It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

a reply to: swanne

I'm good.
Going to an '80's revival party tomorrow night.... this could get messy!

Wig? check
Shades? check
Horrible Hawaiian Shirt? check
You can see where this is headed...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good mor ning, my dears!

Sending love to you all!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It is a nice way to start Fridays, but it's EARLY.

(In my best Gauntlet narrator voice)
*Shepherd needs caffeine...badly!*

Hi to everyone else! Gordi, swanne, Skid, Shred, and Zos!

*Shep double-checks the list to see if I missed anyone....!*

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi Shep!
I'm currently on my 4th and final cup o caffeine

Have a wonderful Friday!
Today is a great day to get all decked out.. wow this lady has got it going on!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Wow, that is an AWESOME outfit! Not sure I'd get Mrs. Shepherd into it though. LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Gordi that sounds absolutely amazing!!!! We expect pictures!!!

Good morning Zos! I love that you travel around with a soundtrack!

A good cup of coffee can solve many problems….

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have posted another batch of episodes to the Falling thread. Again, these are scenes that have already been posted in the Shed - episodes 9-17. There have been small editing changes, but nothing earth shattering. If you are interested, here it is:
Falling: An Epic Fantasy

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Right? I've had two coffees and one spiced black tea. I think I'm good - time for herbals and water now, I think, until the cappuccino machine at the dealership.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Ha. It would definitely make me look ridiculous. I'm glad someone can rock it though.

Hi, Jess, good morning! Yes, so true that music is a big part of my life

Hope it's a great day for you and yours

edit on 31-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yeah, it would make me look ridiculous too.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Shred, I am so sorry that you and the Mrs. have been through so much, but glad that you are now turning your life around for the better. We are here for you Sweetie! I wish you and your little family all the best!

Jess What a lovely good morning butterfly!
I hope nothing breaks at work so you don't have to fix it.

Shep, I hope the repair bill to your van isn't as high as you expect. Damned vehicles always seem to need something.

Swanne,Hello John, my colorful friend! Hope your day is going well!

Skiddy, I'm still laughing. I gave you enough time to change your response in that thread. I mentioned my mistake in here and in that thread. Sheesh, next time I'll send you a private message. I almost did actually. LOL!

Gordi, an 80's party? Oh please take pics for us! I would love to see that! I don't see Jacy in here yet, so yes, you're safe...for now. LOL

Zoz, lovely tune! Sending love right back at ya! Oh, I'm on my second cup of coffee so I have to catch up to you. Well, maybe one more anyway.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Yeah, it would make me look ridiculous too.

Me too! It would have to come in a much larger size!!!!! LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hello Miss Night!! How are you today? So far your wish is working...shhhhhh don't tell anyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well, if they have to do the maximum it will be well over $2200. But, there's a possibility they won't have to do about $400-500 of it, so one can hope.

With cars, I try to expect the worst. That way I'm not unpleasantly surprised.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi Jess! I've been up since 10 am which is early for me, so I'm kind of sleepy. Watching UFO/Alien vids. LOL

Hi Shep! Yikes! Hope you don't have to spend that much!

If I disappear it's because I either took off for a nap or got lost in youtube land. I'll be checking in as long as I'm awake and functioning. I don't want to have more than my 3 cups of coffee, it's hard enough to sleep at night.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Find us something good to watch...if you are interested in hackers here is a cool video
You might not find it as interesting but I thought it was a very interesting watch

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
After much time coming to grips with all of my ideas and laying down lots of material and groundwork, I have come up with a decent and short Prologue to a story. Forgive any mistakes if I miss them. I'm only ever able to use my phone.

Tribe

Prologue

"Ever since the beginning of mankind, people have always sought knowledge which would improve one's convenience, well-being, and even power over other people. At certain milestones throughout history, there were long plateaus of development eventually surpassed by spikes in human achievement. Recorded history tells us how these things inevitably came to be. There was the use of the environment as tools to manipulate the environment, there was fire, there was the wheel, and so on and so forth. Eventually, civilisations had grown and were thriving. Certain civilizations possessed their own knowledge and skills due to the differences in their environment and their religious beliefs.

What recorded history doesn't tell us is that those skills went far beyond what we've been instructed to believe. Those things which require heavy, complex machinery and computers today were once accomplished via more efficient and sometimes even seemingly magical means.

Within these civilisations there were certain tribes that were entrusted with particular knowledge and skills. These tribes would be the focus of the power of each nation. Over time, tribes waged war with each other for not only land, but also for their knowledge. Some tribes worked together to create masterful skills, but eventually even they would battle for the results of their experiments.

The world as it was known then was immersed in terrible wars with terrible creatures and terrible power. The destructive power of these tribes was so great that most of the evidence would be completely disintegrated. Deserts were formed and became widespread because of these wars. The sand would be the only remnants of these wars, such was the destructive power of these forces.

One tribe did succeed in defeating all the others. The leaders of that tribe declared dominance and decreed peace throughout the world. Now, there was one tribe which possessed immense knowledge and power. Because of jealousy, the government of the tribe was divided into sections:

To - The Power of Paralyzing Beauty
Et - The Power of Physical Entanglement
Sap - The Power of Mental Influence
Bun - The Power of Natural Law Modification
Nich - The Power of Imaginative Regeneration
Wa - The Power of Counting Light
Ir - The Power of World Construction

Each of these seven had rule and performed checks and balances against eachother. They called their government The Tribe, signifying unity between all the people.

Inevitably, The Tribe didn't last very long. Because of the harsh dominance of The Tribe, the people soon revolted. Everyone belonging to one of the seven powers was eventually killed. The people hated the powers so much that they eventually declared to live simply again, even at the cost of their backs, making a pact with eachother to immigrate far and wide and settle their own respective lands, leaving all traces of the former power behind.

However, there was one woman from Wa, the Power of Counting Light, who survived. Because of her power and her genius with the skill, she foresaw the events and left the Tribe. She calculated where all the people would go after they went their separate ways. Since most would travel back to known lands, she would travel a strict path to settle in an otherwise obscure land. Because of that power of Counting Light, she was even able to see thousands of years into the past and into the future.

Knowing that she was pregnant, now one of two survivors of The Tribe, the woman made sure to find a place where she could begin to raise a new generation.

Her name is still only known as Mother."

"Wow, Dad. That's a wild story. I mean, I know that you're Sinis Nato, the man behind the greatest tech in the world... But that kinda sounds crazy. I mean, someone who can see thousands of years into the future?"

Sinis stared at his teenage son wondering where he went wrong with this one who always acted as ignorant as he looked.

"Dad? Hay-low..."

"Do you know why I gave you your name?

"Because 'Time is precious!' Yeah, thanks for that. Now everyone asks me the time. Like I know?"

"Your name describes and defines you. Get ready for school. I would say, 'Don't be late', but..."

Sinis waved his hand up and down at his son and turned himself back to his monitor. He hit a few keystrokes and then leaned back in his seat. His eyes locked into the office door. Time was neither seen nor heard leaving.

"His speed never fails to amaze even me. It won't be too long now before all the pieces come together. My light is fading, but another light will soon be. And when that finally happens..."

Sinis pulled out a cheap cigar with the words "It's A Girl!" printed onto the paper-crowned cellophane. He ripped the wrapping off as if it was the very obstacle he worked so hard to overcome.

"Patience... Is learned in time."

He opened up a drawer filled with cigar papers that all said, "It's A Girl!". He tossed the wrapping in and closed the drawer.

"Just five more years. That's when my light fades and the new light is born... And that light will be mine."

Sinis lit the cheap cigar with a cheap purple lighter. He then grimaced and coughed as he puffed.

"I will never get used to cheap tobacco."

He turned his chair towards the window behind him, looking out at the city in its morning glory with the golden sunrise illuminating one side of his face, leaving the other side dark. Then the city begins to suddenly grow, the lights grow brighter, and a metal dome covers the entire city. There are screams and explosions. There are helicopters and rifle-fire. Then the scene fades away as quickly as it came.

"Five short years. Hm."

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta
Tarzan - I don't want you to think I am not reading. I am at work right now. I just wanted to let you know that I will read and comment on it in a little bit! Woohoo!!! More stories to read!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

*slow clap*

Oh heck yeah, TzB - I'll be wanting more of that, yes I will.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Tarzan, I am already drawn into this story! I can't wait to see what happens next! Thank you!

Jess, I'll click on your vid in a minute, I am trying desperately to stay awake here. LOL

Shep, I left stars for you in your story thread.

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join