It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Pheonix, I had seen that one before. Yet another gem!
Some kids are amazingly talented! Thank you for sharing!
It's so good to see you, I was wondering where you have been and how you were doing. Hugs!

Hello Miss Jess! Good luck with your project presentation! I'm stumbling around getting coffee. It's my day out today with my friend for lunch, groceries and what-not. I will be here for a while and then I'll be back tonight sometime.

My Sister is finally back from her 3 week vacation in Florida. I'll probably get to see her Wednesday. I miss her when she is gone. So...Yay!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hope to be leaving in about a half an hour or so... Have a magical day!

edit on 28-2-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh Night, so sorry I missed you

OK just caught another thread I thought you guys might like, live steam video of Mt Etna erupting!
Volcano Thread

I will try to stop back by tonight! I hope everyone has a great day!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Whew. I've been running to catch up. See what happens when you miss a few days? Sheesh!

Hiya Shedisans!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

It's a nice crisp cold evening here in Scotland...
So, I got my camera out...

That's the view RIGHT NOW from my front lawn!!

G

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
*waves wildly and heartily!*
Hullooooo!!

So. My old internet company disconnected me 5 days before they should have, probably peeved that yet another of their customers was leaving them. And I connected with my new company yesterday morning. And there is SO MUCH DIFFERENCE, ohmygosh. More proof that the problems I was experiencing were not on my end and that of my old provider.

I can have more than one page open at a time! All of my pages load at the same time! I can talk on Skype and do internetty stuff at the same time! I can play online games! I download faster than dialup speeds, 3GB takes 20minutes instead of 20 hours! I can see images again and not have to wait 10minutes for each to load. (mild exaggeration.)

BUT. Anyway!
More importantly.
I woke up this morning, and went to check on that little plant that I rescued.
And.
Wheeeeeeeee!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Hi B!

Missed ya hunny!
VERY Glad that your netspeed has improved - that's great news!
and.... YAY! What a lovely wee plant it has turned into!
Well done you!

Gx

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi!! *hugs*

Yes, my internet... I've been on slowwwwww horrible can't-do-anything speeds since the end of November. And now it's all better! And I'm just ~"Download ALL the things!!!!"~

Dave tells me that by this afternoon that little flower will be a big flower and I'll have to take another photo!

I'm a silly and so excited. I was certain I was going to end up murdering that plant. But at least it would have died here instead of in a cold dark grocery store. But it survived! And this is its first flower. And it makes me happy.

🌸🌸🌸😊🌸🌸🌸

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci
....And it makes me happy.

🌸🌸🌸😊🌸🌸🌸

...and so it should!

G

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

This for Gordi. And all the shedittes.

www.youtube.com...

I was in ahurry when I wrote that.

I am into a James Taylor mood.

When I Heard that acoustic I thought of you Gordi.

Your on my top 10 list.

edit on 28-2-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Peeks in the shed...................Ill just leave this here.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have seen this man play in private parties.

James Taylor rocks

He makes love to that guitar. And it resonates.

www.youtube.com...

Tom Petty rocks too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi Everybody!! I hope all are well.

I've been lurking but mostly spending time working on a story for the new contest. The theme is "Your Journey to the Afterlife" and I had no clue what to write.
Well, in a kind of amusing way...it's become a Shed story.

So I'm going to put it here in The Shed instead of linking to my contest entry. I'm not after stars & flags, give those to the non-writers who are participating please! Instead I'm putting it here, because I haven't really added any storyline in a long time. This came literally out of nowhere, yet made so much sense to me how I could end up 'going there', lol.

I hope you enjoy it, I sure had fun writing it.

Dead In a Shed (YJA2017 - Writer)

Jacy opened her laptop and entered her password, then shuffled into the kitchen to make coffee. It was 4 am and her relentless back pain had once again woken her from her slumber. She reached for the acetaminophen bottle and poured a few into her hand. Listening to her own common sense screaming inside her head she put two back and swallowed the remaining three.
"That stuff is killing you, killing your liver!!" she heard her own mind say.
Rolling her eyes, she twisted the cap off a fresh water bottle and swallowed.
"Whatever...whatever..." she muttered while reaching for a clean mug and knocking the plate of donuts all over the counter top.

A few minutes later Jacy was logged into her favourite site, reading, slurping coffee and wiping crumbs off the keyboard.
"I wonder who's online?" she thought while scanning the 'recent posts' and manoeuvering her way to The Shed thread. Suddenly a sharp pain ripped across her lower back.
"Holy #@%!" she swore, writhing in pain and knocking the computer onto the floor. As each spasm increased the frightened girl started worrying.

"Where are my kidneys?" she grimaced feeling around her back. "Damn Mandela Effect stories and now I don't even know where my kidneys are! Or is that my liver? I dunno where the liver is...my liver...MY LIVER!! Ohhh..."
And just as she realized what was happening, she lost consciousness.

"I smell garlic."
"Who said that?"
"You did."

My eyes snapped open and stared in horror..."Whaaaa.aaa.aaat??" came out of my mouth as I tried to focus on the apparition in front of me. Then I must have been making *shifty eyes* as I scrunched up my face and asked, "Who are you and where am I?" because the creature threw back it's head and started laughing at me. Standing straight up I noticed no back pain at all, and I was actually feeling pretty good. Taking advantage of that situation, I quickly turned and started running towards a forest of trees.

"Ah no ya don't," came that same voice and I got jerked back face-to-face with the speaker. Only now it wasn't a Troll-like creature, it was a handsome faced man in a fedora. As I opened my mouth to speak his name, he smiled seductively, placed one finger to his lips (sssh!) and then instantly changed into a ferret. "Sophie?" I squeaked wondering what fresh Hell was THIS?

The ferret (who was indeed Sophie) proceeded to explain..."It's simple, you're dead." then turned to scamper towards a strange rainbow-striped building that I hadn't noticed earlier. Following her I didn't feel fear or dread, just an overwhelming sense of coming home. "Dead" I snickered..."that Sophie"...but then I stopped and looked up at the sky. It was a strange mix of pinks and purples, but those weren't birds flying up there...they were dragons.

"Jacy!!" a female voice was calling me from the rainbow doorway. As I got closer I could see she wore a beautiful brocade gown and had some wicked pointy ears. "I could SO rock those!" I thought to myself as I smiled back at her and entered what looked like a garden Shed.
"Let me explain to you what's happening," she said gently whilst clapping her hands and waving directions to...pixies?
As I looked around the rather enormous room I heard a faint Scottish accent speaking and guitars playing somewhere just out of my view. There was a sweet smell of pastry baking and also I could detect coffee brewing. Just when I was beginning to believe that my Tylenol had been spiked, the pretty Elf started speaking and soon a crowd was silently gathered around us.

"Sophie said I'm dead!" I blurted, and was annoyed to hear guffaws of laughter.
"You are dead," said the Elf-woman while the others nodded and threw glitter.
"No, I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming about writing in The Shed and I'm drugged...yep, I'm dreaming." and then I nodded "yes" for validation.

"Honey, you died in your living room and your soul came to The Shed. You go to your happy place, didn't you know that?" I shook my head "no". I had nothing to say to that so I was glad when she continued.
"Your soul has brought you to this place for rest and refuge. When you feel strong enough you may venture forth on any adventure that you desire...or you may stay here. The choice is yours, it always has been."

And with that, I will say...
The End

jacy

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy!!!!!!!! That was awesome!!!!!!! Hey look, we're both on at night! yay!

Going to answer the others now and then go find your story to star and flag it.
Hugs!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jess, I'm glad I don't live close to a volcano! YIKES!
Thanks for the nice tune!

Shep, are your running shoes worn out from trying to catch up? How's your story coming along??

Gordi, lovely pic that you shared! Oh I also love your guitar avatar! It's a beauty!

Kaelci, I was wondering where you went to and missed you! Awesome new avatar and that flower...wow!!! I have been buying plants lately and just love having and nurturing them. I even bought another live plant for my fish tank. Can't wait to see your flower in full bloom!

Hi Kitty Kat! Any wine tonight? We're watching that funny movie with the talking food. LOL

Hi Tarzan! Good tune! I keep chuckling when you post music and your cat avatar is bopping his head to the music. Ahahaha!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks sweetie!! S&F's not necessary though, I already have my shiny "Writer" status, so I'm hoping some deserving new writers will get theirs.

I am starting to get blurry eyed, been writing for a while now.
If I *flitpoof* and disappear, it was lovely seeing you here.

Have a great night Night (haha), see you on the other side!
jacy

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Too late, I starred and flagged it. LOL

Going to get comfy and in my nighty now. Night my beautiful friend!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sir Pooh is so very wise, how we in and out of this web of life need each other. Should we neglect this basic necessity we may become invisible.

These are coyote, a despised and fiercely hunted being.
I will abstain form relating the politics, ecology and cultural "relations". What I will relate is a first hand personal experience.

Scenario.
A lovely sunny February day, the air is crisp but warm as we walk through the fourteen hundred square acre State Natural area.
A brilliant day. I check wild life tracks while the dogs enjoy a little free time. Suspiciously viewing several monster trucks on the road with howling dogs in the rear.
Deep in the woods we hear the howling dogs from several angles.
Back by our vehicle I get stuck backing out. A "Monster truck" guy in full winter camo pulls up and promises he will send help, but he can't help because he is "Coyoteing"
"No thank you" I manage to say but only my sweet heart hears that.
A little later while we are struggling, some more corn fed winter camo boys pull up and push us out of our predicament.
The only reason I didn't say no was because I didn't want to embarrass my significant other.

I had to say "Thank You" and as we parked to enjoy the sun (out of the ditch) the initial "Monster" drove by waving and asked if we were OK? With a dead coyote on the top of the dog pen!!! All within 45 minutes.
These heavy weight, top football screen participants could never have tracked down a top predator on foot in that time frame.
Sorry I am ranting, but road side shooting is illegal, and if I had turned them in, I would have been a target. Around here guns and money rule.
Who is the coward? Me, I am the coward.

Edit. I feel like such a coward. I lost my integrity out of fear of repercussion. I am ashamed that I didn't stand up for those who can't speak for them selves. Whether it is a human or another being I should defend them. Disgusted and pondering.

edit on 28-2-2017 by WalkInSilence because: word

edit on 28-2-2017 by WalkInSilence because: More Words

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Checking in for a little bit before heading off for the night. Sorry I haven't been on much lately as well. Did manage to get a couple of photos over the past two days and with the forecast looking like complete and utter crap for Wednesday. I think it might be best if I were to stay home.

Some random lease engine setting at the end of Big Eagle Railroad at Winifrede, WV this past Sunday. Which is now my current profile photo on Facebook.

Monday evening finds the Penn Centless heritage loading a coal train over at Dickinson Yard. Once the train gets done loading, it is off to Lambert's Point Terminal at Norfolk, Virginia with export coal bound for Egypt.

Oh and did someone mention James Taylor?

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join