It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oops, Mom's home!

*takes feet off coffee table*
*wipes crumbs off sofa*
*hides barf bucket under sofa*

Umm yeah, so we've been hanging out making a mess, lol.
How are YOU??? *hugs*

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
This:

JustMike...There was actually a time in my life (about 10 years ago) when I could 'touch' a person and tell them things that I shouldn't have known. I shocked/scared a few people with that. Then people started asking me to do a reading of them, and after a while it seemed to fade just fade away.

It was 10 years ago for me as well. Before I found ATS I was only really active on one other site and spent a fair slice of my time doing readings for people there, either live within their "chat" facility or via PMs. Eventually I had to stop because it just became too draining; I hadn't learned how to do them without being so affected by them -- and though I know it's possible to get around that I still can't. So, I don't do readings any more. Just recently I've gone back to that other site again and struck up a few old friendships, but even so, I won't be doing readings again in the near future.

You mentioned fading away, and I follow you. I don't think that ability really leaves us, but it can go into decline at times.

The "sock puppet" thing was just a giggle that derived from A.M.'s drollery. I know you're not, so don't worry about it!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ack! You're here! Now we have to behave!

(Hides the chocolate cookies I was gobbling at a rate of knots.***)

Ummm... Anyway... How you doing? :cheesy grin that wouldn't fool anyone:

***I wish... I don't have any chocky chip cookies but I like to dream about them.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
This:

JustMike...There was actually a time in my life (about 10 years ago) when I could 'touch' a person and tell them things that I shouldn't have known. I shocked/scared a few people with that. Then people started asking me to do a reading of them, and after a while it seemed to fade just fade away.

It was 10 years ago for me as well.

Hmm, that's freaky.
At that time in my life I was all "light and love" and meditating...seeing energy...buzzing people with my own energy (long story)...I could read everyone just by touching them.
That was right before I found ATS and started researching everything I could possibly find (and "plop" down the rabbit hole I went!)

I don't feel like I have that ability anymore, and it honestly makes me a little sad.
But it was overwhelming at times too.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey jacy and JustMike!

Now I want cookies! I don't have cookies! Where are the pixies and why aren't they baking?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well hello, Mayor Night Star your Elvenness! Glad you enjoy the discourse.

ETA: LOL - got "paged". I kept refreshing the page going, "How come no one is replying to Night Star??!?"
edit on 3-6-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: I'm a [insert euphemism]...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
BTW here's what I consider an even better version of Comfortably Numb. Roger Waters on keyboard and opening vocals, then Dave Gilmour coming in on vocals and guitar, with a live orchestra to help things along.

Truly sublime.

ETA: And you know, here's something weird: when I was a kid (like ~ ten years old) I had times at night when my hands really did "feel like two balloons". It was so utterly strange and I never told anyone about it at the time. I had times when I felt almost completely detached from my body, but that "swollen hands" feeling was just beyond my comprehension.

edit on 6/3/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I never had that ability, though I was a bit psychic at one time. I also had precognitive dreams that came true. I think people all have abilities and can use them, however you need a calm mind that isn't cluttered with the chaos of day to day life with all its responsibilities and what-not. If our minds get cluttered with stuff it doesn't help.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Waves at Shep! Hello Hunny!

JustMike, Awesome vid! That is one of the all time classic songs!!!!!!!!! Always loved that song! They have that cool spacey sound where your mind can just drift away.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I had an out of body experience once as a teenager. At first I thought I died and was so freaked out. I found it almost impossible to sleep that night lest I slip away forever. When I realized I wasn't going to die, I thought it was the most amazing thing ever! Haven't had one since though.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Love this!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That's a great saying Night, but sometimes harder to do than say.

JustMike...I'm disappearing into ear-bud land in 3..2..1..(thank you!)

Shep...wait, what thread is this again? I'm lost with too many tabs open, haha....

(Did I miss anyone?)
jacy

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That's a great saying Night, but sometimes harder to do than say.

Nah, we're rebels and warriors my Sheddite Sister.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ha! Sometimes I have multiple pages of the Shed open at the same time in different tabs.
Talk about a good way to overload my internal circuits.

"Wait, I thought I replied to that?"
*Shep quickly replies for the 6th time to the same post*
"Wait! What happened? ARGH!"

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I'm sorry Shep, I'm busy doing the sista-warrior-wimmin-fist-bump with Night Star!!

I will answer you in another tab, lol...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star and to make it easier, a reply to: Night Star as well.

I had an OOBE back in 1989 following a pretty heavy car crash. But it was an NDE as well. I must do a thread about that one day.

ETA: meant to say also, that is was beyond amazing. It changed my life. But even that is inadequate, because I was at that special place where I had a choice to stay... or go.

a reply to: jacygirl, as it's on the same theme. But this will be a bit longer, so I hope you don't mind reading it all!

I would bet your ability is still there. It can lie dormant for a while if we don't invest some time and effort into it.

Let me give you an example. Back when I was really focused on earthquakes and looking at both the scientific and esoteric side of trying to predict them, I was able to get some results at doing that. Better than chance for the predictions I posted here on ATS. But then, life got in the way, I didn't put in the time and I did very few predictions in the past two or three years.

Then, back on 13 December last year, I went back into the "Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction" thread HERE and posted my first and only prediction for that entire year -- and in fact my first one since March 2015. You can read the whole post there, but basically I said I was expecting "something quite major" and it should be "cca mag 7 Mw or bigger".

Just to explain, "mag 7 Mw" refers to the earthquake magnitude in common use for larger quakes. In spite of what the airheads in our precious MSM might think, seismologists haven't used the "Richter scale" for them for decades. They use "moment magnitude" (abbreviated as "Mw") because it's more precise.

Well, I posted because I felt I had to. And 4 1/2 days later, on Dec 17, 2016, there was a magnitude 7.9 Mw quake. I posted about it in that thread HERE and included a link to the USGS** data page for it, plus a link to the NEIC*** database, because that quake turned out to be the biggest quake of 2016 to that day and I wanted people to be able to check that fact for themselves if they wished. (**USGS=United States Geological Survey. ***NEIC=National Earthquake Information Center.)

As it turned out, no quake surpassed that one in the following couple of weeks, so it was the biggest one for the entire year. And my only quake prediction post in over a year was 4 1/2 days before it occurred.

The timing: my previous posts in that thread since 2008 sometimes stated that my prediction "time window" was typically three days or so, but with a max of 7 days. I just don't "pick up" outside of that. So, while I often expected a result (or not) within three days, seven days was the max. I never pounce on an event that happens weeks later and say, "Yeah, that was it!", because for me, it just doesn't happen that way. A week is my limit.

The thing is, that (non-physical) "jolt" I felt that led me to make that post was right out of the blue. I'd not been studying quake maps in any great detail. I mean, I check the USGS world quake maps every day as a matter of habit because I like to see what the quakes are doing, but this "jolt" was so rare that I felt I had to post about it.

What are the odds? Not just of picking up on a major (mag 7-plus) quake, but the biggest of the whole year? Not real high. Random chance to hit that within a seven-day window with just one prediction in a year is 1/52, and it's obviously lower with a shorter time frame.

So, that ability is still sitting there. And I'm sure your ability is too, and sometimes it will just give you something without you even looking or asking for it.
But it's helpful if you can keep notes. Even if only for yourself. Because that way, you have something to refer back to that will help you to know if your ability is getting more active again or not.

edit on 6/3/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

That was fascinating, thank you. (I'm one of those people who reads every post in the thread, lol)

I haven't had the same experiences as either you or Night Star (or others here, NDE or OOBE) and to be honest, that all scares me!
Not to grab onto new-age lingo, but I feel like I've been experiencing a "dark night of the soul" for a few years now. I went from everything being light & love, to it all being dark & painful.
I know there are really important lessons to be learned from dark & painful, and I'm learning them. Yep I am.

Not too long ago I had my electronics go truly weird on me, felt like someone pulled my hair and then slapped my shoulder. I get glimpses of seeing things in my peripheral vision, and actually tell them to "go away" because I don't want to see any more than I currently do. I can't seem to meditate at all, though I still try.

Your earthquake predictions are very cool, and apparently you aren't the only one who senses them. I have zero experience in that area but it's also not something that I've paid a lot of attention to.

And now Macy the cat is on my keyboard, on my lap, meowing in my face to go to the store and get her tuna. So I've lost my train of thought...and I'm walking over to the store. Because...well because she will literally pester me all night if I don't.
Sorry...back in 5...sheesh you're a spoiled princess...
jacy

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Oh please do that thread on your NDE! There are such compelling cases out there and fascinating as hell!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi Kat!

Jacy, there are so many fascinating things to ponder. As for the darkness of the soul thing...I think when one goes through so much for so long, they tend to feel dragged down or overwhelmed by all their experiences. The light is still there, just buried somewhere. Also, you think and feel deeply which also can affect you. I share these things as well. Sometimes I get depressed and think why do we even bother. There are other times when I feel as though I am lifted up and out of the darkness and try to share that light and give hope to others. You do this as well.

Seeing and feeling paranormal type things...well, you seem to be a sensitive of sorts and know they are there. As long as you stand strong against them, you will be fine.

I wish my replies in here were more articulate, but I have fuzzy brain syndrome going on right now and should be doing things that need to be done instead of hanging around on the computer. LOL

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join