It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Declares CNN, NYT, CBS, ABC And NBC Are "The Enemy of The American People"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
The problem is when you can no longer trust the media who can you trust?

When there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the Earth. I actually think a better question is who the establishment will turn to to protect and carry the mantle of their narrative as Americans begin to realize the media is a propaganda machine for the globalist pimps. My vote goes to Facebook as the next great globalist brainwashing outlet, though keep your eyes on the entertainment industry, too. Next year I'm sure we will see plenty of movies portraying the globalist agenda as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Anyone have a complete list of affilliates of these MSM entities...so one may CUT DEEP when REJECTING THEM ALL.

This is PERFECT......now we know who the enemy is.

I just watched a Global News cast so TPTB sided and anti-Trump that I gave the show and station up completely.

I will continue to completely EMBARGO these MSM entities and will REFUSE TO SUPPORT ANY AFFILLIATES CONNECTED TO THE MOVIE AND MUSIC INDUSTRIES......more lists of these industries please if anyone has acess to such.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

then going on vacation every weekend.

Fake News.

Mar-a-Lago is the Winter Whitehouse. Donald Trump works 18+ hrs. per day during the week in D.C. When he goes to the FL WH, he usually has meetings and other WH business he attends to. There is a SCIF at Mar-a-lago to take care of sensitive conversations. Do you resent him having a little family time, too? Typical.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Trump is the most immature and unpresidential President in our history- what an idiot.

He should try to do something useful instead of whining and attacking the media all week and then going on vacation every weekend.

Does that make him "Unprecedented" or "Unpresidented" ?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
What are Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Laura Ingraham, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Neil Cavuto, Tucker Carlson, Pirro, Krauthammer, Michelle Malkin, Peggy Noonan, Bill O'Reilly, Paul Gigot, George Will, Nick Gillespie, Glenn Reynolds, Mark Levin, David Brooks, etc?

Fox, NewsMax, WSJ, NY Post, National Review, Washington Times, Washington Examiner, Daily Caller, Breitbart, WND, IJR, TownHall, Weekly Standard, PJ Media, ZeroHedge, CNS News, Western Journalism, American Thinker, American Spectator, The New American, Red State, Front Page, LifeZette etc?

Okay, so maybe they're not all MSM.

My general rule of thumb, if a source/reporter won't acknowledge American Imperialism then they're either deluded, or they're 'fake news'. I begin there with that point. I have other metrics. But that one for me has always been the dead giveaway.

MSM style partisan hackery generally annoys me my entire adult life, and even more so now. But what I figured out long ago was that generally you can get a pretty decent reality of what one side is by listening to the other. But that all usually spectacularly falls apart with their own self-assessments. EDIT: Although this model grew more finicky when the Dem's brought their entirely hypocritical race baiting / race card style Identity Politics into the mix (yet another reason I loathe all that kind of noise).

Now when you get the partisan hacks from "both sides" (whom serve the agenda of the Ruling Establishment that 'owns' them), that's the guy I gravitate towards.
edit on 17-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I didn't include Coulter because she's a polemicist and not somebody trying to deliver "news." I am curious about this:

because Coulter is an independent thinker and she nails it most of the time, and doesn't give two spits whether you like the way she says it or not.

What's that got to do with anything though? Hey, I'm glad you appreciate her (perceived) insight and share her opinions I guess? I could care a less what Ann Coulter says or how she says it. I'm not the emo lump of triggered spray tanned asshole "so-called" President pissing all over freedom of the press on Twitter.

I think Ann Coulter has horrible opinions and I believe her to be wrong about most thigns but I would never try to silence her or call her "the enemy of the American people."

I wonder if she dares to say something that upsets Trump and he goes after her, what will you think of Ann Coulter then?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

With the exception of Tucker Carlson, you just threw up a list of commentators and pundits, not agenda driven wolves disguised as "news casters." There is a definite dichotomy between, say Wolf Blitzer presenting what CNN calls "news" and Keith Olbermann presenting something clearly identified as "60 minutes of Olbermann flapping his gums and trying to entertain or piss off everyone watching him bloviate." Nobody should depend on Hannity or Limbaugh for news or unbiased analysis based solely on the real facts... everybody should be able to depend on Walter Kronkite presenting the nightly NEWS. That dependability is gone, however, replaced by a propaganda filled, agenda driven narrative masquerading as "the facts."

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A political arm of the Democrat Party, the MSM, has been taken on and defeated, great days for America.

The Press that is in the Constitution is the Free Press, impartial, that does not describe CNN etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Of course you should always question "the news". Is that really a new idea for you??? Did it really take Trump saying something for you to start questioning Media Reports???

Im pretty sure my posting history validates that i do not trust the news outlets and have not for some time.

My comment was meant to be directed at those who take the media at their word, and lets face there are many .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ahh, but "everyone" is an abstract idea really. New populations of people are literally born every day, and the old ways of keeping the populace in line need to be updated/changed over the years.

So no, not everyone knew, or knows, or would believe you if you gave them evidence. See this thread as my source.

It's almost 2020! An entire generation post-911 are now adults, in a completely new world than in the 1990s.

I'm sort of rambling, I don't know why I get into these threads late. But cmon! If that's your argument, what are we debating here??

Edit: my main point, I guess, is that you say Trumps not the first. I'd argue that for the youngest generation of adults, he is, the largest celebrity (President of the United States!!!) calling the news media out.
edit on 17-2-2017 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Trump is the most immature and unpresidential President in our history- what an idiot.

He should try to do something useful instead of whining and attacking the media all week and then going on vacation every weekend.

I give this to you, CB328. You have the same brass bawls as President Trump. He doesn't fear going into the lion's den either.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I find it amazing that some people here dont realise how stupid and dangerous a statement this was by a US President.

But then, he's playing to sycophants.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worlds_away

You know maybe you're right. I'm an old f*ck in my 4th decade of life. I don't know what young people actually think or believe the world to be or who or why they trust one source over another.

Maybe I shouldn't assume that people know not to just trust what is being said around them. I mean it took me a while to figure out just how full of crap the entire world is too and not to trust it. So maybe I'm giving the youth more credit than I should. I forget how much propaganda and BS is out there and how many ways we're all being told to believe it's true there are reinforcing that information.

It reminds me of a phrase I heard that I've always remembered. "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." It's maybe not exactly accurate in it's calculations but it is certainly accurate in it's overall meaning and advice.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
The problem is when you can no longer trust the media who can you trust?

When there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the Earth. I actually think a better question is who the establishment will turn to to protect and carry the mantle of their narrative as Americans begin to realize the media is a propaganda machine for the globalist pimps. My vote goes to Facebook as the next great globalist brainwashing outlet, though keep your eyes on the entertainment industry, too. Next year I'm sure we will see plenty of movies portraying the globalist agenda as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It looks like the dead are already walking the earth. Mindless drones constantly looking at their Smartphones and tweeting like crazy how much they hate Trump and why nobody is thinking about the poor refugees. Meanwhile Pakistan had to endure 4 terror attacks in the last few days but do these people care about that? Of course not. They type #Pray4randomcountry and just go back to watching reality tv like The Bachelor,Big Brother and such crap. The truth that nobody wants to admit is that the people who have enough of this are vastly outnumbered by people who don't even care. Facebook and Twitter has already so many people assimilated that most of the users already lost their ability to think for themselves. Just follow the masses and everything will be fine. The MSM need a cleansing or a reboot or whatever but something has to change.

I'm 34 and i've lost all hope for this generation. It's very frustrating because i care. Your gender,age,sex,religion or sexual orientation means nothing to me because it's not relevant. All i see are humans that are too fraking stubborn to unite as a spezies. The possibilities of all nations working together are endless but sadly that's not how the real world works.

I feel like i swallowed the red pill and woke up outside of the matrix but without the cool superpowers and now i'm stuck between multiple factions hell bent on destroying eachother.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That face when you notice propagandists defending propaganda.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I find it amazing that some people here dont realise how stupid and dangerous a statement this was by a US President.

But then, he's playing to sycophants.

I find it amazing that when Hillary Clinton said that fake news was a threat to America and the dinosaur media didn't care, then Trump says it and they lose their mind.

Oh yeah, they don't want the spotlight shined on them, that's right...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nobody should depend on Hannity or Limbaugh for news or unbiased analysis based solely on the real facts... everybody should be able to depend on Walter Kronkite presenting the nightly NEWS. That dependability is gone, however, replaced by a propaganda filled, agenda driven narrative masquerading as "the facts."

Essentially what you're arguing is that all right-wing media isn't journalism and that non right-wing media is or should be journalism and should therefore be impartial.

Fox = overt bias including outright campaigning is okay because they're not journalists
CNN = any bias at all is "propaganda filled, agenda driven narrative"

That's how you can justify Fox being obviously the most biased, agenda driven, propaganda filled crap and still pretend that CNN is somehow worse. But you know as well as I do that between CNN and Fox, you'll get more facts and less bias out of CNN.

What lies about Trump have been told by... oh I dunno, Wolf Blitzer? Jake Tapper? Anderson Cooper?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is so #ing dangerous. My Gawd! Will one of his Russian handlers please reign him in?

How is it more dangerous than a completely partisan, controlled media whose goal is to keep the left in power by any means necessary?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I'd say it's a very accurate quote. I'm 30, having lived roughly half my life in the last century and half in this one.

There are insane amounts of propoganda aimed at younger generations. Get em while they're young, as they say. I don't think it's a matter of not giving younger people credit for not knowing, but looking at the societal environments they have grown up in. Understanding human nature and wanting to fit in with your peers.

When I gave up tv, for many reasons, over a decade ago, I was made to seem like I was crazy! Who didn't watch tv? Who didn't worship celebrities and the ground they walked on? Aren't they the driving forces in a young persons life? It was scary. We, as humans, don't want to believe people are lying to us for their own benefit. Least of all "authority figures" who we look up to and want to emulate. Are told to emulate

I think I'm young enough, and yet old enough to have seen a major difference in media propaganda pre-911 and post. That is literally how I view the world. Sure, there are many other defining moments in history that are viewed the same way, but we didn't necessarily live through them and only hear about them second hand.

Trump has called out the media in a big way. I watched CNN election night lol. The propaganda machine worked overtime in this election and got squashed. But now, they'd have you believe they honestly reported the news and didn't lie for their own benefit. Shameful.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Diisenchanted

He is stepping up his dictator game I see. Thanks for letting us know.

LOL Breitbart.

Trump knows no bounds in the fascism arena. Again, thanks for the alert that he is hitting even harder at the press.

It's sad that this post has so many stars. Sad! No substance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join