It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Spy Ship Gets Within 17 Miles of US Coast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Lysergic
OH MY GOD NUKE THEM ALREADY!

Come on, guys. They are just waiting off shore for Trump to invite them into port for some beers and a chat about the good times he had in back Russia.

that is actually an old Imperial Japanese trick from the beginnings of WW2. if the Japs caught the US (and i suspect other countries as well that had a military presence in China at the time) spying on them in China, they would graciously invite them to dinner and even to inspect their camp. an invitation they really could not refuse. of course dinner would invariably involve heavy drinking. and at some point someone would "accidentally" spill some oily or greasy substance that was almost impossible to remove on their clothing, ruining the clothing. of course the Japs would be so sorry that happened and apologize. then early the next morning would take them with their nice hangovers pretty much on a force march "inspection" where they would see nothing at all of any worth. it was a shaming tactic.

it would be an interesting thing to do to the Russians.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Riffrafter

I promise there's been a sub following this ship for the last couple of hundred miles.

No doubt.

But what's very different here is that we have not been *visibly* shadowing them - especially when they are both close and continuing to hang around.

Why the change in protocol now?

That's my question.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Trump says that loud and clear:

I'm not gonna disclose or announce my moves in tactical situations in front or ongoing.

Wise man.
edit on 17-2-2017 by EartOccupant because: Got a call.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Crazy Trump already has the Russians guarding our coasts for us. He must have some serious pull.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Impossible

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's not news as long as they stay outside the 12 mile limit. I bet we have intelligence gathering assets just off of the coastline of many nations, including our friends.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Could everyone cool the fudge down..
Russians are our friends now, they can sail over and say hallo if they want.
Perhaps they bring gifts ?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

caxn " russians " please bring me gift of vodka ?

(post by ugmold removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Crazy Trump already has the Russians guarding our coasts for us. He must have some serious pull.

Ha!

Now *this* was good!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Yes, well the US Navy has their ships patrolling over in China's coasts. So, Donald got Russia to help out with patrolling US coasts, since the US is a bit short staffed right now.

It's nice to see these nations helping each other out, doing each other favors.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
meh. as long as its in international waters then i have no problem with them being there. we do the same thing ourselves. i feel like this is just a feeler by putin to get a grasp of what type of response the new administration will go with. hes forcing the issue but i cant really blame him.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
double post, delete
edit on 17-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

How do you know we haven't had P-3s and P-8s overhead, or something shadowing them? The media isn't going to report on that, because it turns it from sensational fear mongering to a routine event that no one even notices.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

SOP. They spy on us we do the same to them. "Still in International waters". did the main stream fake news mention that part?

The procedure is they pull up just over the legal limit, and see how long they can sit there before they are noticed. Coastal radars switch on, (frequencies and response time are noted), aircraft are scrambled or rerouted from patrol, subs and surface vessels arrive later.

Its a game, testing our abilities vs their abilities, our response to their presence.

Thats how they find holes in our coverage, even plan things that way to see how vulnerable we may be.
edit on 17-2-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I promise there's been a sub following this ship for the last couple of hundred miles.

I agree.Nothing that hasn't been happening the last 45 years.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe Putin is on that ship waiting for his signal to come ashore and have dinner with Donald Trump. Has it started heading south to Florida yet?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

How do you know we haven't had P-3s and P-8s overhead, or something shadowing them? The media isn't going to report on that, because it turns it from sensational fear mongering to a routine event that no one even notices.

I'm sure we've had more than that, Zaph.

My point was in most cases, when they're this close and continuing to hang around, we do more than surreptitiously shadow...we get right up close with ships and/or aircraft and harass the hell out of them.

They do the same to us.

Why not now? Off the coast of VA (Norfolk Naval base anyone?), off the coast of Groton, CT - Sub HQ, and we let them be?

Never would have happened in the past...nfw.

So, what's different this time?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

SOP. They spy on us we do the same to them. "Still in International waters". did the main stream fake news mention that part?

Um...if they send a spy ship into our territorial waters, that's technically an act of war, and causes all kinds of sh#t to happen...believe me. It happens by mistake sometimes on both sides, but everytime it does, we scramble all kinds of things you never hear about. Subs sneak in sometimes on both sides, but when we detect them we don't go out with beer and sandwiches...believe me.

If we had a spy ship patrolling within 5 miles of Russian territorial waters - you better believe they'd respond.

And China is even worse.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Maybe they are protecting Trump from the deep state and the lynch mob mentality of the dems.

Anyway.... If they were a threat, they would be outta here by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join