It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Edit. I feel like such a coward. I lost my integrity out of fear of repercussion. I am ashamed that I didn't stand up for those who can't speak for them selves. Whether it is a human or another being I should defend them. Disgusted and pondering.

Good morning Shed-heads!! It's 4:00 am and I've been awake since 2.
Please excuse me why I holler at WIS.

Girlfriend!!! You are NOT a coward!! How dare you say that about yourself!!

You did NOT lose your integrity. You upheld your own beliefs...didn't assist them (the men) in their own endeavors.
You DID speak up for them (the coyote), inside quietly...you could not have prevented that outcome.

We have to choose our battles. What is the point of putting your own life at risk? What good will you be then? What help can you offer then?
I too see the roadside hunters around here, parking their pick-ups and heading into the woods. I cringe, and hurt and sometimes even cry...but I realize that I can't save every animal, and so I do what I can WHEN I can. (Just like you and many others here do.)
Now, quit the self flagellation and give me a *squishy*...sheesh!

Love all y'all,
jacy *yawn*

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Everybody must be sleeping still.

Dream on, Shedigans...dream on.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Cant wait for this one.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Yay!! Me too!!
Will even likely go to the theatre to see this one, lol.

Also waiting for John Wick 2. The first one was fab.
Oh, good morning!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

if I had turned them in, I would have been a target. Around here guns and money rule.
Who is the coward? Me, I am the coward.
Edit. I feel like such a coward. I lost my integrity out of fear of repercussion. I am ashamed that I didn't stand up for those who can't speak for them selves. Whether it is a human or another being I should defend them. Disgusted and pondering.

You are no coward my friend! You were wise to consider the repercussions of becoming a target. Even if these guys would have gotten in trouble for doing what they did, they surely would have done it again at another time. It's how they are. It's what they do. Even if they had not killed the coyotes by the roadside, they would have killed them by tracking. It is tragic to see the lives of animals or humans lost, but it is impossible to stop it all. You can't expect the impossible of yourself. You can however be proud of the beautiful human being that you are.

You are a kind and compassionate soul whos life is deeply affected by such things and that is one of many things that I love about you.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hey jacy Hunny! LOVE the Aerosmith tune!!!!!

Tarzan, ooooooh, I must see this movie!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Chooch! Nice pic of you by the blue train!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

And what are you doing up so early, elfy one?
I've been up since 2am so grateful for all the stories to read this morning (in the new contest). Such talented people here...speaking of which, are you going to participate??

It is pouring rain here, and supposed to last all day.
Thank goodness the sun is always shining in our Shed, eh?
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Hi Sweetie! I have been up since 4 AM. Usually I'm going to bed around that time. LOL

I can hear the birds tweeting out there. I was thinking about entering the contest, but like you said, so many talented writers in there! I don't want to waste anyone's time with something that ends up coming out bland. I'm afraid I still have writer's block. Also fighting with pain of one kind or another which zaps the creative process.

Not sure yet if I'll be going out with my Sister today or another day. I might take off for a quick nap, but I don't know yet. I added caramel cocoa to my coffee this morning. Yum! They used to have a chocolate raspberry one, but I haven't seen it in a while. Oh and vanilla creamer. lol

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

*snorting my coffee thru nose*
Bland?
Girl...you are anything but bland...sheesh! (Seriously, just start...it will come!)

Right now I'm drinking instant coffee with milk and sugar. A little jelly about your flavoured stuff.
(ya better share before I get hostile)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Bahaha!!! Mine is instant coffee too, I just add part of a package of the caramel cocoa to the cup. Along with the vanilla creamer, it is quite delightful. Hands jacy a cup, a BIG cup.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Mmmm...magically delicious!

See? Not bland.

I can't believe we have the place to ourselves. Too bad we're both too sleepy to take advantage of it, lol.
Just in jammies, sipping coffee...and now I'm too lazy to even link a song for us to listen to.

Will you sing "soft kitty" to me?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

This for Gordi. And all the shedittes...
...When I Heard that acoustic I thought of you Gordi.
Your on my top 10 list.

Awww THANK YOU!!!
That was good!

Nicely done jacy!
and.... Thanks very much for helping with advice for the newer posters in the Story contest - it's much appreciated.

originally posted by: Night Star

...Gordi, lovely pic that you shared! Oh I also love your guitar avatar! It's a beauty!...

I thank you MsStar! **bowing.
I stuck my head out of the door... saw the moon hovering over the school... and thought that it might make a nice photo? I've sent a photo-print of it over to the School with Callum this morning as a wee present!

That guitar is lovely isn't it? As I mentioned to kat... you really need to see it in the sunlight to appreciate the copper tones of the wood. It's nice to play too.

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Ugh.
That must have driven you crazy.
Sometimes you just have to suck it up I'm afraid...

I'm so sorry.

[[[[[WIS]]]]]

Well,
I'm busy chasing my tail this morning.... don't seem to have achieved very much at all.
Feeling a little bit "spaced out" actually, not sure why.... been like this for a couple of days now.
Tried to clear my head with a walk in the woods (and new wooden mushroom release!) yesterday, but the fog seems to have returned. Strange.

Gx

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
jacy, I'm too tired to sing a song and I don't sing very well anyway. LOL
Nice hanging out in our jammies and having coffee together this morning!

Hi Gordi, I'm always in a fog. You'll get used to it. Oh I thought you meant the fog in your brain. LOL
I know what you mean about your guitar. Pics don't do it justice, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hey Gordi!!

My pleasure hun...I'm happy to help.
There are some non-writers here who would LOVE to get that title, and deserve to have it.
I forgot how fun the contests can be. (and how supportive the other writers are)

As for "the fog"...? It comes and goes with me too.

Currently I blame: Nibiru's approach, the government (all of 'em), Monsanto, Fukishima, chem-trails, food dye, fluoride in the water, and aging. In that order.
Hope that helps.
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I still chuckle when I think of your Prime Minister. I joke with LoneCloudHopper who also lives in Canada about having a kid for a Prime Minister. LOL! He does not at all look his age! Handsome as hell he is!

Yep, the world is going to hell in a hand basket as they say. Whoever came out with that saying anyway? Scratches head.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Ahh...hahaha....

Did you know that there are 'memes' of married women swooning over our Prime Minister? Yup, pics of Princess Kate and Ivanka Trump, both grinning at him like maidens, hehe...

I actually voted once for his father.
Confession time is over...the rest is too traumatic.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

LOL! I'm swooning too.

To all the amazing Sheddites in our beautiful realm...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hello ladies of the shedrealm!

So nice to see you online at this hour!
(Are you MAD?)

LOVED jacy's story contest entry... and tried to lift my fog with a wee attempt of my own but I haven't properly read mine back over yet to see if it makes any sense!!! I just posted it straight up.... I think I'd better go check it actually...

LINK to Gordi's Short Story

I don't usually read the other story entries until mine is done... but that's me free now to go read some more!!
Yippee!! (I was fed up with work anyway...) LOL

G
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: to add link

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Of course the ladies of the shedrealm are mad and so are the gents. That's why we all get along so well. We understand each other.

I loved jacy's entry too! Read some other stories and did some star and flags this Morning since I was actually up so early. Had pancakes with strawberries and blackberry syrup. Oh and bacon, had to have some bacon.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Please excuse me why I holler at WIS.

She did an excellent job too, stars and flags Jacy.
Thanks I appreciate the support.

Girlfriend!!! You are NOT a coward!! You did NOT lose your integrity.

Yes I am and yes I did which leads me to reevaluate my priorities.

You ....didn't assist them (the men) in their own endeavors.
....you could not have prevented that outcome.

When man is indifferent in the face of injustice he is compliant to the crime. Even if one can not prevent the out come, it creates a statement that can not be silenced.

What is the point of putting your own life at risk?

This could lead to a discussion of survival of the fittest versus altruism. LOL

I too see the roadside hunters around here, parking their pick-ups and heading into the woods.

That is legal all though I find their methods despicable, but these people were hunting from their trucks letting the dogs drive the animals towards them. That is illegal.

Now, quit the self flagellation and give me a *squishy*...sheesh!

Nope but you get a hug, plural.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join