It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Interesting - I may need to check out this phenomenon, particularly for when I'm writing, methinks.

Gracias!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

De nada.

I wish I could post a few of the videos, but I'm on a phone right now.

edit on 6-4-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

No, just Gordi who I originally replied about with his magic Nan's water
I'm keen to learn more.

Hi sandy,
My post was a reply to JacK regarding the method he shared for dehydrating water in THIS POST HERE
I guess there are different ways to skin a cat? But the trick is definitely to get ALL of the moisture out of the water.

G

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ah shed fiction, sorry went over my head, I'll leave y'all to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Marty had forgotten all about Gordi riding on her pig tails. As Night and her magical companions suddenly appear in the forest Marty runs over to give them a hug and try to explain all the craziness that is taking place.
We must find the Good Witch, Night. We have all kinds of problems and they seem to be spreading! I'm afraid to touch anything or even look at something too long right now.
Marty placed Gordi in the pouch of Nightstar’s hood.
Here Pesky, keep up with him. We can’t lose him!”

"So where do we find this Good Witch? Wait, is that Gordi?" asked Shepherd as he walked up cradling a slender, unconscious, red-haired woman in a silvery-green dress, his staff strapped to his back. asked Shepherd as he walked up cradling a slender, unconscious, red-haired woman in a silvery-green dress, his staff strapped to his back.

One of the other pixies, in a red dress with tiny red-and-white striped stockings - flitted over to Shepherard "What did you do to Visaera?" she demanded in a piping little voice, complete with a finger wagging at his face.

"Me? I didn't do - " Shepherd hesitated and she gave him a stern hands-on-hips kind of look. "Well, OK, it was an accident!" he replied defensively. "Ease up. How are we supposed to find this Good Witch?" he addressed the rest of the group. "I'm completely useless. I've lost my magic, so I can't open any portals, otherwise I could probably get at least a few of us wherever she is.

Take another driiiiink WATRRRR!!!!!"
Teeny wee Gordi shouted with all of his strength, but it was no use. Shep and the others couldn't hear his tiny voice muffled by the folds of Nightstar's hood.
He slumped back down into the dark velvety pouch and looked across to see a tall, slender and very beautiful girl who, it seemed, had just appeared from nowhere!
She had the smoothest, most flawless skin and the biggest, most beautiful eyes that Gordi had ever seen, and for the first time in many a year... the Big man felt himself blushing in her presence.

"uhm...h... hello there... Ah... ah didn't see you there for a second... ah'm Gordi an ah seem tae be a wee bit... lost or... somethin...?"

Pesky pulled her face into a quizzical and derisory pout, before sticking her tongue out, fluttering her wings and shaking her head at the silly & shrunken Scotsman who apparently didn't even recognise her!

Pesky pulled her face into a quizzical and derisory pout, before sticking her tongue out, fluttering her wings and shaking her head at the silly & shrunken Scotsman who apparently didn't even recognise her!

"hmmm, maybe I could have some FUN with THIS!!"
****************************************************************************************************************************************************** *

Night Star hugged Marty back, so happy to see her old friend again, even if it was under strange and scary circumstances. She hugged Shep as well and didn't ask for an explanation about Visaera. She figured there had to be a good one.The lovely Elf tried to keep calm. "The white witch resides deep in the forest. We have some traveling to do and the quicker the better". The sun had disappeared behind the clouds earlier and now it began to rain softly."

Night couldn't help but stifle a laugh about Gordi's transformation. Pesky on the other hand moved a little further away in the silk lined hood from Gordi. She knew he was a human friend, but he was never this small and never looked at her like THAT before. "Just stay in your corner and keep calm. So far, there hasn't been a situation we haven't been able to get out of with the help of all the Sheddites, though these are rather challenging circumstances. You can use your sword like mine now, as a needle in the eye of any enemy. The little pixie knew of the brave Sir Gordi of the Shedlands, but had no idea how to deal with this miniaturized and fearful version.

edit on 6-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Yup. There's a few, Hour-long Epic Music videos around on YouTube. They sound like epic movies soundtracks, pretty cool. They make you want to grab the World by the horns. Well, in Night Star's case, the Doctor by the horns.

I usually use the epic music while writing. I didn't this last time, but It is inspiring. I'm afraid I won't have time for that tomorrow though.

Thanks guys for the courage!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Few days late with this one!

Too funny!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You mean, it was an April's Fool prank?

Whew. I'm relieved to see it was just a joke. My brain was starting to overheat.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I think there's a cooling system for that these days. Dihydrogen Oxide kept at precisely 277.6 kelvin, I believe, is considered a biological refrigerant for homo sapiens, unless of course, it has been de-hydrated.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Thank you for the spring greeting Mate, the flowers are so pretty. And they are fortunate to be in your yard where they are appreciated.
Squirrel on wood is a nice first attempt, knowing you, you will soon create a mural on a five hundred year old slice of oak fished out of the swamps. That stuff is very pricy.
I like the rustic non polished look, but the saw must have been dull. The cut isn't even.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Dihydrogen Oxide kept at precisely 277.6 kelvin, I believe, is considered a biological refrigerant

Hmmm, 277.6 kelvin = 40.01 Fahrenheit, wouldn't that inhibit all brain function.

....unless of course, it has been de-hydrated.

Well of course, de-hydrated it would, eh, well we all know what would happen then, right.

While we are discussing temperatures, I am fascinated by Absolute Zero. -273.15 Celsius (-459.67 F) or zero degrees kelvin. All motion stops. I could relate this to apparent brain activity in some people in RL but that would be overtly rude so I will just voice it in here.
Uhh now I want to know more about this. What a rush
edit on 6-4-2017 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

Would that make it a Black Hole?
edit on 6-4-2017 by WalkInSilence because: No one else does it why should I

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Share time.
I usually wouldn't share my dreams and definitely not in the appropriate forum to be picked apart.
And I am not sure it was a dream.

I wake up because a blazing bright light is shining through the window by the bed just to the right of my head.
Sam, beagle, is starring at it, looks at me when I touch him. The light gets even brighter, almost physical as if it has texture.
This is where it gets blurry, I scream, Bloody Mary, but I am not sure it is before or after it went away.
And I am thinking it is odd how the curtains seemed different.

No, no one could have shone a light through the window. Unless they sat ten feet up on the shed.
Probably was a very vivid dream.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Correct, it would inhibit all brain function if used directly upon the brain without any kind of appropriate heat exchanger. It would be akin to dumping a load of liquid nitrogen on a running car engine, probably with less spectacular but more grotesque results.

However, that is not how cooling systems typically function, and as such, it is generally administered through the appropriate input/fill port, at which time it is passed through the organic heat exchanger and serves to help regulate said system to it's optimal operating temperature of 310.15 Kelvin.

WIS, I really do love your posts. How long would you like to continue our entertaining metaphor?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Correct, it would inhibit all brain function...... It would be akin to dumping a load of liquid nitrogen on a running car engine, probably with less spectacular but more grotesque results.

Are we discussing the effects of our school system and or politics? It sounds so familiar.
No dumping.

However, that is not how cooling systems typically function, and as such, it is generally administered through the appropriate input/fill port, at which time it is passed through the organic heat exchanger and serves to help regulate said system to it's optimal operating temperature of 310.15 Kelvin.

Normal body temperature. But weren't we discussing a biological refrigerant? Your suggestion relates to embalming if I am not totally of kilter, leading in a whole different direction. Or are you talking about cars?

This is Swannes fault, he was the one with the over heated brain.

How long would you like to continue our entertaining metaphor?

Infinitely. Since it is a time frame with out boundaries we can proceed or ...not. All will be present in due time.
edit on 6-4-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Oh Bother

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Actually, all I was really referring to was drinking water at a delicious temperature of about 40 F when you're hot, for example, after exercising or when your brain has overheated.

And yes, I blame swanne also. (Still love ya, though, swanne.
)

Infinitely. Since it is a time frame with out boundaries we can proceed or ...not. All will be present in due time.

Of course - since you are a permanent resident of said infinity then you are always in the present, yes?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Watching some college hockey between Denver University and the Fightin' Irish of Notre Dame.

Denver is kicking Notre Dame's ass 5 - 0 at the end of two periods.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I didn't realize we had so many Shedites who are scientifically inclined. I feel like I'm hanging out at the cool kids table. I have absolutely nothing to offer, but I shall sit and listen. I'm wondering about the dream Wis had that may or may not have been a dream.

You guys can help get my mind off my anxiety. Then again, I am all over the place tonight trying to free that beast, the anxiety, not a real beast. Looks around...nope, don't see any beasties.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

I'm not into sports, but part Irish, so I'll go with the fighting Irish. Let me know if I win. lol

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: grainofsand

You mean, it was an April's Fool prank?

Whew. I'm relieved to see it was just a joke. My brain was starting to overheat.

I think we were kind of hoping that someone would try it out and let us know how they got on?
Here - have some re-hydrated water to cool you down....

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join