It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Holy Quiet Shed, Batman!

Anyone home today?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sorry crazy busy. Starting projects, working on projects, getting ready for projects.....

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

No worries. I was just fishing - case of work reluctance today.

I suspect folks may be more focused on current events, actually. But, I will not detail that here in this place.

Talk to you later, Admin!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Don't work too hard! I'm afraid I may know what you mean
Hope you have a good evening Shep!

Where is the rest of our crew? Do we need to send out the search dragons?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hi folks,

@Night - I'm going to be offline for a few days - No need to send the dragons this time!

@Jacy - Did you get my PM the other day?

@Mike - sorry I missed you yesterday!

@everyone else - Have a great few days... I'll see you all soon.

G

PS - @Jessie - synchronicity or what??? (Don't send the dragons out!!! LOL)

PPS - COOL Batman GIF!!
edit on 22-3-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hello to my fellow lovely friends!
Found this artist yesterday.. how did he escape my radar?
Odilon Redon

Hope all my dear sheddites have a wonderful day!
(btw-- had to go back to my old avatar.. I missed my old snail home--just more me I guess.. so I do have a lovely goddess avatar up for grabs if anyone's interested!)

edit on 22-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Well hello Zosimov. I like the snail home, although the goddess avatar was cool too.

Neat painting...

*Shepherd does some quick searching*

Fascinating diversity in his paintings!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Well hello Zosimov. I like the snail home, although the goddess avatar was cool too.

Neat painting...

*Shepherd does some quick searching*

Fascinating diversity in his paintings!

Hi Shepherd! Isn't his work interesting? I read up a bit and apparently the early darker charcoal sketches gave way to the later pastels/vivid colors/holy subjects. Fascinating indeed!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I saw that progression as well - Wikipedia has quite a few images of his paintings. Apparently he became more interested in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Japonism later in his life - hence the more spiritual subject matter later on.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Nice! I stumbled on one of his last night (cyclops) and was drawn right in..
The colors he uses are so appealing to me.. as is his subject matter- even the early creepies catch my attention!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm still here!! .... For now. *sends a wink before performing her customary shifty eyes*

Shep - Thank you for your words. My son is very very very rambunctious, but also very shy. He's usually uncomfortable around a lot of strangers, and strange kids, and even though he's been at his daycare for 2 years now he's only -just- starting to open up and be more accepting of the people there. It's given me a lot of thought towards his future schooling. He is a very intelligent little boy, he'll be 4 in May and can count to 50, knows his ABC's and surprised me by reciting them backwards with no guide, can read fairly well, is happy and curious and crazy on occasion! But emotionally unprepared for what's to come and I hate how kids these days are expected to grow up so very quickly. He's supposed to start schooling next year, and at this stage I don't think him to be ready. But we'll see what comes.

As for my little ramble yesterday, it was mostly in regards to what other people must think. I live in a little country town in Australia, and little country towns here are known for the typical "unemployed single mother". I was mostly concerned that people who witnessed my son and I walking in the rain with no raincoat or umbrella or anything would lift their nose upwards and scoff, thinking me to be nothing but a dumb "bogan" (as we call them - i.e. white trash).

And now after the day has passed, I couldn't care less. Who cares what other people think, right? He enjoyed his outing in the rain, and he had a nice warm shower and a change of clothes and some hot chippies when we got back home. He was happy and had fun and that's all that mattered.

ANYWAY!!!
Giant wall of rambling side!

Mass Effect: Andromeda was released at 11pm last night for me, while I was fast asleep. Because I tend to pass out by 9:30pm these days. My son goes to daycare today, and I am very muchly looking forward to losing myself in another galaxy

I hope everyone has or has had a lovely day today. And I offer my *hugs* to those who need them.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Everyone knows youre a amazing mother.

Your son is very bright and learns very fast. Hes a bit of a late bloomer but so was i. I think hell be fine next year in school.

All your neighbors know you for being the sweet kind and bubbly woman and mother that you are. And they gotta know your son is happy by all the constant giggling they must hear coming through the walls by the adorable little guy.

Youve raised a good boy who is polite. Likes to help out around the house. Already is involved in chores like misting your beautiful plants and loves to help you cook.

If that werent so your son wouldnt proudly exclaim "thats my mom!😀" while pointing you out to everybody.

As for Andromeda. You deserve a treat as does any single mom who spends the time to love her child properly. I say spend the day getting wisked away to another galaxy. We here all at the shed wish you a amazing bon voyage and look forward to hearing of your exploits as you explore a new world.

edit on 22-3-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hi...that was lovely.

I just had to tell you that.

kaelci...You're a delight! and a truly talented writer. Please try to ignore the opinions of others, they don't know you and their judgement is all about THEM anyway.
People who "look down" on you actually look down on themselves, and they are projecting that onto you. Most people walking around are so wrapped up in themselves, their own lack of self esteem...their problems...that they really barely see anyone else. (and when they do they're usually very judgy...it's a give-away!)
Please keep on being yourself and enjoy every adventure with your son.
All those judgy people likely have kids who are glued to screens or monitors, and wished they had parents who took them out to play in the rain.

Hi everybody!
I only came to lurk, but I got a bit emotional while reading through the pages...and by the time I got to kaelci and BASSPLYR I wanted to respond.
jacy

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi jacy👋*waves*

Friends can call me Dave. 😊

Thank you for the kind words regarding kaelci. She is a delite and you are right about judgemental people and their often denengrating opinions.

I too think that kaelci will be one hell of a writer one day. And successful too.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yikes, I'm all behind. I'll be reading everything I missed. Hello everyone!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Being a parent - even of a "perfect model" child - is just plain hard. I do not know how single parents of either gender accomplish it with their sanity intact. You have the right attitude - IMNSHO. Don't allow other's biases and presuppositions to define your idea of right and good.

I'd have to say to the schooling issue "no rush" but I don't know how school works in Australia.

Listen to BASSPLYR, not naysayers.

a reply to: jacygirl
Hi Jacy!

they don't know you and their judgement is all about THEM anyway.
People who "look down" on you actually look down on themselves, and they are projecting that onto you. Most people walking around are so wrapped up in themselves, their own lack of self esteem...their problems...that they really barely see anyone else. (and when they do they're usually very judgy...it's a give-away!)

This ^^^^^
Yes. And, yes!
edit on 3-22-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Or are those trains wearing high heels for an expected date with Thomas.

Bahahaha! Trains with high heels!

Good to see you Pheonix! It's been a while and I've been wondering how you were.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Martin, your words in blue were just lovely!

Shep, great story entry! You responded to Mike with the following quote.

...And yet I have a feeling, though, from the small glimpses of your heart you've shown here, that for you it is not a sacrifice, nor a solemn duty. It just is. It is what we do when we love someone.

It is indeed my friend. As my Parents aged and had many, many visits to emergency rooms and needing help at home to continue living in their home, it's like I couldn't do enough for them. With all my Parents had done for me through the years and all the love and support they gave, it was not a burden. The hardest part was watching as they slowly declined and became weaker. They both were able to remain in their home until they passed away in a hospital. Dad was in his late eighties and Mom was ninety one. They both lived very long and happy lives being loved by their family and that is what matters most.

Mike is giving Dada all the love and comfort he possibly can. He is an amazingly wonderful person and from what I hear, so is Dada. Love is a powerful thing.

Kaelci, you are just a delightful young lady with a gorgeous little boy who is adored and cherished. You are a great Mom and a great writer. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Andromada...oooooh!

Dave, soooo good to see you, it's been too long my friend!

You know what? It's funny how we all put so much weight sometimes on the negative things people may say or think. Let us all focus on the amazing people that we are, all unique and beautiful souls who affect each other and send ripples out into the world with our shining light and love.

Gordi, you will be missed, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. We will be here waiting with open arms and doors and donuts and stuff. HUGS!

Zoz, I have to admit that I am glad to see your old avatar back. The other one was lovely, but I always found this one with the snail house so enchanting and unique. Love the artwork you shared. I love art!

Jacy, I see you were here and went flit poof! Sorry I missed you Hun!

Chooch, I ended going to sleep and forgot to say goodnight to you.

edit on 22-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We have a number of members here who are in need of prayers, hugs, positive vibes or whatever. Please keep The Shed folks in your thoughts and all of our ATS family as well who may need it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I pop in and this the first sentence I see.

Gordi, you will be missed, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. We will be here waiting with open arms and doors and donuts and stuff. HUGS!

Some one please tell me what is going on. This is not funny.
EDIT.
Oh I see. A few days!!! I imagined a terminal illness, The Scottish Exodus, Sorry silly me, worried about some one leaving an online community.
But that is the essence of it. Community.

edit on 22-3-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Bah Humbug

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join