It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Spy Ship Gets Within 17 Miles of US Coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

During its patrol of the East Coast, the closest the ship has been to land was 17 miles, which is still in international waters, Martin reports.

Its voyage has been the latest in an alarming string of incidents involving Russian military. Last week, a group of Russian jets buzzed a U.S. destroyer in the Black Sea and the U.S. accused Russia of secretly deploying cruise missiles capable of carrying a nuclear warhead in violation of a major arms-control treaty.

Russia Spy Ship Gets Within 17 Miles of US Coast

Initially I thought this was a ho hum non-event, but the fact that it has been patrolling up and down the East Coast for days now and has gotten to within 5 miles of our territorial waters is definitely a cause for very close monitoring.

I don't know why we don't have at least one US Naval Ship shadowing it..closely.

There are also a lot of air bases on the East Coast - it would be very easy to send a few planes along the coast to harass them a little. We would definitely do that under normal circumstances - we've done it a million times. As have the Russians when we're near their borders or waters.

So why not now?

edit on 2/17/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I promise there's been a sub following this ship for the last couple of hundred miles.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OH MY GOD NUKE THEM ALREADY!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
They are just testing response time and seeing what the new administration is going to do for stuff like this.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
WAGGIN THE DOG .....

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's also said they fired some kind death ray at us

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the game has been played like this for decades between the soviet union now the Russian federation and the united states
and the UK, china and others. they watch us we watch them responses are tested data is gathered.

its ops normal and nothing to be concerned about just an entertaining day for the QRA aircraft or naval assets
tasked with monitoring.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Yup, it's really pathetic even beyond three year olds... to see the what is trying to be used to problemize this administration.

I'm starting to think they would actually wage war instead of accepting 4 years and come with a better plan.
edit on 17-2-2017 by EartOccupant because: Cosmic disturbance

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
We're doomed!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
purely as an exercise in mental mastrubation :

it amazes me that no one has posited the " theory "that :

the presence of the russian vessel off the US coast is an exercise in " plausible deniability " to explain russian aquisition of state secrets thats < insert whoever you want to blame > have passed to the russioans

for the context of this thread " plausible deniability " means that the ruissians can claim that the elint // commint vessel intercepted the material that was actually passed to them by the US traitor

i really dont get paid enough for this crap

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Trying to see how submissive we are or.......? I seem to recall they didn't like our troops even being near surrounding COUNTRIES.

Not that I really have too many issues with Russia in general, but this is kind of weird to me anyhow.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
OH MY GOD NUKE THEM ALREADY!

Come on, guys. They are just waiting off shore for Trump to invite them into port for some beers and a chat about the good times he had in back Russia.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I don't know why we don't have at least one US Naval Ship shadowing it..closely.

There are also a lot of air bases on the East Coast - it would be very easy to send a few planes along the coast to harass them a little. We would definitely do that under normal circumstances - we've done it a million times. As have the Russians when we're near their borders or waters.

So why not now?

oh you mean to create the same dangerous situations that the west has been freaking out about every time the Russians do what you want to do the last few years?

17 miles is close, yet it is still outside the territorial waters of the US, and still in international waters. they are trying to bait the US into doing something they can use, especially as propaganda. do you honestly think it needs to be so close to spy on the US? the smart move is to ignore it, unless or until it crosses that invisible like between territorial and international waters. that give the US the moral high ground. where if the US reacts in a big way that gives the Russians and even the Chinese the moral high ground to react in a similar situation. by doing nothing the US shows strength. i bet there is more than one sub in the area keeping a close eye on things. as well as jets on alert and flying close enough that they can react to anything within a few minutes (remember how fast a jet can travel). while staying out of contact of the ship.

you know the funny thing is that if the military had reacted to this ship already, people would be screaming that Trump was endangering the country with such a heavy handed and uncalled for response.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

i would not be surprised in the least. the "establishment" seems to hate mr trump this side of the pond
as well and im sure there are some out there that would love to start yet another large scale conflict
and drag all of NATO into it. there's a president to blame and money to be made its as the say a twofer

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

We *always* have ships patrolling our coastlines.

We *always* have our own ships patrolling other country's coastlines.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Obviously its a friendly. Comrades

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Probably hard to pick up all the information from the numbers station now inside the oval office with just one pass up and down the coast.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe this is how they chose to retaliate for the ousting of those 35 Intel officers from DC. Just enough poking at us to cause a stir to those who don't realize the insignificance of this little spy ship. We have probably had a sub following it for hundreds of miles like vxn said...As well as drones and sigint doing what they can to learn about it, its systems, and its mission.

You don't pull a spy ship up to the US and expect to spy more on us than we do on you...Also...Sat imaging and signal gathering is a thing too...We could easily do most of the spying from space lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Trump probably thinks he can have a press conference where he yells at the media on it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join