It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: reldra

Go back when you are pregnant and see how things go then.

How do you presume things would change?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It makes me wonder if all the call for shutting down and defunding planned parenthood may be originating from and being pushed by certain individuals within the private health industry

Maybe, but I still think the main reason for it is that if there aren't unwanted babies, then there won't be enough bitter and dumb people to vote for rich people to take away their rights and enslave them.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Yes they should pay the same way a pacifists anti-war proponent must still pay taxes funding the DoD.

I've never bought into the two wrongs make a right idea. Seems like completely false logic and just a way to avoid an uncomfortable idea a person can't debate any other way.

ETA: The DoD is not a charity.
edit on 2/18/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Yes they should pay the same way a pacifists anti-war proponent must still pay taxes funding the DoD.

I've never bought into the two wrongs make a right idea. Seems like completely false logic and just a way to avoid an uncomfortable idea a person can't debate any other way.

Because of the side you stand on?

I support abortion & birth control should be 100% free through government.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. No LIVING CHILD world wide should suffer.

It amazes me that most Pro-Lifers seem to be Warhawks and pro-America isolationists.

They have little, if any, concern beyond their own Flag Waiving porch.

Real backasswards IMO.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My wife used Planned Parenthood while pregnant with our first child. At the time we weren't married so I couldn't add her to my insurance. The subject of abortion was never brought up. You have to be mentally ill to believe that they push for abortion.

Anyway, we were extremely happy with the treatment there. Fast forward 6 years to our second child. We're married and she has insurance. The care we were receiving at doctors offices was terrible. Took days to get in, hours at the offices to be seen. We went back to Planned Parenthood. Guess what? No abortion talk AGAIN!!!

This is an upper-middle class college town, and Planned Parenthood is in the most expensive business property area in town.

Stop reading Breitbart.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Norma McCorvey died today. She was Jane Roe in Roe v Wade case.

Having turned to religion, McCorvey then said being part of the decision to legalise abortion "was the biggest mistake of my life".

She also unsuccessfully petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade.
In an anti-abortion television advert broadcast earlier this decade, she said: "Abortion has eliminated 50 million innocent babies in the US alone since 1973. Abortion scars an untold number of post-abortive mothers, fathers, and families too."

Roe v Wade: Woman in US abortion legal test case dies

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Having turned to religion,

I highlighted the problem.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

well, I think that the point that was made was that the gov't spends money on alot of things, and that individually, people seem to find different items in the budget that they really would prefer that their money not be used for..
war is just one good example.
shall we all be able to pick and chose just what the gov't spends taxdollars on? or is the pro-life group just a special group deserving of special priviledges who THINK that their money is being misused by planned parenthood to fund abortions?
in the op, or one of the posts following it, it seems to say that the same procedure that was done by planned parenthood for the charge of just $700 would have cost around $1200 if done by the person's ob/gyn, that's around a $500 savings, either for the person, the insurance company, or possibly even medicaid. and it was a more timely service with no pressuring for additional unnecessary medical care. seems to me that some would prefer the added expenses just to hit a provider that they don't personally like, which it seems to me, would make quite a few taxpayers rather irked!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Having turned to religion,

I highlighted the problem.

For sure.

I am a PRO LIVING atheist.

You know --- feed, educate, care for children who are BORN.

Not cut their Food Stamps.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Or is the pro-life group just a special group deserving of special priviledges who THINK that their money is being misused by planned parenthood to fund abortions?

Because, again, government does NOT pay for abortions.

As much as I want them to, they don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What was in your "Goodie Bag"?
Skittles?---I love those things.

LOl...honestly...condoms. Some were the more expensive brands. I picked a Star Wars Rogue 1 sticker.

Now...being a guy my opinion means bupkiss. In fact, I have thanked God for not giving me a vagina ever since I first heard the haunting word "papsmear" which to this day I haven't a clue what it is but the word makes me imagine a 60 year old doctor head under a gown between stirruped legs creating a greenhouse like climate and the gas-mask-wearing doctor smearing some kind of concoction up a hoo-hoo with a tool that looks like a futuristic ray gun meets salad tongs. I'm sure I'm way off...both my mother and sister tried to explain it to me after I told them my impressions of the word but I leapt from an 8 story window or tucked and rolled out of the car onto the freeway once my head realized my mama or sissy were talking to me about hoo-hoos.

The only thing I have to say about planned parenthood though is that unless they offer pediatric services and I'm just not aware of that (or if reldra is joking here) I would be turned off by any company that does what they do while hosting a clientele that gets a kick out of picking out a sticker when they are done (no offense reldra but I'm guessing had they not offered star wars stickers which are from a pop culture iconic piece of work but just butterflies and smiley faces, you too might see how awkwardly age inappropriate a sticker seems for gynecological treatments).

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

no ob/gyns offer pediatric services, matter of fact, before I had my kids, I had to already have picked out a pediatrician for the baby, as well as the ob/gyn that was going to deliver the child. once the child is born, that's the last the ob/gyn see of them, the baby's care is left to the pediatrician.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Women's health is women's health.

It's not baby's health.

But, there are programs for that.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Because of the side you stand on?

I support abortion & birth control should be 100% free through government.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. No LIVING CHILD world wide should suffer.

It amazes me that most Pro-Lifers seem to be Warhawks and pro-America isolationists.

They have little, if any, concern beyond their own Flag Waiving porch.

Real backasswards IMO.

There is no such thing as free. I don't want to pay for other people's abortions and birth control. It's ass backwards that I even do so today!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: dawnstar
Or is the pro-life group just a special group deserving of special priviledges who THINK that their money is being misused by planned parenthood to fund abortions?

Because, again, government does NOT pay for abortions.

As much as I want them to, they don't.

Yes it does. They can't even prove the subsidies aren't placed into the same accounts abortions are paid out of.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

PP is a necessary place. I should have kept going to PP over the years. I think I stopped as there was a gynecologist across the hall from my GP.

Necessary BUT didnt. routinely go.

Therefore.

PP is NOT necessary.

PP offers people NOTHING they can't get elsewhere.

Same with Walmart, and most of the bars in the entire Chicago metro area. And Menards, and Lowes and Home Depot.

I once sold several digital video colposcopes to PP - their planned use? Diagnostic colposcopy, treatment of pre-cancerous cervical lesions with cryotherapy - a much less damaging, much less expensive form of treatment than LEEP (Loop Electrode Excision Procedure.) Unfortunately, most Gyn offices and hospitals go the LEEP route because A) insurance pays more, and B) it's more of a focus in medical school and residencies, because [Refer to 'A']

The other use for them? Putting child rapists behind bars, using digital imaging and forensic software, through non-invasive procedures, performed by licensed/certified Sexual Assault Nurse/Forensic Examiners.

How many for-profit Gyn offices in your area are doing the same?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

There is no such thing as free. I don't want to pay for other people's abortions and birth control. It's ass backwards that I even do so today!

There's a lot of things the government spends a LOT more money on than it spends on birth control (which ultimately saves me money anyway probably) which I don't want to contribute to. I'd rather focus on real, big-time waste instead of the pocket change issue that is birth control.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Throes

There's a lot of things the government spends a LOT more money on than it spends on birth control (which ultimately saves me money anyway probably) which I don't want to contribute to. I'd rather focus on real, big-time waste instead of the pocket change issue that is birth control.

That's not good enough for me. It's not that tough to tackle both small and large expenditures.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: neo96

PP is a necessary place. I should have kept going to PP over the years. I think I stopped as there was a gynecologist across the hall from my GP.

Necessary BUT didnt. routinely go.

Therefore.

PP is NOT necessary.

PP offers people NOTHING they can't get elsewhere.

Same with Walmart, and most of the bars in the entire Chicago metro area. And Menards, and Lowes and Home Depot.

I once sold several digital video colposcopes to PP - their planned use? Diagnostic colposcopy, treatment of pre-cancerous cervical lesions with cryotherapy - a much less damaging, much less expensive form of treatment than LEEP (Loop Electrode Excision Procedure.) Unfortunately, most Gyn offices and hospitals go the LEEP route because A) insurance pays more, and B) it's more of a focus in medical school and residencies, because [Refer to 'A']

The other use for them? Putting child rapists behind bars, using digital imaging and forensic software, through non-invasive procedures, performed by licensed/certified Sexual Assault Nurse/Forensic Examiners.

How many for-profit Gyn offices in your area are doing the same?

What in the actual F is your point about for profit businesses compared to PP which SHOULD be funded by donations 100%?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

This whole thread is about health care provider "competition", and how Planned Parenthood is cheaper and better, over all, than most women's OB/GYNs, who are for profit doctors' offices, that are also reimbursed through private insurance and public Medicare/Medicaid funds.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join