positive relationship between the U.S. and Russia. And I tell you there’s a marching band and Chowder Society out there. There are people trying to separate the U.S. and Russia so that this military industrial intel axis can cash in.

ºMore about Kucinich's comments -ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ºAssange on the "Deep State": www.abovetopsecret.com...

Transcript is on the source page.

Similarly, Pulitzer prize winning journalist Glenn Greenwald said today:

The deep state, although there’s no precise or scientific definition, generally refers to the agencies in Washington that are permanent power factions. They stay and exercise power even as presidents who are elected come and go. They typically exercise their power in secret, in the dark, and so they’re barely subject to democratic accountability, if they’re subject to it at all. It’s agencies like the CIA, the NSA and the other intelligence agencies, that are essentially designed to disseminate disinformation and deceit and propaganda, and have a long history of doing not only that, but also have a long history of the world’s worst war crimes, atrocities and death squads.

This is who not just people like Bill Kristol, but lots of Democrats are placing their faith in, are trying to empower, are cheering for as they exert power separate and apart from—in fact, in opposition to—the political officials to whom they’re supposed to be subordinate.

That isn’t what this resistance is now doing. What they’re doing instead is trying to take maybe the only faction worse than Donald Trump, which is the deep state, the CIA, with its histories of atrocities, and say they ought to almost engage in like a soft coup, where they take the elected president and prevent him from enacting his policies. And I think it is extremely dangerous to do that.

Even if you’re somebody who believes that both the CIA and the deep state, on the one hand, and the Trump presidency, on the other, are extremely dangerous, as I do, there’s a huge difference between the two, which is that Trump was democratically elected and is subject to democratic controls, as these courts just demonstrated and as the media is showing, as citizens are proving. But on the other hand, the CIA was elected by nobody. They’re barely subject to democratic controls at all. And so, to urge that the CIA and the intelligence community empower itself to undermine the elected branches of government is insanity. That is a prescription for destroying democracy overnight in the name of saving it.

- Source

As from what was shared by Kucinich earlier in the week, journalist Glenn Greenwald goes over even more of the pressing threat. For non supporters it may be best to take heed of this info. FYI I'm not for the whole fandom threads clogging the site but this site being conspiracy leaning and the concern that this is appearing more than just a conspiracy that some had speculated.

Thoughts?

edit on 17-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: corrections

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

DAMN it is just impossible to refute such true statements! We really want the types who have funded every flavor of psychotic beheaders from Islamic terrorists to Latin American drug cartels and even Asian and European mobsters to basically overthrow our elected government?? How asinine is that??

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I keep saying with ALL my heart this is beyond left/right. Our CREEPY foreign policy never changes Dem or Rep since Kennedy and the deep state MSM puppets hypno-b.s. us with whatever keeps the nation toppling going! Ask yourselves WHY?

Allen Dulles immediately turned the CIA into a powerful and morally-corrupt imperialistic death squad. Things have never been the same since. If you're not familiar read up on a truly unhinged man and his cronies that created the entire Red Scare out of certifiable paranoia. Search "Wilderness of mirrors" and Angleton for a mind-blowing look.

The world hates us for a reason. Until we address this deep state expect perpetual war and destabilization worldwide---and coming to us soon at home if we don't.

Trump is the wildcard in their otherwise perfect hand whether he's an alright guy or a loser. We need to stop this crap and demand change.

Babies and families worldwide will thank us. Boy...I betcha DEEP STATE is trending right now. Let's keep it trending.
edit on 17-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Sadly, many would approve and even assist in a coup.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Was is a coup when Nixon fell to leaks?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Anyone with the stones to take on the CIA/NSA has my support. We can deal with how big of a scoundrel they are later....the back of the CIA/NSA must be broken.

And the DEA, DHS, IRS, ATF, and FBI. And Department of Education.

But start with the CIA/NSA.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Greenwald is Wikileaks's "B" word.

And Wikileaks is infested with Russian intelligence operatives.

Not buying anything this guy is selling. Whether he knows it or not, he's pushing a pro-Russian intelligence/Kremlin agenda.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Doesn't matter.

You already have half the country that hates Trump for no rational reason.
You have the media that can and will bias confirm the hatred with (cough) "trumped" up charges of anything that the half will eat up.
Along with establishment dems and republicans who actually despise the idea of real change and improvement, you have a perfect recipe for a coup d'état.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If the CIA has the power you all are saying, then how could Trump be anything but who they intended to be president?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You know what y'all? Even though we are standing at the most dangerous intersection in time that those of us alive have ever been---there's a freaking mass awakening going on now of what we often call sheeple.

We've been waiting for this and almost hopeless it would ever happen. And we have the internet. For now anyway I might should say.

Trump has stated that he's against meddling in other nations politics through destabilization. It's time to take our mighty pen swords, forget our partisanship for a moment, and collectively demand Pres. Trump stops the nation-toppling.

As I've been saying, whether it's only his ego or ego in combination with his heart, he likes to keep promises. LeftRightMiddleConspiracyFreaks let's join hands on this one, stop the warmongering, and stick it to these deep state sociopaths that direct our foreign policy no matter the party...except maybe with the wildcard...Trump.

edit on 18-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If the CIA has the power you all are saying, then how could Trump be anything but who they intended to be president?

You can bet some asses are getting chewed for that! I'm sure they are looking into it so it doesn't happen again. It tickles the heck out of me. In the meantime they have their PR dept the MSM working 24/7 to try and take him out. That should tell us ALL something. DIE DEEP STATE DIE!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That's the thing though. Trump says he's against meddling in foreign countries, but his rhetoric about Iran and the middle east matches Wesley Clark's invasion plan for the future perfectly.

I don't believe he's as different as your saying, he's just being sold as that. He's being used just as any other President would be. I'm sure he doesn't believe that, but not believing that is what makes him open to being used by these same intelligence aagencies.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Anyone with the stones to take on the CIA/NSA has my support. We can deal with how big of a scoundrel they are later....the back of the CIA/NSA must be broken.

And the DEA, DHS, IRS, ATF, and FBI. And Department of Education.

But start with the CIA/NSA.

Woah, woah, there big fella. Sure the first three and the last can certainly go. But lets be honest, I think the FBI and ATF still have a spot in American domestic security if you ask me. Should some of the ATF regulations and restrictions be rolled back? Oh yea, better believe it. But outright abolition?? The FBI, or an agency with interstate jurisdiction like it, is still necessary to tackle organized crime, human trafficking, and those crazy cults in the heart of America that we rarely hear about anymore on the news, but they still exist.

Also the ATF do one helluva job with tracking down the line of ownership for firearms used in crimes, as well as keeping explosives in check. Color me fearful if you want, but I would like it if restrictions and heavy licensing on explosive material were to remain as effective as they are today.

Do we really want Helicopter strikes in Urban America like what just happened in Mexico because a lack of interstate policing emboldens and empowers crime syndicates who will have no jurisdictional problems with their business model??

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

This is, IMO, the end result of a lack of interstate civilian policing. Straight up military enforcement of the law, which usually means: KILL!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If he manages to choke the IC dragon, the nation will end up praising him. None of us like war.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed.

And the only reason they haven't moved on it is probably due to the internet.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That's the thing though. Trump says he's against meddling in foreign countries, but his rhetoric about Iran and the middle east matches Wesley Clark's invasion plan for the future perfectly.

I don't believe he's as different as your saying, he's just being sold as that. He's being used just as any other President would be. I'm sure he doesn't believe that, but not believing that is what makes him open to being used by these same intelligence aagencies.

I believe he means it to a large degree. I think it's complex, however, because we basically created extremism/terrorism first by meddling and bombing folk and then by funding and arming them sheesh.

So, yeah, we have to engage terror 'cause it's wrong even though it's our own deep state blowback. I believe Erik Prince has telegraphed Trump's plan for that. In the meantime we proceed to recognize and dismantle the deep state and stop toppling. Syria would be a GREAT start. Cute babies will thank us believe me!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

If he manages to choke the IC dragon, the nation will end up praising him. None of us like war.

The international bankers (read that to include our un-audited-ever fed) will probably crash us if he manages, but I believe it's worth it.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Exactly.

It's "quantum" time again. The CIA is ultra powerful and scary when it suits them, but somehow mysteriously absent and without such powers when it didn't matter.

They used the same thing with Obama and Clinton. Both were weak, (and also sick/mentally ill with Clinton) but also war mongers and murderers. At the same time!

They just invent the boogeyman they need in any given moment.

The CIA and others in the IC community are doing their job. Above all else they are tasked with defending America from all her enemies and to maintain the status quo.

Do I agree with a lot of the things they've done over the years? Hell no. Then again, I'm not party or privy to all of the intelligence they have, and neither are any of you. There are always things we don't know that they do, and yet we always rush to judgement because they necessarily exist in the shadows.

Do I believe they need to have checks on their power? Absolutely. I am 100% against a police state.

Greenwald said that Trump was elected and that "democratic controls" to take care of Trump? Really? With a GOP/Republican controlled house and senate? With officials Trump himself appointed? Does anyone really think that without a LOT of damning leaks and prodding anything would be done?

And anyone that thinks having the USA being infiltrated, corrupted and influenced by a foreign power is OK -- you're straight up a traitor and not a patriot. You are anti-American to the core, and spit on the very graves of our founding fathers.

By dismissing the foreign subversion of America, you stand against everything our grandparents and forefathers fought and died for. My family watered this country with their blood, and I cannot -- will not, sit back and hear armchair "patriotic Americans" falsely claim to love America, only to piss on the memory of those that have sacrificed, bled, and died for her.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

They failed their job when it came to Iraq and WMD's, which has sent out nation into a cesspool to shovel the muck. Then Smith Mundt was repealed, and they reinfested our media to run their operations on us instead of foreign nations. The apparatus we trained to topple foreign governments was unleashed domestically.

The result has been obvious. And blatant. Its been so obvious and blatant that the Peple actually elected Trump. Think about that. The People have seen so much horse shiz that they were willing to elect Donald Trump, of all people.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

They failed their job when it came to Iraq and WMD's, which has sent out nation into a cesspool to shovel the muck. Then Smith Mundt was repealed, and they reinfested our media to run their operations on us instead of foreign nations. The apparatus we trained to topple foreign governments was unleashed domestically.

The result has been obvious. And blatant. Its been so obvious and blatant that the Peple actually elected Trump. Think about that. The People have seen so much horse shiz that they were willing to elect Donald Trump, of all people.

No, they didn't. Please research history a bit more. The White House knew and had intel from the IC that no WMD existed in Iraq, but hung Powell out to dry and made him say they did anyway.

The memos from the White House have been made public and declassified showing this.

edit on 18-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join