It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

OMG, I love the lizard!!!!!! The furry creatures are awesome too! Thank you for sharing these with us today!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jess, you didn't like the cool lizard? Just imagine it with wings, sort of like a mini dragon. LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
OMGosh Timely I need one. I just gotta have it.

I will love it and hug it and squish it with love!!!!

OK if I can have one of those, I might reconsider my visit....as soon as drop bear season is over!

originally posted by: Night Star
Jess, you didn't like the cool lizard? Just imagine it with wings, sort of like a mini dragon. LOL

You lie!!!! There is no such thing as a cool lizard! LOL

edit on 2/23/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hey come visit Oz. ...

There are as many things to pet as there are to run from !

( hey there's a tourism pitch ! )

Bed time for me ...

Sweet dreams shedifarians !

Don't let the funnel webs bite !

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sweet dreams timely!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm laughing because I kept trying to find a video of a lizard with wings, but even though I thought they were awesome, I didn't want to freak you out. One started off with a snake in it which I thought was cool too, but thought that might weird you out even more. LOL!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Don't let the funnel webs bite !

That must be some kind of spider so I won't even ask for pics of that thing!

Sweet Dreams Hun!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ok Jess is gone now. I have to post this! Syx would love this!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Waves at Gordi! Where's my soup?

It was delicious!
ROFL

HEY! You're on the ATS front page... between Putin and Pedophiles!!!

D.D.I.G. !

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Waves at Gordi! Where's my soup?

It was delicious!
ROFL

HEY! You're on the ATS front page... between Putin and Pedophiles!!!

D.D.I.G. !

Well, that's a hell of a place to be. LOL!

Did you see the cool lizard vid? You ate all the soup? Now you'll have to make more!

Might go watch the walking dead show soon. Man that is an addicting series!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Howdy my love bug neighbor to the south!!
I'm doing fine yet everyone else in the house has been sick. My niece came down with the flu last week and is slowly starting to get better. I'm enjoying this awesome weather and I've been getting out as much as I can. Managed to make my way down to Kenova the other day for a good variety in rail traffic as seen here and the video can vouch for it!

That sucks you already had plans for this weekend! I've heard that beer festival is a blast although I haven't been to it. There is one festival that someone in this state needs to come up with. Someone needs to come up with either a Pepperoni Roll Festival or a Pizza Festival. I would be sold from the word go if that were to ever happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hi Chooch! Our weather is unseasonably warm. The snow is melting!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello Shedisans!

Hope you're having a lovely day today!

We were supposed to get up to a foot and a half of snow. Now they're saying it will strike southeast and we might only get 2". Argh. I hate getting my hopes up!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hello Shep! our snow is finally melting and that's just fine with me. Maybe take a trip to a ski resort with the sheparditos.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hm, tempting. Not sure the ski hills around the state even have any snow left this year, though. It's not even March yet and everything has pretty much melted except the lakes and ponds. Even the small creeks are mostly unfrozen now. We hit 62 degrees the other day. I saw guys out riding bicycles in shorts & short sleeves.

Really weird winter - we were looking at a foot of snow on the ground just after Thanksgiving, now we have brown.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Weird weather here too and warming up quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Link to all my story posts in Sheds 11, 12 and 13
(Shed 14) Page 6 - The Cipher
(Shed 14) Page 20 - Kaena Returns
(Shed 14) Page 29 - As Good as a Death Sentence
(Shed 14) Page 32 - A Vow by the Lake

Today's episode: A Bottle of Ink

She had followed him to the Bastion after the night on the hill, with her mother’s full approval of course. Unable to produce an heir, a Bastion title to go with her family title might at least land her an advantageous marriage once her commission was over. Or, the Bastion would provide a handsome sum to Milaener Estate if she were to fall in battle. Either way, the House won. She had decided that night that she would be with Gaalen. Maybe they could marry – marrying a Braeghe, either Gaalen or his elder brother Gesaert – would have been a good match. Braeghe was powerful, wealthy, and untarnished by scandal. Lady Isara was the Queen’s Counselor; a daughter-in-law of Braeghe would have access to the Crown itself. Plus Gesaert was the elder, so he would have the greater duty of producing a daughter.

So foolish. She had long since lost the dreams of youth in a haze of blood and death. Teenaged fantasies of a quiet life with Gaalen had given way to brutal reality. They would both die serving the Bastion, either at the claws and teeth of savage beasts or at the hands of savage people, she knew that now. She was not sure which was worse. Someday, in the unlikely event they both survived, they would escape. Live in the wilderness, some place where there were enough patrols to make it possible, but away from the Bastion, the Temple, and all the manipulation and deceit of the court. She hated all of it. The only reason she stayed was Gaalen.

She slipped out of bed. She wanted to wake him, to be with him. At times, when he held her, she wished she could melt into him, that they could be truly one being, never to be separated. Sometimes, she just could not get close enough to him. But tonight, there had been a distance. He had purple and yellow bruises that hadn't been there before she left, and some wound on his thigh that he would not talk about or let her change the dressing on. He was different tonight, more brooding than usual, and she needed answers.

That distance had kept her up long past when Gaalen had fallen asleep. He had hidden something from her, more than the strange bruises and the bandage on his leg he wouldn’t talk about. She didn’t know what was going on, but she would find out. She loved him and trusted him, but she knew him better than he knew himself. He was hiding something, and the only reason he would ever hide anything from her – with all they had been through together – was if he thought it posed a danger to her. Noble, but foolish. Kaena was no longer afraid of anything.

Pulling a silk robe over her shoulders, she walked to the fireplace, the embers now burning low. In short order she had it stoked and putting out warmth again.

She found the cipher he had been working on, and studied it in the firelight. It was a simple template to create a running key for a substitution cipher. She flipped through the copy of The Book of Voices, but it was just a standard copy from the Temple. He pulled out the ink bottle Gaalen had kept with it. The ink was strange, but it may just have been the firelight. She uncorked it and smelled it, but it was odorless. On a whim she grabbed his pen and dipped the tip in. Not wanting to make any noise, she put the tip of the pen to her forearm and wrote. As it dried, the ink started to fade, and it was gone.

Only one thing she knew of could perform that feat. Common invisible ink went on clear, and was revealed by washing the parchment with a second substance. Whatever was going on with Gaalen had to do with the Temple.

She considered how to proceed next, and formed a plan. Just because she hardly ever practiced seduction didn’t mean she wasn’t any good at it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Shep, I will read your story when I get back later.

Heard Little B made it through her surgery.

Desperately need some sleep, but going to watch the walking dead for a bit.

Talk to everyone later!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Hollywood!

*waving* Hi Everybody!

I'm here lurking again, trying to think of what to say.

Do you ever get a thread idea in your head, and then go search to see if it's been done? Then find threads you've never seen before, and get lost reading them? Then get confused as to whether or not you should still write your own thread?
Yeah, me either.
Just kidding...that's what I've been doing.

Took my sick friend to the doctor this morning. While we were out, she got a text that another friend was in ICU in the hospital (and doesn't have much time left). A third friend is borderline suicidal lately. They are all younger than me.

So I'm trying not to be a glum chum. Here is a song by a good ole Canadian band called "Trooper".
Because, "We're here for a good time...not a long time..."

jacy

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hang in there, jacy. This too shall pass, as my grandmother used to say.

Yes, the thread thing happens to me - not that I create that many threads, but I'll go online with a purpose that frequently gets Shanghai'd because of something I see or think of.

Squirrel!

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join