It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: reldra

I am going back next month for my mammogram

I thought PP does not preform mammograms?

I don't think they have the equipment. Perhaps some do or did.

They partner with other facilities, I believe.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: JAY1980

The office was not in the greatest neighborhood

And this doesn't tell you something?
You can research this for yourself. Just try and find a PP in an upper middle class predominantly white community using google maps. You put your "business" where your target consumers reside...

There is one here, it was just farther from me. In a predominately White neighborhood.

That was a really offensive post.

We have one in my predominately white neighborhood as well. I do live in an impoverished area though.

The one I am talking about is not an impoverished area, was just more difficult and slightly farther for me to get to.

Can you imagine PP paying the exorbitant rents in Beverly Hills?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: Annee

That's a strawman argument. Almost ALL Illegals are practicing Catholics and won't have an abortion or use contraceptives

The Catholic Abortion Paradox

Why are Catholic women in the U.S. more likely to have an abortion than their Protestant counterparts?

Read more at www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's a strawman argument. Almost ALL Illegals are practicing Catholics and won't have an abortion or use contraceptives

Why did the Pope feel the need to do this if Catholics don't get abortions?

Pope Francis extends Catholic priests' power to forgive abortion. www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I think the real question is, should people who don't support Planned Parenthood be forced by the government, by giving them tax dollars, to support something they don't want to? In particular when the only real reason is to use it for political fodder to divide and control people.

Asking people who honestly believe that abortion and infanticide are the same thing and don't want their tax dollars going to abortion providers no matter how it's used is absurd. I have not doubt if the wealthy progressives, of which I've shown just a few and the very vocal, very rich celebrities who also claim their support wanted to, they could easily fund PP.

Yes they should pay the same way a pacifists anti-war proponent must still pay taxes funding the DoD.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No matter how many conservatives want to push a false narrative about PP, it will not work.

I found them there for me when I was 13, 19, 25 and now. It is not an abortion warehouse sale.

It is a comfortable place for women to receive the medical services they need. From birth control to pre-natal services.

I know that irritates Conservatives for murky reasons. I am sure a couple are irritated I was able to easily get my preferred form of birth control and a nifty bag of condoms and a sticker and feel happy about it.

I am sure it irritates Conservatives that a couple young ladies might have been there for an abortion (not even sure that location does abortions), girls in their teens who are college students and need to continue in their life. Well, too bad.

There were also a few young men in there, who showed up alone, probably for STD tests. You don't have to wait for a bag of condoms, I was told. You can just walk in and ask without an appointment.

I am going back next month for my mammogram. I hope to see more young ladies there, trying their best.

I'm not a conservative. The facts are the facts. It's as much as an abortion clinic as it is a woman's medical facility. It is what it is. I don't want to fund it and I shouldn't have to!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

A study done by Guttmacher. Ahahahahaha...ok.

Anytime journalists feel the need to reinforce unexamined Planned Parenthood statements, they pull the Guttmacher card. The Guttmacher Institute, founded by former Planned Parenthood President and former Vice President of the American Eugenics Society, Alan F. Guttmacher, is continually lavished with misleading credentials by mainstream media. NPR and the Washington Post call it a “nonpartisan research group”. ABC and CNN refer to Guttmacher’s abortion activist staff as “researchers”. USA Today calls the public policy organization a “non-profit group that studies reproductive and sexual health”.

Where are all of the easy pejoratives like “extreme” or “anti-choice” and “partisan”? They’re just much easier to affix to groups like mine The Radiance Foundation, and the National Black Prolife Coalition that present the empirical evidence while opposing the destruction that abortion brings.

The Guttmacher Institute was birthed in 1968 as a research arm of Planned Parenthood. In the late 70s, for public relations and credibility issues, both organizations performed a public separation declaring that Guttmacher was no longer affiliated with Planned Parenthood (PPFA) in any way.

But the cord is still attached.

www.toomanyaborted.com...

Any organization that grew out of the eugenics movement and is incestuously joined to PP is hardly credible

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Defense is mandated in the Constitution. Abortion is not

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Pyle

Defense is mandated in the Constitution. Abortion is not

Yeah... but arguing that a military base in every nation is paramount to our defense is about as believable as population control being for "defense".

What we do with our military is not defense. Good lord.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

How nice that you were able!
Now nice that the psychopath (Xtian) Republikkkans haven't bombed it, or made it illegal!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic, and it is interesting that you (OP) went to this place, thank you for sharing your experience

Myself and my friend here do not go to gynes and avoid doctors in general. Perhaps because of some of our experiences.
She's got me beat in strange illnesses, I have her beat in surgeries. We are also both "polluted" meaning have been exposed to toxic chemicals. To a serious degree, there are numerous court cases yet going on. I got it in the far western burbs of Chicago, she got it in Michigan. She also had to take once (hard core toxic) chemo drugs.

What does this have to do with "women's health", gynes, taxes, and the topic at hand? If we eliminate or seriously limit women's preventative health care and abortion - there are going to be a hell of a lot of seriously ill children born.

And who will pay for them? Many won't be able to work. And neither will parents, they will need full time care. This is already happening. Where are all these Autistic kids coming from? And what happens when there are even more?

Who will pay for them?

This is not an abstract idea either because we are two toxic people right here*. West side of Chicago. The entire lower end of the great lakes here is highly polluted and that would include going eastward to NY, the entire general area.

Many spots in the US. People seem to know a lot about PP, especially those against it - but do you know where your polluted areas are? Ever looked at your state's EPA website?

Got a lot of cancer in your family? Or other illness? You might want to look into this.

* More on this - and everyone we know - you talk to people - everyone either has issues or knows someone who does. Z's (my friend's) idea, why I mention our locale here too. W side o' chi. Lots of people here. She said this - about driving out to the w burbs, the 'end point' being Downers Grove. Starting around here - there is the big cancer unit at Loyola hospital. Going w - Hinsdale hospital is building a "cancer center". Continuing w - in DG, Good Samaritan hospital is building a cancer center. And there are the "cancer centers" that advertise on TV, and kids cancer specialized hospitals downtown.

Now in comparison, speaking of people with issues, who are fixated on Arby's...
(She says it's because her car once crapped out across the street from an Arby's.)

And yeah I know that one, one of the few left. Starting around here again - the Arby's on Harlem av went out of biz. Going west, the Arby's in Westmont is gone also. The only one left "around here" so to say - is the one on 22nd street.

Point - Why are there more "cancer centers" than Arby's?

Yeah this is weird.

And why are they all building so many more?

Try this for your area, keep on the look out for these new "cancer centers".

We have to have preventative care and birth control for people who know they have health issues! How is this not common sense? Oh, private insurance should pay? Well the rest in the pool pay then too. And the insurer probably got tax breaks.

Not to mention recently - government bail outs.

You already are paying.

We need a better "system" of all this.
Scary thought: What about those that don't know that they're polluted?

We most definitely will be seeing ever more sick people. Who will pay? And what sort of a person wishes a seriously ill, deformed, sick, child to be born only to suffer and die? How is this humane? And for what purpose?
(Hint - there's $ to be made.)

Wouldn't it be best if it were all organized in a streamlined way? And preventative care, for all issues, prioritized?
And there are other gov public health systems to look as models.

Food stamps and drunks -
I'ma make a separate post on that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
People wasting $ on booze when they ought to be buying food ~

My friend is drinking all my beer. For you lonely folk out there - move to an urban area, you'll make plenty of friends! Esp if they notice you walking into your house with beer. We live in an Hipster area here. We're Hipsters

We're both divorced and early 40s. Both of our fathers were drunks. We never had any type of welfare and I can't think of any of my relatives ever being on any type either. Even after "Dad" split. Mom went to work and we kids did too. Part time jobs starting young. We had to.

No one took any welfare.

And you could apply this thinking to the general idea - the money "Dad" spent on booze - he could've been spending on the kids. Not to mention hookers. Or side women. Or drugs.

And then they'd go to, after divorced, half assed, part time "work" where they could be "paid under the table" (construction work a popular choice) (where the boss man is cheating the tax man), simply because they did not want to pay child support.

How's that for a slap in the face?

And people blame Mexicans for lowering the wages of construction jobs? It started with Deadbeat Dads. My father did it, but he was kind of in that line of work. Friend's "Dad" here went that route too - and he used to be an executive.

"Dad" left and worse - took steps to make sure no one would get a dime out of him, not even his own children.

WE KIDS were left holding the bag. Well first of all mom had to go to work, which most of our moms (and trust, I know many, many, people just like me) did already work. The ones who didn't had to get going and the ones who did had to do better. And we kids had to start work young.

None of my family (can't say for my "father") ever took any welfare, my friend here says the same.

She also wants me to put, I'm not sure how to wrap this up or what the overall point is, she says that women like us are labeled "Feminazis" just because we are trying to survive. Yeah.

Sigh.

edit on 17-2-2017 by FalseMove because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Oh Reldra, my dearest Reldra. You are such an enigma on ATS. I must say, I applaud your openness on such a site in a sea of paranoiacs (said with much love). You described where you visited to such an exact degree that I can second the reality that you weren't in the best of areas. I live a block away, and scared the Good Lord into a burglar who tried to take my things just a few months ago.

I pray a Hail Mary every single day when I walk or drive by the very Planned Parenthood you visited. It discourages me to see how many fallacies are laced in your OP regarding the supposed benevolence of such a death factory. I wish you would have been a few blocks down the road last week when Abby Johnson visited our town. She is a former Planned Parenthood executive manager who has been exposing the dirty truth behind the genocide they perpetrate. She visited our sister town an hour east the next day, and you can find her on a brand-spanking new "Love will end abortion" podcast if so interested. I've been a daily passive viewer of the site for 7 years, but I don't regularly contribute. That being said, I'm well aware that the T&S prohibit me directly linking to outside material, but I do strongly recommend you read Abby's book "Unplanned", or look into podcasts, etc, if only to encounter the immensity of the force you're up against.

Yours truly, a March for Lifer who has witnessed first-hand the Movement that will allow future generations to appreciate our efforts in ending the barbarism of this age.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeaceVindicator

Abby Johnson visited our town. She is a former Planned Parenthood executive manager who has been exposing the dirty truth behind the genocide they perpetrate.

The "pro-life" parable -- By Tracy Clark-Flory

Former pro-choicer Abby Johnson says an abortion caused her conversion.

Records say it never happened

The abortion was supposed to explain it all. The traumatizing ultrasound-guided termination of a patient's 13-week fetus set the stage for Abby Johnson's startling conversion from pro-choice warrior to antiabortion extremist. It was meant to resolve questions about why the 29-year-old resigned as director of Planned Parenthood's Bryan, Texas, clinic and joined forces with longtime foe Coalition for Life. Time and again on right-wing radio and TV shows, she passionately detailed how she had a sudden "change of heart" while assisting a physician who performed the procedure. But the revelatory abortion never took place, according to medical records obtained by Texas Monthly.

Broadsheet reported on Johnson's about-face in November, breaking news that the former "Employee of the Year" had recently been put on a performance review and that, curiously enough, she had appeared on a local radio show singing Planned Parenthood's praises on Sept. 27, the day after she claims the procedure took place. Now, Texas Monthly has followed up with additional reporting that casts further doubt on her story. lifediscussions.org...[/quotes]

www.texasmonthly.com...

edit on 18-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

It makes me wonder if all the call for shutting down and defunding planned parenthood may be originating from and being pushed by certain individuals within the private health industry. As you pointed out, there seems to be so much more "money" on the table than what PP is willing to take.

I don't have a strong opinion about Planned Parenthood but I'll give you what I've got. Planned Parenthood is a business...a non-profit but a business none-the-less. They have assets in excess of 200 million. There is no need for the taxpayer to give this business money. They should exist and survive on their own without taxpayer money. I agree that they provide some valuable services and should do just that...value their services, market themselves and operate on their own.

What I don't agree with is taxpayers being forced to fund abortion. I am pro-choice and believe that abortion is a tool, a service with benefits under the right circumstances. In short...I don't think it should be used as birth control. But there are people who simply think it is murder...which it is. Taking a life is killing and if you don't realize that, you are minimizing human life in general. But there are times when killing is acceptable.

So...no government money solve the problem. Planned Parenthood can exist, survive and likely thrive on their own and no individual will be forced to fund an act they don't believe in or that is against their religion.

In my opinion...that is fair.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

It makes me wonder if all the call for shutting down and defunding planned parenthood may be originating from and being pushed by certain individuals within the private health industry. As you pointed out, there seems to be so much more "money" on the table than what PP is willing to take.

I don't have a strong opinion about Planned Parenthood but I'll give you what I've got. Planned Parenthood is a business...a non-profit but a business none-the-less. They have assets in excess of 200 million. There is no need for the taxpayer to give this business money. They should exist and survive on their own without taxpayer money. I agree that they provide some valuable services and should do just that...value their services, market themselves and operate on their own.

What I don't agree with is taxpayers being forced to fund abortion. I am pro-choice and believe that abortion is a tool, a service with benefits under the right circumstances. In short...I don't think it should be used as birth control. But there are people who simply think it is murder...which it is. Taking a life is killing and if you don't realize that, you are minimizing human life in general. But there are times when killing is acceptable.

So...no government money solve the problem. Planned Parenthood can exist, survive and likely thrive on their own and no individual will be forced to fund an act they don't believe in or that is against their religion.

In my opinion...that is fair.

It existed without government funding and can go back to that model! Exactly!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

PP is not the only place that does abortions. You are deluding yourself. Again, if you think Cedars Sinai doesn't do abortions, I will eat my hat.

You're being disingenuous. They do not perform abortions at the hospital ( any hospitals, even Sinai) unless theres a danger to the mother if carried full term or in an emergency, life threatening situation.

Hospitals do not take life, it goes against the Hippocratic oath. They don't do euthanasia of sick or elderly either. These, all these kinds of services happen off site in other facilities, like the one you visited.

But kay, you should get ready to eat hat... heres one link to Cedar Sinai, "Network Group", it performs "Medical (non surgical) abortions" off campus at "Rodeo Drive Women's Health Center"
421 N. Rodeo Drive
Penthouse 1
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

The disclaimer at the bottom states:

Many of the physicians who have medical staff privileges to practice medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center are independent physicians, and not employees or agents of the hospital. These independent physicians bill separately for their services. You should contact your physician to determine their status and billing practices.

Emphasis added (this 'clinic' , 'center' "Penthouse 1", whatever you want to call it is not in the hospital)

But go ahead, now that I've researched that, show me a link to a hospital facility that does abortions inside their hospital building, or show me a hospice inside a hospital building for that matter.

Hospitals do everything in their power to preserve life, past the point of reason sometimes even, because of the Hippocratic oath very doctor that works there swears to. This includes taking life from a mothers womb...

women's health center

edit on 18-2-2017 by intrptr because: added link

edit on 18-2-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: intrptr

ah, but would they do as many if they had to justify weather or not the abortion was necessary to the gov't officials?
if you look through the reports that came out about the "selling baby parts" and stem express....
stem express has a whole lot of providers of fetal tissue, but there really wasn't that many planned parenthoods doing business with them...
it's not just planned parenthood that does abortions.

Thank you I agree, my debate with real drama was specific to whether they preform these kind of abortions at hospital facilities or at clinics, centers whathave you, off campus.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

your right, planned parenthood would survive just fine without the medicaid/title x funds just like many other healthcare providers survive just fine without them. heck for some of these providers, accepting medicaid actually loses them money!! which is why in some areas of the country, if you are on medicaid, your choice of providers is cut down substantially. the quality and expertise that planned parenthood provides in the area of family planning, they would shine as a for profit company serving the those who are better off financially!

the biggest healthcare provider in my area is a non-profit, and receives donations that it uses to help those who lack the resources needed to pay for healthcare. they will also take medicaid patients. and, somewhere in their giant organization, I have a feeling that their is a few doctors who have done a few elective abortions. and, they seem to have plenty of money since they are opening more and more clinics in the area. and the ceo of this group salary is over a million dollars...
gee, I don't think they need the taxpayer money, do you?? I mean, they seem to have enough money to be able to provide free care to all those medicaid patients don't they?? matter of fact, hey, why don't we just eliminate medicaid all together and just force all the healthcare providers to give free care to the poor!!! right??

that is what you are suggesting to be done with planned parenthood...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Go back when you are pregnant and see how things go then.

Of course PP has a right to exist if they want.
They do NOT deserve a cut of my paycheck.
I don't want my taxes supporting a for-profit business that kills babies.

edit on 2/18/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join