It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

My Planned Parenthood got shut down.

Closest is 3 hours, one way.

Way to go Arizona.

Arizona has common sense. Why should we apologize for it?

I live here too.

And there goes the common sense blanket statement!

(You walked right into that one..)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: reldra

Well, a Gallup poll determined around 50% of the country is Pro-Choice. We all know that the Liberal / Progressive community includes some of the richest Americans and many wealthy people

It has been suggested that the democratic party has become mainly the party of the very rich and the very poor and that they have forgotten about middle America, and that is why they lost an election that was impossible to lose.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: reldra
The office was not in the greatest neighborhood

And this doesn't tell you something?
You can research this for yourself. Just try and find a PP in an upper middle class predominantly white community using google maps. You put your "business" where your target consumers reside...

There is one here, it was just farther from me. In a predominately White neighborhood.

That was a really offensive post.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You can research this for yourself. Just try and find a PP in an upper middle class predominantly white community using google maps. You put your "business" where your target consumers reside...

There is one here, it was just farther from me. In a predominately White neighborhood.

We have one in my predominately white neighborhood as well. I do live in an impoverished area though.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not today, but when I was very young I did. I was given multiple options. None were weighed higher than any other.

I wonder if PP is different state to state or location to location. My example was in CA and the state at the time saw an abortion for a poor person as the cheaper direction than subsistence support later and would pay full cost for abortions.

You have a source for that? Or that PP pushed that over other options?

Of course you don't, because they don't do that.
edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

We have one in my predominately white neighborhood as well. I do live in an impoverished area though.

The one I am talking about is not an impoverished area, was just more difficult and slightly farther for me to get to.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So you're saying the main issue with the public healthcare doctors is the way the insurance subsidy is allocated to their procedures?

Gosh. I wonder who had some good ideas about that and then was shredded down into a terrible welfare healthcare act that accomplished nothing instead?

#ConglomerateTheFkingInsuranceSubsidyPools2017-2020
#Ignoringtherealproblems

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I am so grateful for this thread. It is so brave to say anything less than demonizing about them on ATS.

I visit them at least three times a year just for screenings and it is the most respectful and non-hostile environment I could ever wish for when needing those kinds of services. It is necessary and, like it or not, all those things that conservatives hate (abortion, teen pregnancy, STIs etc) are actually prevented at Planned Parenthood.

Also, the "goody bag" alone is worth the trip, lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think the real question is, should people who don't support Planned Parenthood be forced by the government, by giving them tax dollars, to support something they don't want to? In particular when the only real reason is to use it for political fodder to divide and control people.

Asking people who honestly believe that abortion and infanticide are the same thing and don't want their tax dollars going to abortion providers no matter how it's used is absurd. I have not doubt if the wealthy progressives, of which I've shown just a few and the very vocal, very rich celebrities who also claim their support wanted to, they could easily fund PP.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question. Who pays the staff that performs the procedure?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Way to go Arizona.

Wow. That is horrendous. One here closed. I would have been able to go to the next suburb over. I traveled a bit further, but not that far. That is a shame.

I wonder WHO that effects the most?

I'm in SW AZ on the border.

Get ready for more anchor babies.

Serious question:
Does Arizona use State or Federal funds to pay Arizona PP's for doing abortions on illegal immigrants?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No matter how many conservatives want to push a false narrative about PP, it will not work.

I found them there for me when I was 13, 19, 25 and now. It is not an abortion warehouse sale.

It is a comfortable place for women to receive the medical services they need. From birth control to pre-natal services.

I know that irritates Conservatives for murky reasons. I am sure a couple are irritated I was able to easily get my preferred form of birth control and a nifty bag of condoms and a sticker and feel happy about it.

I am sure it irritates Conservatives that a couple young ladies might have been there for an abortion (not even sure that location does abortions), girls in their teens who are college students and need to continue in their life. Well, too bad.

There were also a few young men in there, who showed up alone, probably for STD tests. You don't have to wait for a bag of condoms, I was told. You can just walk in and ask without an appointment.

I am going back next month for my mammogram. I hope to see more young ladies there, trying their best.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yeah sure, that 'argument'.

It is convenient how the Right treats 'tax dollars' though. No reason the portion I pay for wars should not be just deducted from my Taxes. A literal response to me over that was once "Well, just assume I'm paying your share, and you're paying double for liberal crap, and it evens out."

It's funny how the logic swings, but as soon as it comes time to decided the integrity of the tax dollars, all of the sudden everyone on the Right has an opinion, like their .0000378641 share of Nike means something significant now.

I'm not disagreeing it's bogus to have to pay for things you don't want. My question is, how do you certainly believe you're not having things payed for others don't want? How do you prevent the hypocrisy of your own criticism? No Government at all and everyone 'wins'?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I actually have no issue with you or anyone else availing themselves of their services. My only point was why this insane, divisive, needless fighting between sides when the side who want's them could fund them easily. I'm a bit baffled as to why a charity supported by half the country would need any tax funding? I think that's a fair point.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

You assumed I'm a Republican, just because I suggested a logical solution?

You would be wrong as I don't subscribe to either Party. I want no part of it.

I'm commenting on this topic and only this topic. This thread is not about those other things? Let's keep to the topic and not derail it. It's not fair to the author.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I actually have no issue with you or anyone else availing themselves of their services. My only point was why this insane, divisive, needless fighting between sides when the side who want's them could fund them easily. I'm a bit baffled as to why a charity supported by half the country would need any tax funding? I think that's a fair point.

Canada's 'public healthcare' is run on 25% donations. This is obviously for tax right offs to make it mutually beneficial.

When anything similar is done in America, it's called a SCAM by the Right. Healthcare in American specifically never succeeds because it ends up relying solely on tax funding.

PP is one of the largest charities in America, it's getting called a scam and shut down, and on average you only contribute $2 a year in taxes for it. Again, as a TOP CHARITY they only gained $350,000,000 in 2016, that's $1 per person.

Look at Canada's top 10 charities, nearly all of them dealing with healthcare.

Look at the USA, top charities are Nation building crap, 'free'(discount) clothing because we're mindless consumers, and the Churches.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You are right I am soo irritated(I'm not)

Remove the abortion service from the places and the issue can go away for all of us.
I think it is a waste of political capital to do it though. Nothing riles up women like Daddy taking away free stuff.

Republicans should give women $100 a year for their votes. Simple effective. if they want an abortion use that money. actually make it $200 for gracing us with their presence.
Let's be direct with our vote buying.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

You assumed I'm a Republican, just because I suggested a logical solution?

You said it, not me, as always. I said 'The Right' speaking to the soft conservative narrative in the thread. Hardly personal.

Why do people ask me this question? I find it similar to people asking if I think they're a racist... It's a victim card tactic...Like if I thought you were Republican, in my comment to you, it would change it's message...but really it's just character assassination attempt at me, to change my posts words... But why? Or for purpose? Like, to answer your rhetorical question of my implying you are Republican, to only further imply, I implied that? Do you not see you immediately make yourself guilty of assumptions, similar to what you just accused me of making about yourself? No, I didn't assume you're a Republican, the more interesting conversation is what would it mean if I did, and what that would change about the information, and why build on that idea if you're 'not sure'? My question to you was bipartisan, it applies easily to both sides. Should taxes have compromises in spending? Were you unable to address that because you saw it as liberal in this circumstance?
edit on 17-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I am going back next month for my mammogram

I thought PP does not preform mammograms?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Way to go Arizona.

Wow. That is horrendous. One here closed. I would have been able to go to the next suburb over. I traveled a bit further, but not that far. That is a shame.

I wonder WHO that effects the most?

I'm in SW AZ on the border.

Get ready for more anchor babies.

Serious question:
Does Arizona use State or Federal funds to pay Arizona PP's for doing abortions on illegal immigrants?

I support 100% government free abortions and birth control.

However, government does not pay for abortions.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join