It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple sclerosis... M.S. what it is, and how we deal with it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I do know a part of what you're going through. I have Charcot Marie Tooth disease. It too can destroy the myelin sheath. There are many types, which can present differently. Yet I've noticed we all have a main group of symptoms caused by our peripheral nerves failing

Have you tried Cbd hemp oil?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: madmac5150

Bahahahaha! I almost spit my water out! That was hysterical! Talk about laugh out loud! I did! OMG, you sure can write! Thanks for that link, I needed a good laugh!

I'm still laughing!

I think he heard you...

He is in my lap... he is older, but still a character

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: spartanwarrior
I do know a part of what you're going through. I have Charcot Marie Tooth disease. It too can destroy the myelin sheath. There are many types, which can present differently. Yet I've noticed we all have a main group of symptoms caused by our peripheral nerves failing

Have you tried Cbd hemp oil?

Private message me. T and Cs apply...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A few years ago, there was research being conducted concerning local endocrine changes that would trigger myelination of dendritic outgrowths of oligodendrocytes in the CNS.

Don't know if it ever went anywhere, but I thought I'd mention it if you were unaware.

Take care.

I actually read that study. It was such a boring read, that I think that is what caused my MS

The "cause" of M.S. has been narrowed down to a vitamin d deficiency... biological warfare, or nuclear testing on indigenous bat species. The jury is still out, but my bets are on the bats....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Look into turmeric.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Not as many papers as I was expecting, but neuroprotection is one of its well known properties.

I looked into it... Spokane and Seattle... the dispenseries there have never heard of it

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

hahahahahahaha

I was one of the authors. It was more in line with triggering growth in the lateral motor column than the myelination, but it was an enjoyable side affect.

Honestly, I am so sorry we couldn't do more.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

hahahahahahaha

I was one of the authors. It was more in line with triggering growth in the lateral motor column than the myelination, but it was an enjoyable side affect.

I would hold that against you, but, because of my palsy, it would just be a cheap massage ... lol

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Things could be far worse. Honestly.

Several Air Force SNCOs, guys I served with are gone. Dead. Cancer, suicide... statistically, many of us die within 5 years of retirement. That is the sad truth.

When I have a bad MS day... when I just feel like dying, because I feel so fracking horrible....

...my stupid cat jumps on my a$$, wakes me up and makes me shake it off....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Bahahahaha! I almost spit my water out! That was hysterical! Talk about laugh out loud! I did! OMG, you sure can write! Thanks for that link, I needed a good laugh!

I'm still laughing!

For anyone interested in a follow up... the Bandercat is now 5 years old. He is still my everyday buddy... this may seem off topic; no matter how bad my MS has ever been, that stupid little cat has been on my hip.

The bad days aren't so bad when spent curled up with a friend.

The bad days also get really funny when you can screw with your best friend, with 2 dollars worth of catnip

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

hahahahahahaha

You should have looked into the bats... LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

This is an incredible thread through and through. You still possess the soldier attitude and I love it. Anyone who thinks strength is physical you just demolished.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sorry to hear you have MS...

My brother also suffers from it, and it is really bad for him. He probably doesn't have very long, but he is not ready to go yet.

I'd like to share with you a thing that happened many years ago. My brother had trouble walking and going up stairs. One day, he told me he heard of a therapy involving having to be stung by bees. A few a weeks I think and gradually increasing to like 20 stings, over a year.

People who tried that had healed, he said. He contacted a honey producer to buy bees for that purpose. The man agreed. He went, got his first three shots, and a few days later, came to my house walking firmly the 2 and a half stories to my home. Without his canes, without holding the ramp, arms raised above his head. It was an incredible sight.

My brother, being overly confident and ambitious decided to go for 20 stings the next time... He told me he felt dizzy and was paralyzed for over 24 hours, sweating like hell. It scared him and he quit that avenue and went full force with pharms' meds. A few years later, doctors told him the meds he had received to strengthen him had caused irreversible damage to his muscles.

I have always wondered what would have happened had he followed the "prescribed" way to receive the bees' venom. Seeing how strong he became after only one treatment, I can't help but think he could have cured himself.

Of course, I am not advocating you quit your meds or try the bee therapy. The information is easy to find on the net if you are interested in reading about it, though.

I truly wish you the best.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This is an incredible thread through and through. You still possess the soldier attitude and I love it. Anyone who thinks strength is physical you just demolished.

I was never a soldier...

I was an Airman

I take your comment as the ultimate compliment...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I worked for a woman that had MS without the relapsing and her primary live in care giver was fanatic about having her eat right and i tried my very best to study a diet geared specifically for MS, in my own role as helper.
If i recall correctly, i remember reading what affects the Myelin Sheath is dairy for one and gluten might be another and certain proteins like red meat.
we would give our dear friend, fruit, wait twenty minutes, then something with protein/carbs and then a greens or a salad...(the french diet?)
The primary caregiver having been sick herself moved on and a new live in care giver came in and then i had to leave...but My friend declined after we left as her diet changed from what we so diligently focused on.
Sorry this is the best of my knowledge and i wish i could be more helpful.
May you feel healthy and well..in all aspects..in spirit and heart...take care!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
Sorry to hear you have MS...

My brother also suffers from it, and it is really bad for him. He probably doesn't have very long, but he is not ready to go yet.

I'd like to share with you a thing that happened many years ago. My brother had trouble walking and going up stairs. One day, he told me he heard of a therapy involving having to be stung by bees. A few a weeks I think and gradually increasing to like 20 stings, over a year.

People who tried that had healed, he said. He contacted a honey producer to buy bees for that purpose. The man agreed. He went, got his first three shots, and a few days later, came to my house walking firmly the 2 and a half stories to my home. Without his canes, without holding the ramp, arms raised above his head. It was an incredible sight.

My brother, being overly confident and ambitious decided to go for 20 stings the next time... He told me he felt dizzy and was paralyzed for over 24 hours, sweating like hell. It scared him and he quit that avenue and went full force with pharms' meds. A few years later, doctors told him the meds he had received to strengthen him had caused irreversible damage to his muscles.

I have always wondered what would have happened had he followed the "prescribed" way to receive the bees' venom. Seeing how strong he became after only one treatment, I can't help but think he could have cured himself.

Of course, I am not advocating you quit your meds or try the bee therapy. The information is easy to find on the net if you are interested in reading about it, though.

I truly wish you the best.

The more I research M.S., the more it baffles modern medicine.

I have read up on bee sting therapy... it looks promising, but I am allergic to formic acid (bees, wasps, ants all use formic acid in their venom) so... not really an option.

Beta-interferon therapy was far worse than anything I could imagine. Horrible.

I'd rather deal with the bees and ants, than the interferon.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

I worked for a woman that had MS without the relapsing and her primary live in care giver was fanatic about having her eat right and i tried my very best to study a diet geared specifically for MS, in my own role as helper.
If i recall correctly, i remember reading what affects the Myelin Sheath is dairy for one and gluten might be another and certain proteins like red meat.
we would give our dear friend, fruit, wait twenty minutes, then something with protein/carbs and then a greens or a salad...(the french diet?)
The primary caregiver having been sick herself moved on and a new live in care giver came in and then i had to leave...but My friend declined after we left as her diet changed from what we so diligently focused on.

While a bit dis-joimted and rambling, I do get the gist of your post... I think.

My diet is centered around my M.S.

I eat a lot of fresh greens, fresh proteins (in the form of farm fresh eggs--- MY farm fresh eggs.) Duck eggs are best, but the little rats are on strike for the winter....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

While a bit dis-joimted and rambling, I do get the gist of your post... I think.

My diet is centered around my M.S.

I eat a lot of fresh greens, fresh proteins (in the form of farm fresh eggs--- MY farm fresh eggs.) Duck eggs are best, but the little rats are on strike for the winter....

For the record, I actually have 13 ducks. The little bastages went on strike in mid December. Ducks don't lay in the winter. I can't wait until spring
Duck eggs, for some reason, are great for M.S. patients. Beyond that, ducks are a great alarm system, and totally entertaining. There is nothing funnier than a pair of ducklings doing laps in the tub, sadly, there is also nothing messier....

Mornings when I have had duck eggs for breakfast, my pain levels are greatly reduced, my eyes are clear ( a big deal with MS) my co-ordination is good, and I flat out function better. I have heard that they are heavy on B and D vitamins,... (for what I pay a week in non-gmo feed, they should wash and wax my cars as well... )
edit on 18-2-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

edit on 18-2-2017 by madmac5150 because: Ducks on strike!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Sorry, it's difficult for me to clearly explain the situation i was in...being paid to work for my friend with MS, while taking orders from her live in care-provider(also my friend)...that was also sick with her own health issues.
i'm glad your eating very healthy and wise!
Once the woman that had MS had her diet change from one healthy and similar to yours, to anything and everything is when her health went downhill and started getting fevers and barely speaking or recognizing folks.
We also had a vitamin regimen that stopped after the initial live in caregiver and myself left.
so, my main point is that, diet is essential and the only proof i have is seeing the rapid decline after the eating right, ect..stopped...oh and her exercise regimen stopped after I left as well...so getting the blood circulating is also crucial to good health, IMO.
sorry, don't mean to ramble, i am really trying to share my experience of working with a dear soul that had MS...a very strong type of it.
I'm guessing you know all this about diet and exercise already! so, really i wish you well and positivity!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Wow, i hope they start laying again for ya'! that's awesome their eggs make you feel better!
Vitamin's from a food source is the best! and your feeding them well, so yeah they should wash your car!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Sorry, it's difficult for me to clearly explain the situation i was in...being paid to work for my friend with MS, while taking orders from her live in care-provider(also my friend)...that was also sick with her own health issues.
i'm glad your eating very healthy and wise!
Once the woman that had MS had her diet change from one healthy and similar to yours, to anything and everything is when her health went downhill and started getting fevers and barely speaking or recognizing folks.
We also had a vitamin regimen that stopped after the initial live in caregiver and myself left.
so, my main point is that, diet is essential and the only proof i have is seeing the rapid decline after the eating right, ect..stopped...oh and her exercise regimen stopped after I left as well...so getting the blood circulating is also crucial to good health, IMO.
sorry, don't mean to ramble, i am really trying to share my experience of working with a dear soul that had MS...a very strong type of it.
I'm guessing you know all this about diet and exercise already! so, really i wish you well and positivity!

I apologize if I seemed to shed off your earlier post. It was not my intention. My bad...

It is the weirdest thing, with the duck eggs. They honestly help. I am not sure what is in them, but they help with my M.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join