It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you be OK with Trump being the only source of news in America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
From several conversations I've had over the past two days it seems most Trump supporters take the word of Donald Trump as gospel, and any attempts to point out any obvious lies or faults with what he says just means you are a brainwashed, brain dead idiot, who can't think for themselves.

So, let's say you're right. Since the media does nothing but lie about everything Trump does and says, and Trump has never lied or is wrong, why not get rid of the entire media and just rely on what Trump says as our only source of news? How would we go about this? What should we do to make this happen?

How about some new regulations where news stories about Trump have to be approved by him before they are disseminated? Or we could open up libel laws so we could sue out of existence anyone who prints anything negative about Trump? Maybe both?

Would you support this? Trump even said earlier today the press is the enemy of the American people. If he's telling the truth, shouldn't we get rid of an enemy of the American people? Instead of continue letting it undermine an honest man who only wants the best for our country? What do you think?

I can't help but keep a critical mind and question everything I hear, so I acknowledge I'm probably a brainwashed non-thinking idiot who just can't see what Trump supporters do. I've made peace with that, but everyone deserves a chance to change.

So, help me change. Help me learn to support Trump. If all these media outlets do is lie about everything, what better place to start than here?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
But all the major news sources are fake news. He would have to cut down himself then.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I will settle for nothing less than Big Brother Trump sanctioning my Two Minutes of Hate and feeding me my Newspeak.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I will settle for nothing less than Big Brother Trump sanctioning my Two Minutes of Hate and feeding me my Newspeak.

That may actually work. Daily "Trump briefings" televised on a government provided screen in every house. One can dream.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Do I need the media to translate what Trump is saying?

The answer is no. I'm not a ####ing retard.

If he lies, then he lies. I'm more concerned with his actions, the laws and EO's he signs than what he says.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So, help me change.

Nah, I prefer that you remain in the DNA pool you currently reside in...

#stoopidthread

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Why shouldn't we do that?? Because we aren't North Korea.

Because that is what you're talking about.

A country where everyone is told it's leader is born of God or is some type of God and beyond Human and Perfect.

I'm honestly just waiting for a report to come out sooner or later claiming Trump doesn't ever Pee or Poo. Seriously, it's just a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If he lies, then he lies. I'm more concerned with his actions, the laws and EO's he signs than what he says.

Hey, I don't know the answer. Critical thinking brainwashed elitist here. I'm just asking for help from Trump supporters so I can learn not to question him.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nope I just want news coverage, not leftist globalist propaganda. Should be simple enough, unfortunately it isn't.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why shouldn't we do that?? Because we aren't North Korea.

Because that is what you're talking about.

A country where everyone is told it's leader is born of God or is some type of God and beyond Human and Perfect.

I'm honestly just waiting for a report to come out sooner or later claiming Trump doesn't ever Pee or Poo. Seriously, it's just a matter of time.

Everyone on social media is referring to him as God Emperor...

Is that not right?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Hey, I don't know the answer. Critical thinking brainwashed elitist here. I'm just asking for help from Trump supporters so I can learn not to question him.

Awww. Sad reply.

Which media outlet(s) gives you your opinions?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Is that not right?

I don't use social media so I don't know.

I know many Religious figures and talking heads have referenced him in a similar manner though. Which is just insane and ironically somewhat prophetic as well.

Are people on Social Media really calling him God Emperor????

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Awww. Sad reply.

Which media outlet(s) gives you your opinions?

Lately only Fox news, Breitbart, Town hall, and Red State. I'm trying to see what they see, but I'm having trouble.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Is that not right?

I don't use social media so I don't know.

I know many Religious figures and talking heads have referenced him in a similar manner though. Which is just insane and ironically somewhat prophetic as well.

Are people on Social Media really calling him God Emperor????

It's all over my twitter.

ETA: Here's a link to the God Emperor Trump Facebook group: m.facebook.com...
edit on 17-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If you have to rely on the media to tell you what and how to think, then . . . . uh. . . not sure what else to say.

Have a nice day, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If you have to rely on the media to tell you what and how to think, then . . . . uh. . . not sure what else to say.

Hey, I'm just trying to support our President by learning not to question what he says.

Nice day to you too.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Hey, I'm just trying to support our President by learning not to question what he says.

Nice day to you too.

Ahh, sarcasm.

Touche'.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I don't even know what to say to that actually. I hope it's some bad joke or new meme just to trigger the triggerable. Because if they are serious at all with that, it should frighten and anger every American.

If they're not American then it may be viewed different. But to anyone who enjoys anything to do with Liberty or Freedom or a Balanced Accountable Government should be paying attention to this if these people are serious.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is this actually a thread?
Or just an opportunity to sling mud at one another over asinine subjects?

You are either being facetious our have drank the identity politics Kool-aid so much you actually believe Trump supporters would follow him like people followed a not to be named fascist dictator...

I swear it never ends with you all. If you are not openly comparing things you don't like or understand to Hitler you are trying to make the comparison through other means. Do you do it intentionally? Or have you become so indoctrinated you don't actually see you're part of the problem?
edit on 17-2-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Nice day to you too.

Ahh, sarcasm.

Touche'.

There ya go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join