It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Declares CNN, NYT, CBS, ABC And NBC Are "The Enemy of The American People"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Back in 1987 at OSU colleges of journalism, photography, and cinema majors, the idea was to present the facts in news accurately with no agenda or bias. I agree with Trump the news today represents what the owners of the media, who are also invested in the stock market, want to control and manipulate, and censor reality or history. The media outlets are very unreliable to reporting the truth and facts. Much of the news is omitted, not reported. Lies and manipulation of knowledge and the truth seem to be lucrative to the owners of the news media. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is power.
edit on 19-2-2017 by frugal because: sp

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Solid thread OP...I am glad that Trump is doing something about Fake News.

He IS fake news...Then he attacks the press for calling him out on it.

Also...

Did anyone ever know that Wolf Blitzer's net worth is $16 million???? Count it.

This is bizzare?...

I don't know or care what Wolf Blitzers net worth is.
Why do you think it matters?
What does Trump's net worth say about his credibility?
Strange logic..

This man has no fear what # he says to people.

Very strange choice of words...

Do you believe that reporters should have "fear" of what they say while reporting?

This is not Russia..

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
Back in 1987 at OSU colleges of journalism, photography, and cinema majors, the idea was to present the facts in news accurately with no agenda or bias. I agree with Trump the news today represents what the owners of the media, who are also invested in the stock market, want to control and manipulate, and censor reality or history. The media outlets are very unreliable to reporting the truth and facts. Much of the news is omitted, not reported. Lies and manipulation of knowledge and the truth seem to be lucrative to the owners of the news media. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is power.

I think that is a narrative with elements of truth, exploited by despots looking to destroy a free press.

Men who accuse their opponents family of killing Kennedy, who joyfully traffic in propaganda and lies to serve their personal agenda have no credibility in calling out a free press reporting facts.

From Trumps Press conference. THIS is why he wants the American people to hate CNN..

TRANSCRIPT:

TRUMP:
We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.
In other words, the media’s trying to attack our administration because they know we are following through on pledges that we made and they’re not happy about it for whatever reason.

(A lie he has repeated nonstop since the election)

Reporter Question:

Mr. President, you said today that you have biggest electoral margins since Reagan with 350 electoral votes, and, in fact, president Obama got 365 in 2008-- [Trump mumbles in response] President Obama got 332 in 2012, President Bush Sr got 426 electoral votes, why should America — [ Trump tries to protest in response] Why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they've received of being fake when you're providing information that's not accurate?

TRUMP: Well, I don’t know, I was given that information. I was given — I actually, I’ve seen that information around.

IN REALITY It was NOT "The biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan"

Pres. Bush Sr.
Pres. Bill Clinton (Twice)
And Pres. Obama (Twice)

ALL HAD significantly higher Electoral College wins that Trump.

And yet trump has steadily repeated the lie..

en.wikipedia.org...
www.reuters.com...
www.cnbc.com...
www.wcvb.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal

I agree with Trump the news today represents what the owners of the media, who are also invested in the stock market, want to control and manipulate, and censor reality or history.

Donald Trump is a media producer. He has filled his cabinet with Wall Street bankers. He has done everything in his power to control, manipulate, or censor the media. He constantly makes historical claims that are provably false. Wake up! He is a manipulative, self centered, lying child.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Politifact has now investigated nearly 400 statements by Trump

True (4%)
Mostly True (12%)
Half True (14%)

Mostly False (20%)
False (33%)
Pants on Fire (17%)

70% of his principle claims would be considered outright lies by the average person.

What makes him different is that being called out on his lies does not bother him, it excites him...and his response is to attack the fact-checkers and press rather than address the factual dishonesty of his claims..

That is the psychology of a 3rd world despot.

www.politifact.com...
edit on 19-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The same people crying about the constitution for the last eight years - fearing a dictator - are the ones that will defecate all over it and beg for a dictator with cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
You should question that site. Right now they have "While on FAKE NEWS @CNN, Bernie Sanders was cut off for using the term fake news to describe the network. They said technical difficulties!" listed as false... But that happened.

Really no matter how it is spun, he was cut off after saying fake news. They did claim it was technical difficulties and many believe CNN is "fake news".
edit on 19-2-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
You should question that site. Right now they have "While on FAKE NEWS @CNN, Bernie Sanders was cut off for using the term fake news to describe the network. They said technical difficulties!" listed as false... but that happened.

NO...

He was Criticizing TRUMP for FAKE NEWS..

transcripts.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I didn't say anything about why he said it. Neither did the website you're promoting...

The fact of the matter is that he said fake news, then the audio went out then CNN claimed it was technical difficulties. So why does that site say it was a false statement?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I find it amazing that some people here dont realise how stupid and dangerous a statement this was by a US President.

But then, he's playing to sycophants.

Yes specifically and in a great mental mind fck it is the left's sycophants he played and exposed you guys for what your are. Your guys on the extreme left of the D party forced me to leave you and vote at 1st Libertarians, and then finally in an only way to make your party wither permanently i was forced to vote R.... Your welcome Trumpies. However, he is converting me and my entire very large family and my many immigrant (legal i might add) friends by actually going for these well deserved to be called "pricks" that took over honest reporting.

Snip
edit on 19-2-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is so #ing dangerous. My Gawd! Will one of his Russian handlers please reign him in?

How is it more dangerous than a completely partisan, controlled media whose goal is to keep the left in power by any means necessary?

This is the question and the folks on the left's answers to the tough ones presented here so far, have been frkcn lame. But they are worth reading so we know what BS they spread to their friends! I can line by line them all. I told one guy from a liberal but Christian background in advance of Nov G E that Trump was looking like the honest one and Hillary was looking like a criminal and NOW he sees it my way, he still voted Hillary but he is liking DJT more and more, like me AND he sees that foundation for what it was, shady at best.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyeKyu
President Trump is not lying.

The Mainstream Media are all bought organizations, including Fox News which is controlled opposition. Even though Fox News is part owned by a Saudi Prince.

You can't trust any American Media, and even some British like the BBC or w/e. It's all a bunch of bull*** George Soros-esque. Communist supporting Trump hating crapfest.

This is why I support Trump using Twitter and putting out videos on social media. He gets the message to us directly. Not filtered through regressive left garbage.

^^ THIS IS THE DEAL!

He should by-pass the media go straight to the public like Reagan did. His reelection was a staggering success and then Bush Sr's buddy shot him and he had to have his chest opened up to get the bullet and from there on he was not the same. I was anti Bush 100% after I saw the Time Life pics of JFK's death with him G Bush leaning up against the Book Depository with a Fedora on smoking happily. Didn't think I would start voting R.....

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

"Your guys on the extreme left of the D Party"

Nah mate. I'm English.

Tell me, what happened during the Bowling Green Massacre?

Or maybe tell me what happened in Sweden on friday night?

Then maybe explain to me how the Trump administration is the bastion of truth?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
With the President of the USA defining the press as "enemies of the American people" isn't he saying only he is the arbiter of truth?

If the press is indeed an "enemy of the American people" doesn't Donald have the responsibility to do something about them? Stop them? Silence them? To end their enemy scheming against us?

The statements Donald makes sound like the beginning of dictatorship and silencing opposition. I'm sure the pro-Trump majority of ATS is okay with all this though.

Au Contraire' he is saying: YOU BE THE DECIDER of the truth (got to love that eh?), here are some facts that MSM is not saying. Decide if it is true, USE YOUR OWN MIND,,, it is a terrible thing to see people waste it without using it as nature intended, indeed!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: buster2010
You wish buddy!!!!!!

I know it's really reaching asking a Trump supporter this but show me where I was wrong in any of my statements. After all we know the problems you guys have with things called facts.

Honestly,

We have been telling you with wonderful anecdotes and examples but you of several people, refuse to listen, entertain or otherwise engage your brain in a way to wrap around the basics. On purpose with an agenda to anti truth, it appears IMHO and that is what I read in Wardaddy and NEO, exposure of this anti truth MSM. You ask and then appear to go (Hand over eyes), can't see it, (Hand over ears), can't hear it, (Hand over mouth) when asked if you would approve of someone raping your children and rescuing them from slavery. Some one comes along to let me decide what is true, i WILL consider that point of view.......
edit on 19-2-2017 by Justoneman because: clarity

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Nah mate. I'm English.

If you are not then I am not aiming at you. The D's here veered way left and left me....

Frees speech for thee but not for me is the new philosophy on display by that crowd.. I have had enough. I will defend your right to speak freely and expect the same or the sh__ will hit the fan in a Sun Tzu way.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Justoneman because: clarity

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Nah mate. I'm English.

If you are not then I am not aiming at you. The D's here veered way left and left me....

Frees speech for thee but not for me is the new philosophy on display by that crowd.. I have had enough. I will defend your right to speak freely and expect the same or the sh__ will hit the fan in a Sun Tzu way.

EDTA

I am not a defender of fake anything. Deflecting with a mistake is not the same thing as saying the Russians hacked the polling stations eh?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So true. Free speech for me but not for thee. That's the mantra of the left WORLDWIDE.

It's also the very definition of fascism, "think how I think or I'll attack you and shout you down and not allow you to speak", I'm pretty sure that's the actual mission statement of the left-fascism.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

So true. Free speech for me but not for thee. That's the mantra of the left WORLDWIDE.

It's also the very definition of fascism, "think how I think or I'll attack you and shout you down and not allow you to speak", I'm pretty sure that's the actual mission statement of the left-fascism.

geez, exaggerate there much, sparky?...by the way, explain "left-fascism".....do you know what fascism is?.....for one thing, it could be trying to convince trump voters, that the 1st amendment section about freedom of the press, is now the "ENEMY".....it took putin about a year to either get rid of the press people themselves, and/or silence dissenting press stories about him and his job performance.....trump has a good teacher in that area
edit on 19-2-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Apparently, you wouldn't know a fascist if one slapped you in the face with a halibut.

Re read the title of this thread, and then come back and talk to me about how the right is handling dissenting voices.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join