It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why IS the US military moving back into 'Stargate' a decade after it was abandoned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
An asset like the mountain will never be "decommissioned" it is far to useful a facility even if the emphasis
and focus of its roll changes over time. i would take it as a given that a short term storage and access
facility for data covering current concerns for the us military would be there and that access would be
highly controlled need to know code-word etc and certainly no where near a possible link to outside networks.

and as a side thought why is it that the emphasis is still about a possible threat from Russia
The soviet union is long gone i would be more concerned about china and some of our "friends" in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not to mention the possibility of some group of yahoos getting a hold of a nuke and detonating it at altitude--creating that lovely scenario of an EMP.

Cheyenne, I should think, would be virtually immune.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Dang, I though this was going to be about the real "project stargate", psychic spy's and such. Color me dissipointed.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
They are moving back in to fire up the Gate to transposrt to the ALpha site.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not to mention the possibility of some group of yahoos getting a hold of a nuke and detonating it at altitude--creating that lovely scenario of an EMP.

Cheyenne, I should think, would be virtually immune.

That is the most likely attack plan for an adversary like North Korea or Iran, and potentially even Russia or China, because it literally offers the most bang for the buck.

A single ICBM from North Korea, for example, could black out the entire U.S. west coast, and a missile set to deliver an EMP burst at high altitude is much harder to intercept in its terminal phase than a burst near the surface. A calculated spread of such bursts could paralyze the entire country, again with a relatively small number of missiles.

That is no doubt a factor in U.S. defense planning, and reflected in such initiatives as EMP hardening and forward positioning of missile interceptors in Europe, Asia and at sea.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I, too saw the emphasis in the OP about what they perceive as an EMP threat... Like 3 references to electro-magnetic defense. Perhaps a facet of NORAD's upgrades is counter actions to an EMP situation.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Tagging to follow ...Lots of data in the past week making dots fall like dominoes .The latest newsbud vid gives a much larger background of the external nature of the situation .imo go team

same

Question -
Why would they use NORAD when its not a sole US military installation? It is a joint base with joint command between the US and Canada.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Militarily wise, unless it's changed a lot over the past few years, Canada and the US have always worked together closely over matters like this. This is just another facet of that, I should think.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You do realize it 2as never abandoned don't you?? It's been in constant use all that happens I'd they move new units there from time to time.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Exactly my thought process on it. That seems a much more likely (god forbid) scenario, or the terror network somehow managing to get a hold of one (which is a damned scary thought...) and detonating at altitude.

Obviously, a nation state launching multiples is worse, but IMHO, much less likely than, as an example: Daesh getting a hold of an old nuke.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
You do realize it 2as never abandoned don't you?? It's been in constant use all that happens I'd they move new units there from time to time.

Sort of, it was reported as decommissioned when it wasn't, agreed. Instead of stripping it and repurposing what they could they dumped millions into it. Most likely more than reported.

So what's really Rock'n & Roll'n there presently?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
...Daesh getting a hold of an old nuke.

Old nukes are generally heavy inert objects.

If you had a nuke over about a year old, your best use would be to disassemble it and get out the plutonium bits, and use them as a chemical poison.

One reason is that most sane nations build in a pretty decent PAL-ish sort of safety system. After you fail to initiate the weapon properly enough times, it'll assume you're an impostor and, in general, they destroy the electronics so that you will never set that puppy off again. Some of them do physical damage as well when they safe.

Daesh is at the technical level of washing machine timers and cell phones for detonators, I'm not that worried that they'll manage to redesign an electronics package that can set the weapon off with a decent yield. Not that it can't be done, but it's not easy and you'll only get one shot at it.

Another reason is that a number of the useful bits in the weapon have "use by" dates on them. If you let that thing sit there, the boost system and initiator will poison themselves, and then you will get a fizzle or a dud when you set it off. There are crews of people who go around pulling maintenance on weapons. The unused initiators and boost cartridges go back to Savannah River for rebuilding.

There is constant research into weapon designs that are both efficient and require no maintenance at all, and it's a tough row to hoe to get there.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I bow to your greater knowledge of these things.

That's actually very reassuring!!
One of those instances where I like being wrong.

So the nation state doing something like this is actually the greater threat. Good news...sorta. Maybe. A tiny bit...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The shadow government is trying now to destroy Trump's presidency, probably with help from the EU, by misleading the military and the president into a possible military invasion in Syria's Manbij, under the pretext of anti-terrorist operation.
This will lead to the nuking of US forces, with the consequent catastrophic effect on Trump's presidency.
Much more serious than muslim bans, and other smaller things.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was literally just looking up some related government solicitations, mainly Air Force units.

• Here are just two of the new solicitations regarding the Cheyenne Mountain Complex and NORAD from this year.

Ruggedized Laptops
Solicitation Number: FA2517-17-Q-6022
Agency: Department of the Air Force
Office: Air Force Space Command
Added: Mar 21, 2017 11:18 am

...Please provide a Firm Fixed Price quote. Delivery shall be made no later than 30 days after contract award. FOB Destination shipped to:

Harris Corporation C/O NORAD NORTHCOM J6/Donald Hopper 8955A Drennan Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80925

www.fbo.gov...

ITW/AA Systems Engineering & Integration
Solicitation Number:
Agency: Department of the Air Force
Office: Air Force Materiel Command

Synopsis:
Added: Mar 03, 2017 3:17 pm
See the attached Synopsis of Contract Award and Justification and Approval (J&A) for the NORAD Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (ITW/AA) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Contract.

www.fbo.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join