It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you be OK with Trump being the only source of news in America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just want want real news without spin, biased opinion! I don't want just one point of view, just the 'real facts' and let me independently determine my own opinion! Is that too hard? I am supporting Trump since I voted for him, but I reached that decision by wading through a lot of bs news and actually, watching his rallies and debates unscripted.

Does Trump embellish his rhetorhic, of course! It is a natural bias we all exhibit. Unfortunately, MSM doesn't have faith in Amercans to recognize those embellishments and they want to spin their opinions more than necessary. Basically, insulting me, calling me an idiot! That is a turn off. Just share with me what he or others ate saying and doing and then, let me connect the dots.

True, many may disagree. We are not all alike, but when reporting the news stick to the 'real' facts. We are all biased on our own, we don't need anymore influence.

Basically, I don't want to hear a Trump bias nor a MSM bias. I just want to hear the real facts! With news running 24/7, there is no real reason to cut and edit, to share 'their' opinion!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: underwerks

I don't even know what to say to that actually. I hope it's some bad joke or new meme just to trigger the triggerable. Because if they are serious at all with that, it should frighten and anger every American.

If they're not American then it may be viewed different. But to anyone who enjoys anything to do with Liberty or Freedom or a Balanced Accountable Government should be paying attention to this if these people are serious.

It may be a joke group, I'm not sure, but several of my friends are members and take it seriously lol.

Seriously. That's what I see up and down my timeline day in and day out.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Brill! S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Oh I have no doubt that some of his supports would indeed follow him into a dictatorship cheering the whole way. Maybe you wouldn't. Maybe some of his other supporters wouldn't either. But there are some of them out there who I have no doubt that would.

There are well known figure heads who talk about him and call him a Savior sent by God. They say that literally. These aren't just random people off the street either. These people have television shows, huge organizations, followers and members of the public who listen to them and follow their advice even.

If they are willing to go that far in their devotion, there is no doubt at all that there are loads of everyday average people thinking and believing the very same thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well, I said I was going to refrain from participating in political bait threads so...

Have a good day, sir. Be well

edit on 17-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I would not be ok with Trump being the only source of news in this country because that would mean the 1st Amendment has been tossed in the trash heap. Completely understand what you are trying to do with this thread, OP, but I'd like to bring a bit of seriousness to this topic by saying the recent "fake news" flap has put us one step closer to that reality.

Trump has called for opening-up libel laws and many of his supporters are openly calling for media outlets like CNN to be shut down, all because they got caught in their own "fake news" trap.

CNN is not fake news. Anything you disagree with is not fake news and don't take the lazy way out by automatically labeling something "fake" because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Edit: I'm using 'you' in a general sense, not personally to you.

edit on 17-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Ohhhh I swear, when I hear stuff like that, I feel like I've somehow skipped into some other reality. A very Dark one filled with what was once filled with basically reasonable people into one of ignorance.

It's like what I imagine it would have been like to live in the days of witch burnings or something. Where you could accuse someone of some quackery BS or make up some completely ridiculous claim and there would be loads of idiots rallying behind it and believing crazy sh*t with full confidence that it's true.

That's a scary world. Because you can't reason with people like that. There is no rational way out or path to truth when people abandon basic reason. You are then living in very chaotic times where superstition rules.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You got it all assbackwards !!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'd like to respond to the title of this thread in more detail, but there's no need, as the answer is simple. Obviously, no one in his/her right mind would want ONE source for news in America. No matter who/what that source is.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If anyone would agree with that, than they really want to be governed under a communist government. Where all news is controlled by the government. These same Trump supporters who are following Trump's lead by attacking a free press, are the same supporters who claim progressives are communists. Controlling the press sure isn't democracy. I would hate to think what our country would be like if we didn't have alternative sources for news. Hmmm...it would probably feel like living under a North Korea dictatorship! Trump also doesn't think SNL is funny. Should he have the right to cancel the show because he's offended by the political comedy? It's dangerous to give any leader too much power and not have the ability to scrutinize their political decisions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I would not be ok with Trump being the only source of news in this country because that would mean the 1st Amendment has been tossed in the trash heap. Completely understand what you are trying to do with this thread, OP, but I'd like to bring a bit of seriousness to this topic by saying the recent "fake news" flap has put us one step closer to that reality.

Trump has called for opening-up libel laws and many of his supporters are openly calling for media outlets like CNN to be shut down, all because they got caught in their own "fake news" trap.

CNN is not fake news. Anything you disagree with is not fake news and don't take the lazy way out by automatically labeling something "fake" because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Seriously? I mean...I agree, but honestly, this 'fake...alt news' cry started with the democrats. Especially, more so during this last election! Now, everything is divided and truthfully, we all need a reset and find a center to agree upon.

It is not fake news because it doesn't fit individuals agendas...it is fake because baises are so apparent through evidence. This is occurring on both sides of the paradigm established, partisianly.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Media IS infiltrated and biased. Are you denying this? -I want to hear it from your mouth.

Fair reporting only equals Hitler news is absolutely the dumbest argument I have ever heard.

Sounds like you need to give the bizong a little break there Paco.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I agree, it is a serious thing. I figured sometimes the slow dawning of sarcasm can hold more revelation than a page of weighty words.

I just hope people realize what they are working towards when they support Trumps view of the media. Love them or hate them, they are needed. If for no other reason than what the alternative means.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Would you be OK with Trump being the only source of news in America?

It wouldn't much matter, I already do not believe any of it!
Least of all Trump and his Liars Club!!
The media is vastly more honest and ethical than Trump, anyway!
Despite his pathetic whining and blustering like a three year old!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If anyone would agree with that, than they really want to be governed under a communist government. Where all news is controlled by the government. These same Trump supporters who are following Trump's lead by attacking a free press, are the same supporters who claim progressives are communists. Controlling the press sure isn't democracy. I would hate to think what our country would be like if we didn't have alternative sources for news. Hmmm...it would probably feel like living under a North Korea dictatorship! Trump also doesn't think SNL is funny. Should he have the right to cancel the show because he's offended by the political comedy? It's dangerous to give any leader too much power and not have the ability to scrutinize their political decisions.

Democracy is majority (mob) rule. I am actually thankful that we are a republic. Our forefathers realized that mob rule is too emotional and destructive to allow minorities the individual freedoms and liberties to enjoy life. Our government was established to ensure that all Americans can pursue their dreams even if the majority disagreed. We all should be thankful that throughout the history of the USA that majority rule was not the law! Really think about history and where we really would be right now if the democratic majority of the different times ruled. If you are honest, you will realize, life for many would suck!

We all would be forced into one religion, slavery would still be viable, town executions would still be occurring based on majority rulings. There would be no innocent until proven guilty! Seriously, majority ruled democracy would be hell!

Edit add: Basically, all Americans today, enjoy certain freedoms because we are a republic, not a full democracy. A republic allows all to have a voice. Democracy nullifies your voice unless you are a majority. It may seem beneficial on some matters that you and a majority agree with...but guarantee you that individual freedoms will never always be a majority agreement and it will eventually turn on you. I am going to bed. Hopefully, my rant here, actually makes sense to someone.
edit on 2 17 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Every time I listen to Trump speak (which is not often because he lies so much it is hard to watch) I have to independently verify what he says by doing my own research. He lies a lot, I would not recommend trusting everything he says. However, the media does like to report on every little thing he does wrong it seems like.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I will second this, there is a difference between what the right is calling "fake news" (stuff with different opinions than them) and what the left calls "fake news" (news stories that were factually false). This Russia conspiracy is the closest the left has come to "fake news" and honestly I can't wait to see what the Republicans say when liberals actually buy into a real fake news story. Will they suddenly be supportive of shutting down those stories even though they were 100% behind PizzaGate and other verified fake news stories.
edit on 17pmFri, 17 Feb 2017 20:40:44 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Proper term is "Bassackwards"

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: xuenchen

Proper term is "Bassackwards"

You got me again.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No, I dont want the only source to come from Trump. I think what most people want is honest reporting with proof of their claims. (And not manufactured proof either... like the dossier..which came from 4chan...)
People are sick of the the false narrative, but we don't want Trump monopolizing the Media either. Honestly? It's time for something new, and it's already here.

The Mainstream media has committed suicide, and even more now after they demonized pewdiepie for a joke that he made... pewdiepie... a guy with 53 million + subscribers. Wanna know what he did? He put a nail in their coffin.

That is simply one example on the massive backlash they have already received. But my point is, we should find alternatives and not just give power to one entity but a big group of entities who are actually doing their job.

Trump even said earlier today the press is the enemy of the American people.

Correction, he signaled out those who were demonizing him without cause. But he did mention a few underated ones as good. (which already exist.)

Here is the full press conference.
Donald Trump press briefing lasts more than an hour

PS: I dont like pewdiepie, i think he is a joke, but what mainstream did to him was unfair. It is no different than what they are doing to Trump and those who support him. (And pewdiepie is not even a Trump supporter. but they went after him anyways for a Joke he made.) This alone should tell you that the media is going after anyone who disagrees with them. It could be you or me tomorrow under mainstreams gaze. And that is what has most people on the fence.

edit on th2017000000Fridayth000000Fri, 17 Feb 2017 21:35:51 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 17 Feb 2017 21:35:51 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join