It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

They can't even prove the subsidies aren't placed into the same accounts abortions are paid out of.

well, then let's just cut funding to all those groups out there that are providing services to the people and getting government grants for doing so while also being involved with activities that they gov't doesn't sanction and legally prevents federal funding for.... and let's start with all those faith based initiative grants since the same can be said about them, they will never be able to prove to everyone's satisfaction that some of that federal money isn't going to things that they aren't going for.

There is no such thing as free. I don't want to pay for other people's abortions and birth control. It's ass backwards that I even do so today!

while I don't agree that the federal government should be funding abortions in most cases, I see birth control as just as much a valid medical need as any other that the gov't provides funding for the less fortunately among us. enabling women to control her own reproductive rate leads to healthier women (as well as her offspring) not only in the short term but also in the long term. Since so many find that caring for women's health is so unworthy, tell ya what, let's just drop the idea of providing funding for anyone's healthcare and hope that in the long run, the healthcare system will equalize itself out and become affordable for everyone! since, if the government's gonna be caring so much about the people's health, they should be caring for everyone's equally and not disregarding the health of half the population because some people are ass backwards and outdated trying to live in victorian times and enforcing their victorian morality onto the general population!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

no ob/gyns offer pediatric services, matter of fact, before I had my kids, I had to already have picked out a pediatrician for the baby, as well as the ob/gyn that was going to deliver the child. once the child is born, that's the last the ob/gyn see of them, the baby's care is left to the pediatrician.

Well im even more confused as to the simple yet puzzling sticker element. Do girls under 12 get gynelogical exams and or treatments? I always thought, like proctologists for men, girls didnt see gynecologists until they either need birth control or are like 13 or 14 and up.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

They can't even prove the subsidies aren't placed into the same accounts abortions are paid out of.

well, then let's just cut funding to all those groups out there that are providing services to the people and getting government grants for doing so while also being involved with activities that they gov't doesn't sanction and legally prevents federal funding for.... and let's start with all those faith based initiative grants since the same can be said about them, they will never be able to prove to everyone's satisfaction that some of that federal money isn't going to things that they aren't going for.

There is no such thing as free. I don't want to pay for other people's abortions and birth control. It's ass backwards that I even do so today!

while I don't agree that the federal government should be funding abortions in most cases, I see birth control as just as much a valid medical need as any other that the gov't provides funding for the less fortunately among us. enabling women to control her own reproductive rate leads to healthier women (as well as her offspring) not only in the short term but also in the long term. Since so many find that caring for women's health is so unworthy, tell ya what, let's just drop the idea of providing funding for anyone's healthcare and hope that in the long run, the healthcare system will equalize itself out and become affordable for everyone! since, if the government's gonna be caring so much about the people's health, they should be caring for everyone's equally and not disregarding the health of half the population because some people are ass backwards and outdated trying to live in victorian times and enforcing their victorian morality onto the general population!

If you are confusing me with a conservative I am not. Im all for getting rid of those grants, too. I paid for my gfs and wives birth control. I don't see why I need to fund other people's preventative measures.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I'm afraid I don't think I am gonna help you with your confusion on that one. I've never been a real big fan of stickers..
but, I have one somewhere around here that says I voted, and I am pretty sure there wasn't any kids voting either.
can't really help you much as to what the usual age that girls start needing the service of a gynecologist either really.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: Pyle
Yes they should pay the same way a pacifists anti-war proponent must still pay taxes funding the DoD.

I've never bought into the two wrongs make a right idea. Seems like completely false logic and just a way to avoid an uncomfortable idea a person can't debate any other way.

ETA: The DoD is not a charity.

Because of the side you stand on?

I support abortion & birth control should be 100% free through government.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. No LIVING CHILD world wide should suffer.

It amazes me that most Pro-Lifers seem to be Warhawks and pro-America isolationists.

They have little, if any, concern beyond their own Flag Waiving porch.

Real backasswards IMO.

FREE is FREE when you can walk in, request an abortion, and it is performed without direct cost.

I'm not going to play the semantics game of taxes.

Hey! Let's tax churches, church property, church businesses, etc. -- that way they can also contribute to a women's "free" choice.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

and quite frankly, I never saw why I had to be paying for my neighbor's frequent visits to the pediatrician every time her daughter had a stuffy nose, or why I had to see just about every tax and fee the state I was living in get hiked up.... to make up a shortfall in medicaid funds... while I was also searching high and low to find a surgeon to operate on a broken ankle who didn't want a few thousand dollars as a down payment because I was uninsured!! but I did, and I survived, with only a mild limp and a heck of alot of pain...
I am sure you will survive paying out a little for the poor to have birth control!

By the way... I'm now officially disable, drawing survivor's benefits from my husband's social security...probably needlessly.. because well, I couldn't get the medical care that I needed to prevent that ankle from snapping!
sometimes, a few dollars now can save you a heck of alot more later... in the case of birth control it equate to over $100.000 over about an 18 to 21 year period!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yes they should pay the same way a pacifists anti-war proponent must still pay taxes funding the DoD.

I've never bought into the two wrongs make a right idea. Seems like completely false logic and just a way to avoid an uncomfortable idea a person can't debate any other way.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. No LIVING CHILD world wide should suffer.

It amazes me that most Pro-Lifers seem to be Warhawks and pro-America isolationists.

Real backasswards IMO.

FREE is FREE when you can walk in, request an abortion, and it is performed without direct cost.

Hey! Let's tax churches, church property, church businesses, etc. -- that way they can also contribute to a women's "free" choice.

No it's not free. Basic economics dictates it isn't free.

Taxation is theft my friend! I'm an atheist so do whatever you want I guess but..yuck..taxes.
edit on 18-2-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

and quite frankly, I never saw why I had to be paying for my neighbor's frequent visits to the pediatrician every time her daughter had a stuffy nose, or why I had to see just about every tax and fee the state I was living in get hiked up.... to make up a shortfall in medicaid funds... while I was also searching high and low to find a surgeon to operate on a broken ankle who didn't want a few thousand dollars as a down payment because I was uninsured!! but I did, and I survived, with only a mild limp and a heck of alot of pain...
I am sure you will survive paying out a little for the poor to have birth control!

By the way... I'm now officially disable, drawing survivor's benefits from my husband's social security...probably needlessly.. because well, I couldn't get the medical care that I needed to prevent that ankle from snapping!
sometimes, a few dollars now can save you a heck of alot more later... in the case of birth control it equate to over $100.000 over about an 18 to 21 year period!

Guess what. I also came into a situation where I had to put down a few thousand dollars for my wife's surgery. It's a good thing I maxed out HSA contributions to cover it.

So maybe people should pay for their own birth control so they can prevent it from costing them $100k!
edit on 18-2-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Real backasswards IMO.

Taxation is theft my friend! I'm an atheist so do whatever you want I guess but..yuck..taxes.

YES, free.

Lame taxation is theft argument.

Oh YAY! You're atheist. What kind?

Apparently not the same kind as me.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

So maybe people should pay for their own birth control so they can prevent it from costing them $100k!

so, maybe people should pay for their own asthma medication so they can avoid costly emergency room visits......

the fact is we live in a society that feels that society has a responsibility to help those less fortunate get the health care they need, so, our gov't has taken it upon itself to use a little of our taxmoney to do this. my question is why would birth control be considered different the medication that some get (with tax money) to treat their high cholosterol, or any other medical need?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Aah, just checking in and see Throes, whoever that is, is just derailing with nonsense. I imagined that might happen. TY all that contributed substantially. I really liked making this thread

edit on 19-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What did you have done there that you couldn't at a hospital?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
My wife used Planned Parenthood while pregnant with our first child. At the time we weren't married so I couldn't add her to my insurance. The subject of abortion was never brought up. You have to be mentally ill to believe that they push for abortion.

Anyway, we were extremely happy with the treatment there. Fast forward 6 years to our second child. We're married and she has insurance. The care we were receiving at doctors offices was terrible. Took days to get in, hours at the offices to be seen. We went back to Planned Parenthood. Guess what? No abortion talk AGAIN!!!

This is an upper-middle class college town, and Planned Parenthood is in the most expensive business property area in town.

Stop reading Breitbart.

Are you black or white, rich or poor? Maybe your experience isn't everyone's? Just an observation.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Women's health is women's health.

It's not baby's health.

But, there are programs for that.

WOW...that is kinda silly. So the woman can bypass the concern for the baby's health by killing it. Tit-for-tat...can the baby bypass concern for the woman's health by killing her? Of course not. That would be downright evil...wouldn't it. Thank God those little critters can't talk. THAT would be a REAL mess wouldn't it?

So much easier when they can't speak for themselves.

NOTE: I'm pro-choice but that was just dumb.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Here is the deal. I'm pro-choice and 100% believe that a woman's choice is just that...her personal, individual and independent choice. There are always a few rules though. I think the "Father" if he is in the picture should at least have a "say" and that there need to be guides as to when the baby is too far along for an abortion. But I'm extremely liberal (choke) on that.

But...if you want your personal, individual and independent choice to abortion...then you MUST pay for it, deal with it and manage it personally, individually AND independently. Spend your money. Stop using taxpayer dollars and expecting taxpayer services.

Much like the problems with some gay people. If you DEMAND it be your choice, your decision, your problem, your business...GREAT! Then keep the rest of us OUT OF IT! It is none of our business and therefore shouldn't be presented to us, debated with us nor funded by us.

But that isn't what they want is it. They want SPECIAL treatment. They want all the power and none of the responsibility. THAT is where the problem resides. You can't have your cake and eat it too...as they say. So YOU decide if you want it personal or social. You don't get both.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Real backasswards IMO.

YES, free.

Lame taxation is theft argument.

Oh YAY! You're atheist. What kind?

Apparently not the same kind as me.

It isn't free. Someone else is paying for it via taxes. Same for free college, free phones, free any government handout.
edit on 19-2-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

so, maybe people should pay for their own asthma medication so they can avoid costly emergency room visits......

the fact is we live in a society that feels that society has a responsibility to help those less fortunate get the health care they need, so, our gov't has taken it upon itself to use a little of our taxmoney to do this. my question is why would birth control be considered different the medication that some get (with tax money) to treat their high cholosterol, or any other medical need?

Society is generous on its own. There is no need to be forcing people to fund things they don't want to fund. That goes across the board, not just on health care (especially tied into the abortion argument). PP will still exist without federal funding. Free to consumer (but not to citizens) birth control will still be available.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
what was being discussed was planned parenthood's lack of pediatric services... which no ob/gyn provides.
but there are various programs out the devoted to ensuring that poor children have at least the basic level of pediatric services.

if the laws recognized the man's interest in the fetus when it comes to abortions, which there happens to be quite a few states at least trying to go this route, should it not also recognize it when it comes to child support and start collecting it on behalf of the child before birth?? especially if it was the father's decision that placed the mother in a position that is at least partially disabling to her and in some rare cases, very disabling?

and for the last time.....
the only time the gov't is funding abortion is in those rare cases where it's the result of rape, or a fetal defect, or the mother's life is endangered!

www.plannedparenthoodaction.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
what was being discussed was planned parenthood's lack of pediatric services... which no ob/gyn provides.
but there are various programs out the devoted to ensuring that poor children have at least the basic level of pediatric services.

if the laws recognized the man's interest in the fetus when it comes to abortions, which there happens to be quite a few states at least trying to go this route, should it not also recognize it when it comes to child support and start collecting it on behalf of the child before birth?? especially if it was the father's decision that placed the mother in a position that is at least partially disabling to her and in some rare cases, very disabling?

and for the last time.....
the only time the gov't is funding abortion is in those rare cases where it's the result of rape, or a fetal defect, or the mother's life is endangered!

www.plannedparenthoodaction.org...

Taxpayer money is helping to fund all the abortions. Fungibility is real.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

well gee, since people are so giving, why don't we just eliminate medicaid entirely, if the healthcare providers don't want to eat the cost of providing low cost to free healthcare to people, they can just start drumming for donations!!!

since the funding you are talking about is medicaid and title x....
planned parenthood can always opt to just not serve that section of the population, or just stop serving when the donated funds run out. then what??

I always hear how generous the american people are, haven't really experiences much of that generousity in my life though. the government doesn't act on it's own accord, it reacts to problems after they've been festering for some time. so, since the government has programs like social security, medicaid, rental assistance, and food stamps...
one can only assume that the american people were either unwilling or unable to be generous enough to prevent big problems from manifesting.
federal dollars are also used to fund free clinics that provide immunizations for various disease throughout the country. not to mention all the funds that are given to the drug companies to produce them... are you so confident about americans generousity that you would be willing to cut that funding and risk seeing polio come back to cripple little children, possibly you children?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join