It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

They start teaching them young now, even before puberty, that unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. It's not magic...having unprotected sex= pregnancy. Why should the rest of Arizona be responsible for a person's lack of responsibility? Don't want to get pregnant? Either don't have sex or use protection.

link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Annee
My Planned Parenthood got shut down.

Closest is 3 hours, one way.

Way to go Arizona.

Wow. That is horrendous. One here closed. I would have been able to go to the next suburb over. I traveled a bit further, but not that far. That is a shame.

I wonder WHO that effects the most?

I'm in SW AZ on the border.

Get ready for more anchor babies.

link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., is recognized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation by the Internal Revenue Service. A copy of our IRS tax-exempt status letter is available upon request. Former Legal Names of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.

Since a significant part of the taxpayers do not want federal funds going to them, what would be wrong with them being self supporting like most 501(c)(3)'s do? There are a large number of very rich, very powerful people who claim to support them and it would not be very hard to raise the funds from people who do support them. In fact I'm kind of confused why a charity with so much supposed support would even need to have taxpayer funding against the wishes of such a large number of taxpayers.

The solution is simple, they learn to fund-raise from all their very wealthy supporters, many of whom could write one check to cover their needs without any problem.

Would you be willing to fund raise for them yourself? To donate to them yourself?

I would be willing to and I decided to spend my insurance dollars there.

But what is 'significant'? What is that number?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

My Planned Parenthood got shut down.

Closest is 3 hours, one way.

Way to go Arizona.

Wow. That is horrendous. One here closed. I would have been able to go to the next suburb over. I traveled a bit further, but not that far. That is a shame.

I wonder WHO that effects the most?

I'm in SW AZ on the border.

Get ready for more anchor babies.

Yep.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

ah, but would they do as many if they had to justify weather or not the abortion was necessary to the gov't officials?
if you look through the reports that came out about the "selling baby parts" and stem express....
stem express has a whole lot of providers of fetal tissue, but there really wasn't that many planned parenthoods doing business with them...
it's not just planned parenthood that does abortions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

They start teaching them young now, even before puberty, that unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. It's not magic...having unprotected sex= pregnancy. Why should the rest of Arizona be responsible for a person's lack of responsibility? Don't want to get pregnant? Either don't have sex or use protection.

In schools they mainly, if allowed, teach that one should use a condom. That is about 81% effective. So, 19 in 100 will get pregnant on any given day using a condom.

Maybe Arizona should up it's sex education in schools. It is a conservative state, I am guessing it is not very comprehensive.

I was using a diaphragm with spermicide when I became pregnant with my daughter. That method is now listed as 'not great'. Can you imagine what condoms are noted as in regard to preventing pregnancy? Condoms are good at preventing STIs, nothing else.
edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

How could I? I wasn't pregnant. I see that they do, and this is a fact, counsel adoption services.

I guess that is my point, not really debating you on this just saying you are suggesting it is all great based on one clinic and limited usage.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How could I? I wasn't pregnant. I see that they do, and this is a fact, counsel adoption services.

I guess that is my point, not really debating you on this just saying you are suggesting it is all great based on one clinic and limited usage.

That is all.

You must have missed the post where I went to them for that very thing when I was younger. All options were given and none were weighted more heavily than another.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's a strawman argument. Almost ALL Illegals are practicing Catholics and won't have an abortion or use contraceptives

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

That's a strawman argument. Almost ALL Illegals are practicing Catholics and won't have an abortion or use contraceptives

I will let Annee respond further. I was just really shocked at that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

In schools they mainly, if allowed, teach that one should use a condom. That is about 81% effective. So, 19 in 100 will get pregnant on any given day using a condom.

Maybe Arizona should up it's sex education in schools. It is a conservative state, I am guessing it is not very comprehensive.

I was using a diaphragm with spermicide when I became pregnant with my daughter. That method is now listed as 'not great'. Can you imagine what condoms are noted as in regard to preventing pregnancy? Condoms are good at preventing STIs, nothing else.

81% effective? Hmmmm...that ain't what PP says...

If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they're 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. See more at: www.plannedparenthood.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

81% effective? Hmmmm...that ain't what PP says...

If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they're 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. See more at: www.plannedparenthood.org...

You have a short attention span. Same page:

But people aren't perfect, so in real life condoms are about 82% effective — that means about 18 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year.

I was off by 1.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

No, I pay perfect attention. The part I quoted was based on research. The part you quoted made yet more excuses for irresponsible behavior. Using a condom correctly isn't difficult.
edit on 17-2-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No, I pay perfect attention. The part I quoted was based on research. The part you quoted made yet more exvuses for irresponsible behavior. Using a condom correctly isn't difficult.

It is. And the proper way is not taught in schools. In many schools, teachers aren't even allowed to use a bannana to show how to put it on. Schools do not normally get into such depth as to say:

-Change the condom for every position.
-Change the condom for every time the penis becomes soft and is reinserted.
-Change the condom for each orifice.
-Make sure there is no air pocket in the end.

Condoms are VERY good at preventing STIs. Not so great at preventing pregnancy. They are just slightly better than 'pulling out'.

Do you think MOST young people have all this on their mind during sex?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

a person with a medicaid card, or eligible for title x decides to go the planned parenthood for a pap smear, or whatever... the planned parenthood clinic takes the information that they provide, does the pap smear or whatever, sends the information that is needed to make the claim to either the gov't and the gov't gives them money to reimburse them.
now if they ever try to file a claim listing abortion as the service that they did, well, the claim is gonna be get kicked back at them, because well, neither program pays for that unless if was a medical necessity.
no healthcare provider is obligated to provide anyone with service, unless it's a medical emergency.. planned parenthood is not under any obligation to use their available funds to treat those who would be able to get those services somewhere else via medicaid or title x... no healthcare providers is obligated to provide services for free! planned parenthood could just as easily put a sign out on their door saying that they no longer serve those qualified for these programs and refer them to the county health offices or find a way that would encourage them to go somewhere else like having a minimum charge regardless of people's incomes...

it the catholic hospitals have money to pay their ceos the kind of money that they pay them, hey, they don't need federal funding either... so let's pull them out of the medicaid programs also. see how that works?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well, a Gallup poll determined around 50% of the country is Pro-Choice. We all know that the Liberal / Progressive community includes some of the richest Americans and many wealthy people

Seems to me if it's that many, Planned Parenthood should have zero need for tax dollars and this whole debate is just being kept alive for politicians to use to divide us. I don't even think it should be a political issue.

This list of billionaires who supported Clinton says to me that Planned Parenthood should have no problem at all existing on donations.

Mark Cuban
Warren Buffett
Oprah Winfrey (who could no doubt host a fundraiser that would take care of their needs)
Mike Bloomberg
George Soros
Sheryl Sandberg
Marc Benioff
Alice Walton
Haim Saban

I've left some on that list off this as they were anti-Trump and not really progressives.

Add to the list above the huge list of very wealthy celebrities and it just makes no sense to me for this to be a political thing and I see no reason they can't fund themselves easily.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The office was not in the greatest neighborhood

And this doesn't tell you something?
You can research this for yourself. Just try and find a PP in an upper middle class predominantly white community using google maps. You put your "business" where your target consumers reside...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Not today, but when I was very young I did. I was given multiple options. None were weighed higher than any other.

I wonder if PP is different state to state or location to location. My example was in CA and the state at the time saw an abortion for a poor person as the cheaper direction than subsistence support later and would pay full cost for abortions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

I don't think anyone is saying abolish PP. Just stop the government funding and go back to it being funding by donations.

Not sure why, when other clinics that give free services receive government funding. This is a circular argument.

There are not free clinics where I live that provide gynecological services.

Defund them, too.

Besides, PP DOES take most of their cases as abortion or services leading up to abortion, they just lie about the statistics to make it look like they don't.

No, they don't. That is a flat out lie.

Playing around with stats is one thing to prove a Conservative point, but that is a complete lie.

You should read up then.

'The 3% Myth' - Why are they hiding the real number?

nypost.com...

I have read that article that is reposted in other places. It's bunk. Like republican senators saying 94% of what PP does is abortions.

How is it bunk? The data is cited in the report.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Well, a Gallup poll determined around 50% of the country is Pro-Choice. We all know that the Liberal / Progressive community includes some of the richest Americans and many wealthy people

Seems to me if it's that many, Planned Parenthood should have zero need for tax dollars and this whole debate is just being kept alive for politicians to use to divide us. I don't even think it should be a political issue.

This list of billionaires who supported Clinton says to me that Planned Parenthood should have no problem at all existing on donations.

Mark Cuban
Warren Buffett
Oprah Winfrey (who could no doubt host a fundraiser that would take care of their needs)
Mike Bloomberg
George Soros
Sheryl Sandberg
Marc Benioff
Alice Walton
Haim Saban

I've left some on that list off this as they were anti-Trump and not really progressives.

Add to the list above the huge list of very wealthy celebrities and it just makes no sense to me for this to be a political thing and I see no reason they can't fund themselves easily.

I would imagine that more conservatives are wealthy. But, one gallup poll only said 50/50. Should we go with 1 50% and ignore the other?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join