It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A couple of observations....

You didn't go in pregnant seeking advice did you? I ask this because it seems what you used them for and what the negative press is all about is apples and oranges.

Also, like your gynecologist, there are bad ones and good ones...I bet PP could be the same....

Back when I was young I help a friend who became pregnant and when she went to PP they pretty much pushed for an abortion with really no other options. Years later I thought about it and the state at the time was paying $800 per where other options where basically 0 profit for the clinic, so it made me understand the motivation for a clinic to see abortions as the best option.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your analogy fits almost perfectly but you are forgetting one thing. The same people that think that what PP does is okay would also say that we would be cruel people if we let the alcoholic starve. You may as well go and get up from your computer and bang your head against your wall because it's basically the same thing
edit on 17-2-2017 by Arizonaguy because: Because speech to text sucks

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: MisterSpock

That gave me a good laugh thank you.

-Alee

Thank you.......

****hands bag of skittles to NerdGoddess*****

Half of ATS would probably hand her a bag Skittles.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: neo96

PP is NOT necessary.

PP offers people NOTHING they can't get elsewhere.

Well they can't 'just do abortions' , that wouldn't look good.

That is not what they mainly do.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You didn't go in pregnant seeking advice did you? I ask this because it seems what you used them for and what the negative press is all about is apples and oranges.

How could I? I wasn't pregnant. I see that they do, and this is a fact, counsel adoption services.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sure reldra. We don't fund abortion with our tax dollars ...

It works like this:

The drunk has $50. He can either buy food or alcohol with that money but not afford to do both. Along comes SNAP. It provides about $100 in food assistance. Sure, sure, he can't buy alcohol with it, so he buys food and we fed him, but he didn't have to spend that $50 on food, so now he has that $50 to spend on alcohol.

Technically, the SNAP was spent on food and the taxpayers didn't fund his drinking habit.

That's insane. Conservative insanity. Maybe he took some of the $50 and bought socks and a pair of mittens. The argument you use is useless. It is not good debate.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Your analogy fits almost perfectly but you are forgetting one thing. The same people that think that what PP does is okay would also say that we would be cruel people if we let the alcoholic starve. You may as well go and get up from your computer and bang your head against your wall because it's basically the same thing

No, your argument is banging your head against a wall. Complaining about a great service for women. It goes nowhere.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

actually, if the alcholic on food stamps has $50 to blow on booze, then more than likely he is sacrificing something that the gov't is considering a necessity for the $50 regardless of weather he is getting food stamps or not. not giving him the food stamps would just mean he would have to give up a necessity for the food. maybe the person is walking to work and saving on gas and insurance payments, maybe doing without a phone, maybe he is lighting his house with candles and saving on his electric bill. or maybe that beer you see him drinking was left over from the night before when his friend came over and shared a six pack with him.

edit on 17-2-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

No, your argument is banging your head against a wall. Complaining about a great service for women. It goes nowhere.

Give me a sec while I feed that through my libspeak translator....ah, here we go...
" blah blah blah I want my way and I want it now and you're paying for it blah blah blah"

Ok...got it

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Don't know any alcoholics, do you?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

PP is NOT necessary.

Hospitals don't do that. Its the goto place for that.

But I get the need for it too.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Were you channeling a toddler? You don't like the post so you suddenly need to post blah blah? I thought you could do better than that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Toddler...lib...there's a difference?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

PP is NOT necessary.

Hospitals don't do that. Its the goto place for that.

But I get the need for it too.

Of course hospitals do. If you are not poor. you are going to a hospital in a good neighborhood (tell me Cedars Sinai doesn't perform abortions and I will eat my hat) or you go to a private gynecologist. PP is not the 'go to' place for abortions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I was raised by one, along with a drunken brother...
back in the day when they gave out peanut butter and powdered milk instead of food stamps...
funny thing, we always had food, might have been # on a shingle but it was food and never had a glass of powdered milk in my life.

other things were sacrificed. like when it was time to take the college entrance exams, I asked my mom for the $20 so I could take them.... maybe I should have asked when she was sober or something but her answer was that I didn't need college, I just needed to marry a rich man, one that would take care of her and me.
If I had taken them and went right into college, I would have had enough scholarship money from various sources to carry me through a full four years of collage, easily. but, na, "we couldn't afford it"...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is saying abolish PP. Just stop the government funding and go back to it being funding by donations.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 17-2-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
I don't think anyone is saying abolish PP. Just stop the government funding and go back to it being funding by donations.

Not sure why, when other clinics that give free services receive government funding. This is a circular argument.

There are not free clinics where I live that provide gynecological services.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

let's say that they did eliminate funding to planned parenthood, how would they do it? they can't just say well, we don't like planned parenthood because they do abortions so we aren't gonna let them in on the medicaid or title x. they need a real good reason, like fraud, which as of yet, they've tried and failed. it would have to be a blanket resolution, like any healthcare provider that performs abortions will be stripped of the funding. but then... my bet is that every doctor and hospital in the country (outside of those with affiliations with the catholic church) would do them if presented with the right conditions. and more than likely they'd have an mass of healthcare providers pulling out of those programs simply because they wouldn't want their hands to be tied in such a way.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You didn't go in pregnant seeking advice did you?

Not today, but when I was very young I did. I was given multiple options. None were weighed higher than any other.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join