It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...Exorcisms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have a few questions regarding exorcisms. I am not Christian/Catholic/whoever practices it, so I don't really understand Exorcisms too much. I am sure someone here knows of them and can explain them to me.

What is it exactly? Driving out spirits from places? Or the destruction of spirits which have supposedly possessed someone? Or both?

Is it true that people have been killed as a result of exorcisms?

Where are the spirits sent? To 'hell' ? Or told to move on, to the light? Please explain and share your opinions on them.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticshadow
What is it exactly? Driving out spirits from places? Or the destruction of spirits which have supposedly possessed someone? Or both?

Driving the spirt out of the host

Is it true that people have been killed as a result of exorcisms?

One women was beaten during an exoricism, numerous people have been. i can not recall any deaths thou.

Where are the spirits sent? To 'hell' ? Or told to move on, to t
he light? Please explain and share your opinions on them.

Exorcisms drive out demons (mainly) from the host back to where it came from i.e lower levels of the spirt world, that we come to call hell.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think the idea is that they impose enough discomfort on the body of the possessed...starving, beating, binding, sprinkling with "holy water", praying constantly, that the demon can't possibly take it and leaves. And goes somewhere else, I guess...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Its the driving out of spirits who have totally possesed a soul. There was a lot of descriptions about Jesus
in the new testament driving out demons from people.

The whole world is a spiritual war for the soul, andthe closer you get t God the harder the war is.

Trust me ive felt possesed plenty of times, and have hated how I acted. Is a terrible feeling when you feel possesed with anger, or lust or anythin. Its frightening.

My aunt has some exercism tapes that I might check out, never seen them before but it would be interesting to watch an exercism on tap.

peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i lived by a catholic church when i was a teen. one night my sis and i were walking home and heard horrible unhuman sounds and screams coming form the basement of the church. an exorcism? that was our conclusion. i had nightmares for weeks. if a person is weak or suceptable enough i think maybe a negative energy could take them over...and lead to the expulsion of it by a leader of their preferred faith.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It often does no good to get rid of a Demon/whatever. If a person has something, and they don't fill the void that that thing posessed, it may come back with more of it's kind, if it's sentient.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i started a topic on this very subject in the "paranormal studies" page of this website and i got almost 17 responses. there are alot of books on this subject. ed and lorraine warren have quite a few, the book called is the demonologist and it gets into several stories and there is another one called beware the night by ralph sarchei (? on the last name) which is by an ex-cop who worked as an exorcist and then there is also malachi martin's hostage to the devil whick goes into great detail on 5 exorcisms. robert scott peck wrote a book on demonology that just barely came out. the movie Constantine is about to be released and it looks real good and is about exorcisms but i'm sure they are off about it. i have not personaly been involved in it but have had experiences with the occult and spiritual battles with the "fallen angel" but i definately believe in it. i hope it can help you a little. i am not endorsing any of the occult but study it to help others to get out of it and to know the enemy and his game. some people think you are a freak or a "satan"worshipper if you know or talk about him.

top topics

join