It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Declares CNN, NYT, CBS, ABC And NBC Are "The Enemy of The American People"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I find it amazing that some people here dont realise how stupid and dangerous a statement this was by a US President.

But then, he's playing to sycophants.

Lol, is "sycophants" a new leftist liberal buzzword to describe Trump supporters now? You aren't the first person to say this, and probably not the last.

I guess it's kinda akin to "sheeple". But you better watch out Nef, buzzwords are usually created by biased MSM pundits, then they circulate within social media to create "Buzz". I'm certainly one who has unknowingly used them before.

Stop being a mindless sheep to the MSM gods NEF!
edit on 17-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Are FOX and Rush part of the MSM or are they the purveyors of truth?

They're a non-left wing/DNC approved point of view.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just an FYI in case anyone's interested...

It's illegal for Trump to delete a tweet with the POTUS account. The Presidential Records Act makes it illegal.

So, for future reference if you hear about him tweeting and then deleting it, he's breaking the law.

See, you learned something new today!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: roadgravel
Are FOX and Rush part of the MSM or are they the purveyors of truth?

They're a non-left wing/DNC approved point of view.

So....anything that doesn't affirm your worldview/reality is part of a conspiracy? God, that must be a freeing feeling! To just label and dismiss anything inconvenient as part of a larger conspiracy...It certainly would make going about my daily routine easier.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Anyone have a complete list of affilliates of these MSM entities...so one may CUT DEEP when REJECTING THEM ALL.

This is PERFECT......now we know who the enemy is.

I just watched a Global News cast so TPTB sided and anti-Trump that I gave the show and station up completely.

I will continue to completely EMBARGO these MSM entities and will REFUSE TO SUPPORT ANY AFFILLIATES CONNECTED TO THE MOVIE AND MUSIC INDUSTRIES......more lists of these industries please if anyone has acess to such.

Just don't watch them. That's the beauty of it now. We don't have to watch abc, cbs, nbc, msnbc, and cnn. You don't have to watch movies with the same ol' propagandist puppet actors. You have more choices now than ever before and the mainstream media still doesn't realize it. You can get your news from left, right, center, up, down, and sideways. Make your own judgements. Trump is just the tip of the iceberg and it's only going to get bigger. You don't have to like his policy, but you have to admire the way he calls out the MSM for their blatant bias. Its been coming for a long time. No nation should have to sit through hours of propaganda every night from every channel they tune to on TV. TV shows, movies, and news media all pushing an agenda. The same agenda. I can't wait to see the wicked laid bare. It's going to be a sight to see in the coming months.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: neformore
I find it amazing that some people here dont realise how stupid and dangerous a statement this was by a US President.

But then, he's playing to sycophants.

I find it amazing that when Hillary Clinton said that fake news was a threat to America and the dinosaur media didn't care, then Trump says it and they lose their mind.

Oh yeah, they don't want the spotlight shined on them, that's right...

Hillary Clinton was talking about the Breitbarts of the world. She promised to shut Breitbart down, after being elected. There's a thread about that here on ATS. My how life has kicked her in the azz, eh?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Diisenchanted

He is stepping up his dictator game I see. Thanks for letting us know.

LOL Breitbart.

Trump knows no bounds in the fascism arena. Again, thanks for the alert that he is hitting even harder at the press.

If Trump was Fascist, he would sponsor protests and bomb news offices and burn books.

He's triggering the triggerables.

No, brainwashed sore losers along with paid agents provocateurs funded by a foreign agent are smashing up offices and stores.

The fascists are the ones in the White House currently.

But honestly, why would anyone fall for either of these sides?

P.S. As a side note, I find it strange none of these protests against Trump ever end up damaging any Trump properties.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sandcastler

Yeah, sure. But most if not all won't.

How many people bitch, piss, and moan about "liberal Hollywood" and still go see the movies?

Everyone knows no one is getting rid of their damn Netflix or cable TV.

And what you are proposing is the direct cause, and only furthers the problem. Sure, go and tailor your media and news experiences only to fit your beliefs.

Imagine a Muslim only willing to watch news from sources approved by his Imam/religious leader. Wouldn't we consider that person to be pretty sheltered and have a dim world view? Wouldn't we expect that person not to have a clue about what's really going on in the world?

It's the same when you choose to exist in an echo chamber that never challenges your beliefs or makes you think. It's easier I guess, as you never have to question why you believe what you believe. I guess it's easier because it makes the world black and white. It makes it easier to just mindlessly go about your day, never second guessing that maybe what you've believed might be wrong.

If you want to exist with your head in the sand -- go ahead, but you loose the right to call anyone else "brainwashed" if you do that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

If Democrats, liberals, or George Soros are paying protesters, they're creating more jobs than Trump.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wish President Trump would officially get behind this...

THE OFFICIAL ECONOMIC BOYCOTT OF CNN ADVERTISERS.
www.naturalnews.com...

I go one step further and send brief e-mails to the product's HQ, stating that I will not buy their product(s) until after they quit advertising on CNN. That's a very important step... and worth the few minutes to look up the e-mail address at the product website. (Usually right at the very bottom)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords yeah i used to like shows like face the nation and meet the press but last summer it was trump this trump that and thank god for hillary thats when i woke up and realized the media was bought and paid for.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
So, for future reference if you hear about him tweeting and then deleting it, he's breaking the law.

This has already been explained here on ATS and elsewhere... It's not actually deleted, Twitter maintains a copy. It's not illegal.

I thought you were even a part of that thread...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: AboveBoard
The jailing, burning of books, mass rallies of adoring supporters and mysterious "accidents" befalling said journalists and opposition leaders comes
Next...

Give it time!

We've already had all that coming from the left. And you know this. But keep supporting those whom are ultimately working to get an oppressive counter movement going (these leftists who need an actual real world enemy in order to sustain their own existence)... and all that blood will be on your hands too. This isn't a game.

You are right. This isn't a game. Trump is checking off the boxes on the helpful guide in "Authoritarian Leadership for Dummies."

But hey, as long as us horrible liberal folks aren't in charge it's all good, right?

PS: War? With whom? Sorry. No thanks. *offers a flower*. I'd rather not.

I'm on my phone so apologies for not embedding.

A message from the Beatles

Darn Hippies!!

Fixed it...

edit on 17-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This never gets old..

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: Kettu

This has already been explained here on ATS and elsewhere... It's not actually deleted, Twitter maintains a copy. It's not illegal.

I thought you were even a part of that thread...

It doesn't matter if twitter does, the 1978 law states that the POTUS must maintain records. So far, from what I have been able to find, the White House hasn't responded to questions about keeping its own logs of any/all tweets made with the official POTUS twitter account.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I gave up cable as a young adult. The societal pressures to come back to cable we're huge. I felt out of the loop at times, isolated, and sometimes made fun of. Only now, over a decade later am I seeing large numbers of friends and family do the same.

I'd consider myself a news junkie though. Fairly balanced in my views and opinions. Not taking someone's word because someone else told me I should. I don't trust Trump necessarily, but I trust my gut. Recent developments in my personal life tell me to listen to my gut always. And on a global scale, my gut tells me huge things are happening. What part Trump is to play is yet to be seen, but some of the other players have shown their hands, whether they wanted to or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One of the key things an authoritarian does when in power is make anyone who opposes them an enemy of the nation/state instead of them.

Lenin didn't call people who opposed him "anti-Lenninists" ... Nope, he called them "anti-Soviets".

So now the leader of the largest industrial democracy of the free world is calling the press anti-American.

I wonder how much longer it will be before any critic of Trumps, even private citizens are deemed "anti-American"?

Lo the day when people begin saying, "It's not anti-American to be against Trump!"

Don't say you weren't warned. People have been saying it since before the election, the damn man had Mien Kampf on his beside nightstand. Does anyone really think he kept it there to help prevent a new Hitler from rising to power?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So, who's filed charges against the president for breaking the law?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I don't know, that seems like a good Google research project. You're more than welcome to go and see what you can find for us all! I'm sure others besides myself might be interested in what you find!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

And can you honestly say that pre-election and post that Trump supporters haven't been labeled as anti-American? By the media establishment no less?

And if I'm hearing you correctly, we should be judging people by the books they keep in their library?

edit on 17-2-2017 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join