It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Night Star

The problem with foxes is their weird call. I heard one some morning - weirdest thing I ever heard, it woke me up much alarmed.

Hey John!

One of the scariest things I ever heard... like a Baby Screaming!
Just a Fox, but it was out on a tiny wee country road, right by the woods!

ugh - I felt so stupid when I had figured out what had scared me so much!!! LOL

link   
a reply to: swanne

What did you think there was a big foot wandering around out there? LOL!
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I have seen vids of people who have rescued and kept them as pets and they are just like having a dog. I'm happy with my cat, turtle and fish. Much easier to care for.

link   
So I have considered what manner of story to write and now I have a few ideas.

A few things I realized as I was smoking those cigarettes:

1) Nearly invariably, heroes have messed up pasts

2) Nearly invariably, villains have at least some exposure to a typical nuclear lifestyle

3) Stories tend to start dynamically with development coming in gradually

4) Most likely, every kind of story that can be written has been written, so I can only produce originality of any kind through my own life experiences, which are uncommon, but bold to say utterly unique

5) The imagination is easy to entertain, but difficult to grasp

6) Anyone who knows an author, if they have any sense, will not only discern the author's inspiration, but may even likely be offended by it

7) And yet, unique stories which possess the common necessities such as love, drama, humor, fantasy, and theory come to be every day; but there is something particularly satisfying about a story which can be convincing as theoretically possible, regardless of the outer limits it reaches in its spectacle

So... Now that I've considered the information which I've gathered so far, I will test myself as to which of these natural guidelines I will use and which ones I will toss.

This will become interesting for me.

Look for his name: Sinis Nato

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Oh hello Gordi! You snuck up on me! How are you today? I need to start some Spring cleaning soon, so will be popping back in later. Ok, I'll read a few more threads first, then I will get to cleaning.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I could handle silverfish. We get Asian Ladybeetles and spiders. Last fall we found an absolutely huge spider (as in, if I had put it in my hand it would have nearly filled my palm). I think it was either a wolf spider or a dark fishing spider. Those dark fishing spiders can get huge.

Don't generally mind our 8-legged friends because they clean up other bugs. BUT, don't like 'em crawling on me either. Eek!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes indeed you do, friend.

I think the dust is affecting my DNA, but I think it'll be okay.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Hello again Tarzan! Good luck with your writing endeavors!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Ok, that freaked me right the hell out! Spiders? OMG...RUN!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Good ship Sheddiness

HAHA! I like it, Gordi!

a reply to: TarzanBeta

After that, young man, I expect to be amazed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I was sitting in bed with Mrs. Shepherd the other evening watching "Luther" on Netflix. We watched as this little parson spider (I think it was a parson) made it's way on the ceiling, directly above me. Then fell.

Mrs. Shep laughed her pretty little backside off at how fast I got out of bed and ripped my sweatshirt off to make sure the little bugger wasn't still crawling down my back.

*shudders*

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

My favourite spiders are orb-weavers. Some of those are beautiful. And jumping spiders are fun, too. I saw one build itself a tiny, cylindrical house with its silk, and each dusk it would grab the borders of the cylinder with its legs and close it up for the night, as if it was a door!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I agree, they're great...

...when they're not ON YOU!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It sounds like a human voice wailing in some creepy way... Not something I was expecting to hear while sleeping.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Oh yeah, I agree, they're great...

...when they're not ON YOU!

They are usually pretty calm and won't bite if they don't feel threatened. I held many spiders in my hands, if you're calm with them they'll simply assume they're walking on the ground. Fun fact, the abdomen of orb-weavers are as soft as velvet.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have actually seen a spider or two that were actually pretty, but...do not move from your spot, or you die! I know they are living things and hate to kill anything, but spiders and mosquitos and certain things I just freak out and it's like a war dance. I call it my spider dance where I jump up and down and yell and scream, "KILL IT! KILLIT!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

HAHA! I don't like ot kill them either. The SHepherditos call in "Arachnid Control" when they come tell me there's a spider in their room. I get a jar and a piece of paper and relocate the little guy (or the BIG guy in a couple cases) to premises outside, but I don't squash them.

Alright Shedisans, gotta run - TTYL!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

LOL! TRUE! I made mud pies, you might have tasted one or two of them.

Reminded me of the time where my 4 year old Great Nephew had to show me how to operate which remote controls first so we could watch a movie. Boy did I feel dumb! My husband has all these remotes instead of just one. We had to use three. Sometimes I would get confused. Mark wasn't home that day so I told him I would call his Mom who lived downstairs at the time. He said, "No, I do it!" And...much to my surprise, he did!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I can't wait for the hummingbirds to fly around... Those birds are a favourite of mine. Whenever I see one I just can't help but admire their awesome flight skills.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

In any instances, they eat mosquitoes. The spiders, I mean, not the Shepherditos.

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join