It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM POLL - More Americans Trust Donald Trump than Trust the News Media.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
More Americans Trust Donald Trump than Trust the News Media.

Obviously a BS poll.
If it were true, it would illustrate the saying that "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!"
Translation;
It seems that the same fools who voted for him also believe his lies.

"yet a scientific Fox News"
Hahahahahahahahaha!
Pffft!

edit on 18-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh goody, a poll that favors trump, this one is real this time, well, unless its againts trump, those ones where and will be fake, the tv told me so.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

February 17, 2017

President Trump's Administration isn't even 30 days old, yet a scientific Fox News poll shows that More Americans Trust what comes out of his Administration, than what the Established News Media tells them. Amazing...and sad, how far and how fast they've fallen!

POLL: www.foxnews.com...

Note that this poll was taken BEFORE President Trump began painstakingly pointing out, 36 hours ago, just how FAKE and BIASED against his Administration and America, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and the New York Times is**.

**REF: www.abovetopsecret.com...

-CareWeMust

While I support our President as a matter of principle (he is the President after all), polls can be made to say what the pollsters want them to. My gut tells me that it's probably a pretty even split. If you believe the claims of voter fraud and claims that many of those protesting didn't vote, it could go against President Trump...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

originally posted by: Tompdx3
a reply to: carewemust

I thought this was an interesting poll too!

www.nbcnews.com...

We all love polls

That is from feb 6th. and it is just 1 poll. Trump has the worst approval rating for any US President in the first month in THE HISTORY OF POLLING.

Gallup 2/18 Trump 1 month approval rating lower than other presidents. He is at a 40% approval rating.

The Hill 2/17 Trump Approval rating at 39%

Gallup: Most Recent Weekly Average is 41%

Reuters: 37% strongly disapprove of performance

So, it is clear, his approval rating is very bad. Somehow, he is more trustworthy than the media though? The media that only reports what HE SAYS. That defies logic.

edit on 18-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Lost me at scientific Fox News Poll

Scientific and Fox News don't even belong in the same sentence. Hell, "Fox" and "News" shouldn't really be together.

And given that people who watch and believe Fox News on anything (which is part of the MSM, FYI) are also strongly supportive of the Chump, this "scientific poll" is more a look into the mental illness of your average Faux News viewer than anything else.

Trust Trump? That there says everything.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What planet are you on? Does the media portray Trump in a positive light or negative?

If his approval ratings are so low, and the medias lower, doesn't that tell you something?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The media really isn't trustworthy. They report spin on what he says. They editorialize the news. They suppose motivations.

CNN was publicly caught with their pants down, sure. But its a long and storied history of lying. All networks fake foreign correspondants and hurricane coverage.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: TheScale

Only if those 79% watched Fox News.

if you truelly believe that your just as blinded

If poll was conducted by Fox News, you would have to watch it to know about the poll. That is one reason the poll is biased, too. The O.P.'s article literally says it was a "Fox News Poll."

I had to check on this and I found out that there was recently a mainstream media vs. Trump survey that was conducted by the GOP and sent to those on a Trump e-mail list. If it is the same poll, this also shows bias. If it is a different poll, it shows a pattern of extreme bias in pro-Trump polls.
edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:06:28 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:07:33 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I read the survey written by the GOP, and it was horribly written. As a matter of fact, here is an article about it. You can check it out, too at the link below.

It's called the "Mainstream Media Accountability Survey," but this "survey" commits a variety of polling sins.

It contains:
— Leading questions ("Do you believe that the mainstream media does not do their due diligence fact-checking before publishing stories on the Trump administration?"),
— Incomplete poll results disguised as a question ("Were you aware that a poll was released revealing that a majority of Americans actually supported President Trump's temporary restriction executive order?"
— while that's true, some polls show that a majority oppose the travel ban), and
— Confusingly worded questions that also — surprise — slam the news media ("Do you believe that contrary to what the media says, raising taxes does not create jobs?").

Trump's Thursday Press Conference, Annotated POLITICS Trump's Thursday Press Conference, Annotated Not only that, but it was sent out to a self-selecting group (i.e., people on Trump email lists), ensuring a biased response.

NPR: The Trump Media Survey Is Phenomenally Biased.
edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:00:08 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Survey Link
edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:01:42 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

These kind of surveys don't deserve serious consideration.
edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:04:08 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:05:19 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

However, trust in the news media has been shown by other polls to be at an all-time low. This was written in April 2016.

Just 6 percent of people say they have a lot of confidence in the media, putting the news industry about equal to Congress and well below the public's view of other institutions. In this presidential campaign year, Democrats were more likely to trust the news media than Republicans or independents.

Poll: Vast Majority of Americans Don't Trust the News Media

FYI Fox News is MSM
edit on 18amSat, 18 Feb 2017 11:18:20 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yup lot's of fake news as of late..longer I guess..this is just as fake. I wouldn't wipe my ass with this poll.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Trump supporters trust polls now?

Look, you clearly haven't been paying attention. It's very simple: If a poll shows Trump winning in any way it's a scientific and accurate poll. Anything else is rigged. If the news reports something that reflects Trump in a positive light it's credible and 'real' news. Anything else is fake and the enemy of the American people. The fakenews meme is the new putting your hand over your ears and saying 'nahnahnahnahnah...'

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Even a 40/50 split would be amazing, considering how long the news media has been around.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
for all the people claiming its a biased fox news poll, please go read the actual article. while the title is clickbait they do provide data from polls that go the other direction aswell. again though u should have read the article first instead of reacting to a clickbait title.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Nice thread I find it funny that the MSN just doesn't get it.

Maybe they never will.

Just wanted to respond to your thread and give a shout for the bump on my thread. Thx Diisenchanted

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

a reply to: IAMTAT

Most Americans don't know FAKE news, but they sure as heck know that CNN, in particular, is so biased and obsessed against President Trump, that they're hurting America's image... since CNN is shown all over the world. That makes Cable News Network Anti-American, which in turn makes them TRAITORS of their home country.

lol...Counterfeit News Network is looking like a fish on the beach flopping around. They simply refuse to learn from their delusional mistakes.

You should have seen the looks on the faces of CNN's core anchor panel, right after Donald Trump finished yesterday. Jake Tapper's kept nervously picking up his CNN coffee cup every 30 seconds..taking little sips...and his hand was shaky.

I would love to see the video of them while watching President Trump. I bet they gave him "the bird", and the "up yours!" gesture many times! Do TV news stations keep a camera rolling, even when their brain-dead anchors are not on the air?

Does there happen to video of Tapper's nervousness and hand shaking? I'd LOVE to see it. And also how they address being called out so hard.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What I find interesting is that such comparisons could be made in a scientific poll. In my memory there hasn't been a president that acted on his campaign promises so quickly and with such vigor. I don't recall such an overwhelming victory of either party in a single election. It has kept me interested to say the least.

A man who isn't a politician, owes no party debts and claims to want do pretty much everything the Republicans have claimed to want to do.... And he disses the phony baloney corporate msm and speaks directly to the people. This is a new critter in my world.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
sad!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

They both simply repeat what other people tell them.

Everbody does.
Everything that eveyone says is repeating what other people tell them.
edit on 2017-02-18T22:40:48-06:002201718America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Americans are generally idiots, trusting this orange faced clown won’t change anything. Get a real life!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join