It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Gordi placed his hand on the door handle, paused... just for a second - listening intently - and then slowly... carefully... slid open the Shed's back door, took one last deep breath.... and stepped out onto the back porch.

“Gordi, wait!” Marty runs and hands Gordi a flask. “The pixies have mixed the potion. It is very strong so only a drop will be needed”.

As Marty handed the flask over, a shapeless figure descended from the sky, swiftly stole the flask, and flied back up in the sky. As the figure stood still in midair, hovering, one could see that it was a pegasus.

"Hm", Swan said mischievously. "I wonder what this 'strong' potion does? "

Swan giggled to himself as he inspected the flask:
"should I take a drop? Or a whole sip? Ooh, I could distribute its content across the sky for everyone to have some! It'd be a pretty good prank! "

Gordi FROZE as he heard the flask being whipped from Marty's grasp.

"whit thuh...?"
He spun around just as it was being swooped out of his reach... he quickly drew his sword, looked towards the strange hovering figure, and said:
"Careful there Laddie! ye dinnae ken the likes o' whit yer dealin' wi there! Now... hand it back... really gentle like!"
Marty watched in horror as the strange struggle for the flask unfolded.
"Oh no! What have we just done?"
Marty exclammed as she watched the flask tumble end of end through the air. The sun cast a reflection and it looked like fairy dust falling through the air. This can't be good, can't be good at all!

As the dust fell Swan smiled, and hurried to open his mouth, catching a few drops of the potion on his tongue. The rest of the potion fell unto the nearby pond, which became shimmering.

However, Swan's face changed from a satisfied smile to one of surprise, as suddenly, his pegasus wings disappeared! And he fell from the sky yelling, and finally crash-landed right unto Gordi with a loud thump.

"Uh?! " Swan said. "My wings! I lost my wings! I'm a wing-less horse!! How hideous! "

Of course, Swan's misfortune was rather amusing for the other two, albeit Swan's weight was starting to become unbearable.

PrairieShepherd watched the whole thing from the meadow where the Flock was grazing. The woman he had rescued from the demon - Lissa - ran in and among the giant rams playing with her three children. Visaera sat on his shoulder, watching Swan with fascination.

Jacy ran to the kitchen window after hearing the commotion outside. Sophie was jumping up and down exclaiming, "This isn't good! This isn't good!"
Both girl and ferret watched as Gordi pulled himself from underneath the now wingless Swan.

"Wasn't that the pixie anti-magic concoction?" jacy asked her sidekick. "What was Gordi doing with that?"
"Hopefully going to bury it somewhere!" Sophie replied. "In small amounts it takes away our magic for a period of time...but in large quantities, who knows what could happen!!?"
Then she scampered out the door to warn Shep and the others.

Good morning All!
Not feeling to perky this morning, but wanted to play along!
jacy

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Oh that just opens up all SORTS of possibilities! Well done Jacy!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

lol, thanks Shep.

I swear if it wasn't for Sophie I'd never have a clue what was going on around here!

Oh, I loved your last story chapter by the way. It's got it's "claws into me" hehe...kinda like Game of Thrones did.
Now I'm just worried about who you and your "icy chip" might kill off.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sorry you are starting off blah this morning. Loved the potion idea....this is so fun!

I am actually working today. They are taking a huge update today and I was just informed that a code overlay has hosed our lab results!!!! OMG! OK guys will be gone for a bit...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hey Marty!!

I'm not quite sure what you just said, but I recognize the OMG! (so it must be serious!).
I hope it all gets fixed for you...the nerve of them expecting you to work a Thursday, eh?

Yeah, my day began with blood/urine tests at the lab, so by the time I got my morning coffee I was already cranky and fed up, lol. I figured some quality time here would set me in a better mood before I have to take lunch to the Mama.

Apart from random unexpected 'hosings'...are you good?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!
I worked the midnight shift last night.
I got home at 6:30 am. I've now had four hours sleep.
I'm awake for now.
I've lot's of catching up to do and a lot of coffee to drink.
Until I return I will leave this with you.
A child tastes bacon for the first time.
A future Sheddite!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Awww, thanks Jacy. I'll post the next bit in a sec.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
originally posted by: jacygirl

Gordi placed his hand on the door handle, paused... just for a second - listening intently - and then slowly... carefully... slid open the Shed's back door, took one last deep breath.... and stepped out onto the back porch.

“Gordi, wait!” Marty runs and hands Gordi a flask. “The pixies have mixed the potion. It is very strong so only a drop will be needed”.

As Marty handed the flask over, a shapeless figure descended from the sky, swiftly stole the flask, and flied back up in the sky. As the figure stood still in midair, hovering, one could see that it was a pegasus.

"should I take a drop? Or a whole sip? Ooh, I could distribute its content across the sky for everyone to have some! It'd be a pretty good prank! "

"whit thuh...?"
He spun around just as it was being swooped out of his reach... he quickly drew his sword, looked towards the strange hovering figure, and said:
"Careful there Laddie! ye dinnae ken the likes o' whit yer dealin' wi there! Now... hand it back... really gentle like!"
Marty exclammed as she watched the flask tumble end of end through the air. The sun cast a reflection and it looked like fairy dust falling through the air. This can't be good, can't be good at all!

As the dust fell Swan smiled, and hurried to open his mouth, catching a few drops of the potion on his tongue. The rest of the potion fell unto the nearby pond, which became shimmering.

However, Swan's face changed from a satisfied smile to one of surprise, as suddenly, his pegasus wings disappeared! And he fell from the sky yelling, and finally crash-landed right unto Gordi with a loud thump.

"Uh?! " Swan said. "My wings! I lost my wings! I'm a wing-less horse!! How hideous! "

Of course, Swan's misfortune was rather amusing for the other two, albeit Swan's weight was starting to become unbearable.

PrairieShepherd watched the whole thing from the meadow where the Flock was grazing. The woman he had rescued from the demon - Lissa - ran in and among the giant rams playing with her three children. Visaera sat on his shoulder, watching Swan with fascination.

Jacy ran to the kitchen window after hearing the commotion outside. Sophie was jumping up and down exclaiming, "This isn't good! This isn't good!"
Both girl and ferret watched as Gordi pulled himself from underneath the now wingless Swan.

"Wasn't that the pixie anti-magic concoction?" jacy asked her sidekick. "What was Gordi doing with that?"
"Hopefully going to bury it somewhere!" Sophie replied. "In small amounts it takes away our magic for a period of time...but in large quantities, who knows what could happen!!?"

Gordi struggled to his feet, slightly stunned and feeling a little ho(a)rse (cough!)... He looked down towards the un-corked flask and then quickly up towards the unsteady-looking Horse and beyond towards the pond, which was now bubbling, hissing, smoking & splashing... Its surface growing ever darker - This could mean ONLY ONE THING!!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Link to all my story posts in Sheds 11, 12 and 13
(Shed 14) Page 6 - The Cipher
(Shed 14) Page 20 - Kaena Returns
(Shed 14) Page 29 - As Good as a Death Sentence
(Shed 14) Page 32 - A Vow by the Lake
(Shed 14) Page 38 - A Bottle of Ink
(Shed 14) Page 41 - Kaena's Mistake
(Shed 14) Page 54 - A Command Performance
(Shed 14) Page 55 - A Cautious Offer
(Shed 14) Page 59 - The Water Drummer
(Shed 14) Page 65 - Regret
(Shed 14) Page 93 - A Limit of the Gift
(Shed 14) Page 93 - The Ambassador
(Shed 14) Page 98 - The Seeress's Secret, part 1

Today's episode: The Seeress's Secret, part 2

“Tell me what happened to her, Seer Ethenral,” she said quietly.

“We are not certain, Seeress. She refuses to talk. I believe she was…ah…assaulted, but of course we don’t know any of the circumstances.”

Siere approached the girl slowly, and began speaking too softly for Gaalen to hear, nodding to herself. He surveyed the sparse room quickly – a simple cot, two chairs, a small table, an iron brazier, and one window – open to one of the courtyards – that let in a fair amount of light. Across from the window was a small closet. He brought his attention back to Siere and the girl.

“Seer Ethenral, how did you get her in here?” Gaalen inquired.

“She was unconscious when we found her. When she woke up here in the room she gave Melann his black eye, there, and kicked Jystanaean in the…ah…” he glanced at Siere.

“Understood, Seer,” Gaalen bailed him out with a sympathetic wince.

Still speaking quietly, Siere had knelt down next to the girl, who shrank from her. It seemed she was trying to melt into the corner of the room. Siere reached an arm up to place it on her shoulder and the girl shrieked. In a flash she had the slender Seeress knocked to the flagstones and pinned, where she swiped and pummeled at Siere’s face.

Gaalen flew across the room and pulled the girl off of Siere. She twisted and turned her attack on him, snarling at him in rage and defiance. She scrabbled on the floor, kicking at his shins and trying to twist away. He got a good look at her face now, despite her unbound hair flying everywhere with her thrashing. She had been beaten, one eye swollen shut, cuts on cheeks, temple, and lips that were still bleeding, and everywhere purple. He wrestled her into a hold designed to keep her still, and felt a twinge in his kir. The girl had tried to Compel him! His temper rose.

“Do not hurt her, Lord Braeghe!” Siere commanded, climbing to her feet.

Irritated and unsure exactly what to do, Gaalen, released his hold on the girl, who retreated into the corner and once again curled into a ball, rocking.

A red welt and several scratches now decorated Siere’s face and neck. She gave them no notice, and approached the girl cautiously again. She pulled the hood of her cloak up and knelt, then folded her hands in her lap, facing the scraggly young woman. Gaalen remained ready to intercept if she attacked again.

“Seer, please have your acolytes wait just outside. We will need them shortly.”

The boys left and a hush descended on the room. Gaalen suspected she was using her power. It gave him the chills, being in the same room with it. Slowly the girl began to relax, not looking quite so wild. Siere’s breathing became faster and shallow, and her head sank forward slightly. At first he thought it was a trick of the light, that the girl looked better. But as the minutes wore on, he became certain of it – the bruises on her arms were fading, her breathing became slower, more relaxed, and she stopped rocking.

After a time, she let her knees down, and just sat in the corner. It appeared to Gaalen that the girl’s eyelids became heavy, and sure enough she eventually rested her head back into the corner. Gaalen could see her chest rise and fall in the slow, deep breaths of sleep. The bruises, cuts, and welts were all but gone.

Siere’s breathing had become labored as if with exertion though, and her hair was falling out of her hood, obscuring her face. Eventually she gasped, and swayed forward, catching herself with her hands on the floor. For a moment she remained that way, her chest heaving; then she knelt back and pulled her hood farther down. Gaalen moved over toward her.

“I have done what I can. Lord Braeghe, would you help me up please?” she asked him, her voice low and thick with exhaustion. He offered his arm to her, but as she slowly rose he realized he was doing most of the lifting. He slipped his arm around her to support her better.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

He had no idea it took so much out of a person. It seemed she flinched when he all but carried her to the corner of the cot.

“Seer, please have your acolytes take her home. She will recover better in her own bed. See she is given as much food and water as she wishes when she wakes, for at least three days. Instruct her family not to speak of this to her until I can visit them.”

Ethenral hesitated, fidgeting. “Seeress, the girl is a…child of the street.”

“You do not know where she is from?”

“No, Seeress, the lad Aertan found her east of the Temple, while returning from an errand. It is believed she is an urchin.”

“Her dress is too fine for that. If she is an urchin, she hasn’t been one for long. Perhaps she is a runaway,” Gaalen offered.

“She is neither a runaway, nor an urchin. But that can wait. She must be given a safe place to rest.”

“Here,” Gaalen said, surprising himself. He moved to the table a scrawled a quick note, folded it and sealed it with some white wax from the candle. Then he pressed his signet into it, and handed it to one of the acolytes. “Take her and this note to the Bastion. Tell the guards at each gate you have a message for Squire Joen from Lord Braeghe, and show them that seal. Tell Joen the girl is under my protection and is to be taken to Lady Commander Kaena Milaener. I will call upon the Lady Commander this evening. Do you understand?” The acolyte bobbed his head nervously, taking the parchment.

“Very well,” Siere said hoarsely, considering Gaalen with an unreadable look. “The rest of you, please give me some privacy. I must…rest.” Her head hung low, dark hair hiding her face.

The acolytes transferred the sleeping girl onto a litter and headed out of the room.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"whit thuh...?"

Gordi struggled to his feet, slightly stunned and feeling a little ho(a)rse (cough!)... He looked down towards the un-corked flask and then quickly up towards the unsteady-looking Horse and beyond towards the pond, which was now bubbling, hissing, smoking & splashing... Its surface growing ever darker - This could mean ONLY ONE THING!!

"Um, " Swan said sheepishly. "Oops. Isn't that the lake from which the Elves drink?... "

Swan stood back up:
"Looks like we've got a tiny journey to do... If you want, I can carry the luggage! "

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hm, sounds pretty bad. Good luck Jess!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Now that's a hill if it can make a grown man piss their pants!! One thing I don't really like about living down in a hal to three quarters of a mile wide valley is that there are really not any good hills to scare people on. As for the high school, most of the old high schools like that around here were built like that as well. The junior high I went to years ago was like that since it was a high school at one time. I just wish that I could have gotten photos of it before it was torn down.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

Advantage, sorry I missed that you had posted while I was still up! The pixies and faeries were just trying to get you out of hiding.

Nice to see everyone having fun in the collaborative story and I shall be reading along. I'll hang back for a bit and may just write in my own time line if folks don't mind. The copying becomes longer as the story goes along and I'm lazy and might not be able to add much of interest to make the story flow. I'm not at all against it, so please, don't anyone think that! It's fun and interesting and I just love that everyone is having fun with this.

I have laundry and other things to do, but I'll be popping in and out while dreaming of Spring. Love you all!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star! Spring is cool! But with you in the Shed, it's always Spring anyways!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
originally posted by: swanne

"whit thuh...?"

"Um, " Swan said sheepishly. "Oops. Isn't that the lake from which the Elves drink?... "

Swan stood back up:
"Looks like we've got a tiny journey to do... If you want, I can carry the luggage! "

PrairieShepherd walked up to the back porch, staff in hand and a small smile on his face. Lissa and her three children walked with him, and Visaera the Green Pixie rode on his shoulder.

"If there is need to undertake a journey, I will join you if you will have me. Ealong, the alpha ram, has offered to allow some of the Flock to bear our supplies, also, so you," he nodded to the now wingless pegasus, "do not have to."

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hi Shep! How's everybody doing?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was roaming around the Shed and I came across this.

When I went out into the garden I found him.

Well, Well, We have some special guests.

Happy St Patricks Day.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Leprechauns are way fatter than this.

Trust me.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Mostly doing alright. I've had an entertaining day though.

Walked into the office and had not even got my laptop docked before I started having a nosebleed. Dang thing bled for like 30 minutes! Here I am on the floor trying to get blood out of the carpet. Sheesh!

And apparently I've lost the ability to consume beverages. Twice today it's simply gone down the wrong pipe so my coworkers look at me like I'm going to collapse and die because of the ridiculous coughing fit I get into.

Oh well. It's all good.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hehe lol sorry mate!

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join