It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I love my Kindle and am always looking for things to read!! Tell me where to look for your tales, please!?!

I understand the one sided conversations, too. I often talk to the dogs as if they were human & I'm sure I look looney to any voyeurs peeking in the windows. Not to mention, I'm one of those unusual people in the world who sometimes "just knows stuff" I can't possibly know but I have no idea how. Well, I kind of have an idea but....

Many blessings to your wife as she travels her path. It's not the number of days but the quality of those days. Blessings upon you for making her days as fruitful & satisfying as you are able. I, too, am one who needs some supervision, even at home, so I have some appreciation for all your effort. My BigBurgh does a fine job of looking after me. 😀

Peace & Love,
~LB
edit on 02/14/17 by LittleBurgh because: Misspelled word

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ah, I've had slivovic, many years ago now, but I enjoyed the bottle. I too have heard that one "wee dram" a day has life-extending effects.

a reply to: LittleBurgh

Well said, LB!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How wonderful to see all of you here!!!

Sorry, just a group message for now. I wanted to say "hi" before I started going back to catch up.
Will see you when I get here. (lol)
jacy

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Welcome back, jacy!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

GAH! I'll never catch up. By the time I do another page of comments will pop up.

Hello to whoever is still here. Wonder how far behind or ahead jacy is on the trail to the missed pages we haven't read yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Welcome back, jacy!

I came back to see something, and voila! Hellos to jacy!
Hey Shep...how come I look so bold?? You has mail.

Night Star!! Hahaha...I don't know where I was but I've already scored 3 donuts!!!

Edit: Each time I look back and read your "GAH!" I chuckle...hehe...why is that so funny???

Sheez, now I don't remember where I was.
edit on 20-2-2017 by jacygirl because: letters were smooshed together

edit on 20-2-2017 by jacygirl because: why? oh why?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBurgh
For my book, just look at my signature under any of my posts. The first link there is to a thread on ATS about the book. The Kindle version of the book is about three bucks, I think. ($2.99 plus their fees.) Or you might want to wait a few days til it might be free (for a little while). I'm obviously really happy if anyone buys it, but I also understand that not everyone can.

I just wrote to Amazon to ask them how to set it up for a free promo, because their site is so complicated I can't work it out!

TBH for older/less tech-savvy Amazon members, they make it way too hard to navigate. It took me ten minutes just to figure how to message them. They have revamped the site recently or something and it's much harder for me to work out than it was before. But I'm from the pre-internet generation. We do things a bit more slowly.

edit on 20/2/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Hi Sweetheart! I caught up, but can't possibly reply to everyone unless I write a book.

It was a great read though!

I slept the day away of course because I don't get to bed until the Morning hours and have to sleep sometime.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

LOL! I hear ya about the tech stuff as I too come from the pre-internet days! I swear I won't be able to finish your book until Spring! I usually like to read either in the tub while relaxing or sitting outside. It's been too damned cold to stay in the tub for very long and too snowy and cold to sit out. Of course, I'm dying to find out what happens next and keep saying I will sit in the living room with it, but then Netflix is on and I can't pay full attention. Don't worry though, I WILL finish the book!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Errollorre, Aria and Troll the troll enter The Shed.
"Well, that took an unnecessarily long time." said Errollorre.
Troll laughed.
"Troll did you take us on the path through the valley of the mud ghouls on purpose?" asked Aria.
Troll tried not to laugh.
"You knew we'd have to fight an army of mud ghouls. Didn't you Troll?" said Errollorre.
"Troll like little fun." said Troll.

Aria walked over to the Shed jukebox.
"I always liked this song Errollorre." said Aria.
Aria's choice on the jukebox played.

"Yuk." said Troll. "Sloppy squeeky Mish mosh! Troll play good song."
Troll went to the jukebox and picked a song.
As it began to play Errollorre looked at Aria.
"I could have guessed he'd play that one."

Hello Shed 14.
I've caught up.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hello JustMike!!! *hugs* to you and Dada!!

Wow, so great to see you spending some time here with us. I'm not caught up yet, but as I'm reading people are leaving, lol. You are such a lovely human being...you really are. I understand how much (patience? kindness? empathy?) you must have, to spend time every day with someone whose mental capacities are diminishing (along with their health)...someone that you love. Thank you for the updates, we all care very much.

Regarding your book, two things for now. If I only have a half-dead laptop, can I still download it? Or do I need kindle or something?
Second...What do think about a one-day only free download?? You could social media it, make a big deal...? Special, for ONE DAY ONLY...you can download "Finding the Goddess" (available on Amazon)...know what I mean?

I've never worked in advertising, but I did have quite good feedback on my ads when I was selling real estate. A little drama and a time limit make it so appealing!! (Or just ignore me, because I am not published and likely don't know what I'm talking about)

Okay, going back to try and finish. I think I just passed Night Star, lol...she should be back soon.
jacy

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Oh Tom, I love those vids so much!!!!!! Thanks for bringing them over to our new home!!!!

oh and Shep, I read your latest entry and it was wonderful as always! Getting exciting!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi, Night! I know what you mean... Sometimes I'm away from here for days. I lurk as I can, but have no time to just relax and post. I mean, really relax. Then I get back in here and can't recall what went on in the previous 10/20/30 pages.

I want a matter transfer machine. A "beam me up, Scotty!" machine. Want, want, really want one. One for everyone, so we can all meet up somewhere and just be together.

Gordi's island would be ideal. Or our cottage, so we take you all for walks in the nearby forests.

Things like that.

edit on 20/2/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That would be so perfect, wouldn't it? We'll have to get the tech pixies to build us something to transport us.

Well, we can be together here when time allows at the very least. I am so glad that this place is here and allows us to come together somehow. Lot of love and good times at the shed!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Hey Errollorre!! Yay for videos and more storyline!!
(I love Troll)

I would love to continue what I started writing earlier about somehow melding my story in with your time travelling. I think Gordi may have mentioned wanting to play with the time travel too.

I'm finally caught up, but have given up on trying to make any more personal replies to pages ago. Things are zipping along at a quick rate around here.

I may slump into lurker mode for a while. I actually got kinda sad while reading. So many of us dealing with such varied yet painful real life situations. Too many good people suffering or in pain...or just lonely.

So thanks for bringing some story with you, and Shep too. Sometimes some of us just need to lurk and read I guess, eh?
*waves to lurkers*
jacy

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

In the bushes again? Those rosebushes and cactus will be there soon.

Yes, many members are facing tough times, but we have this place and each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks Night and Jacy.
This was just a little vignette to help smooth over the awkwardness of my late arrival.
My actual story is still stuck back in Shed Two with everyone on a treasure island with TDAwg possessed by a spirit also trapped on the island with an imprisoned bad wizard.
(That was on long sentence.)
Anyway I've got a story plotted out in my mind that has many chapters.
If only I had a secretary to take dictation. lol

Good to see everyone.
I'm off to the store.
See you later.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I wish I were more patient, kind and empathic. I frequently fail to be as good a husband as I'd want to be. I've had to learn to just let a lot of things go. If my wife says her grandma is alive and well and living (wherever) then I know it's best to just go along with it, even if she's been dead more than five decades.

Things like that. They're daily occurrences, so I simply had to adapt to how she views things from one moment to the next. And just hold out for those little sparks of her mind that still shine through.

Regarding Kindle, you don't actually need a Kindle to read books in Kindle format. (I don't have a Kindle!) You can download the Kindle software direct from Amazon free. I mention it in my book's thread, but the fastest way is just search "download kindle software free" and the top pick will probably be Amazon's page for it. It's a snap to install. Then if you download a Kindle-format book, it'll be available there to read.

Just stay away from any site that wants you to pay for Kindle software. They are scammers. It's free from Amazon and no strings attached. They want you to use it so you'll use their Kindle products!

Re your second question: I don't know if they do one-day promos. I'd have to check. But I know they prefer three days. One day to get people aware, the second is usually peak downloads (by stats I read) and the third day is for last-chancers. Apparently it can also help to get a few sales even right after the free time is over, just because more people are aware of the book.

I'm useless in social media promos and stuff because I just do not have the free time to devote to it right now, and a person really needs to push their whatever-they're-pushing every darned day. But I do know, however, that there are people and also various "looking for properties" (script and story ideas) businesses who download darned near every book that people offer free via Amazon. They read a little of each and if they like it, they keep reading. So, it's one way to get some promo going.

edit on 20/2/17 by JustMike because: My computer doesn't know that "juts" and "just" are not interchangeable. Spell checker has its limits!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes we do and I am grateful.

Just noticed that my 'posts' count will shortly be 6666. I don't know whether to slow down or speed up, lol.
(don't want to wake up groggy in the morning and see that...already feeling jinxed!!)

That is all.
jacy

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Anyway, enough of my self-promo stuff for this week or month!

Gone midnight here already and the pumpkin's mice have already run away...

I'll catch you all tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join