It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cutting-edge biochip to detect HIV within 1 week of infection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is what I call a double edged discovery, with +/- consequences. Yes it is good the potential to get an HIV infection diagnosis within a week of it happening, but you have to be chipped for it to be effective. Hopefully they do not encourage us to keep it in permanently for good measure.

RT
Scientists have patented a groundbreaking biosensor technology that can detect HIV within a week of infection, boosting expectations of large-scale early detection in developing countries with the highest transmission rates. Researchers at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) created a rice-grain sized chip that can detect p24 antigen, a protein that is attached to the HIV virus, “at concentrations 100,000 times lower than in current techniques.” Presently, it takes three weeks to detect HIV. A more expensive test, which tests for the genetic material of HIV, can detect the virus’ presence from 10-14 days.

The team’s findings were published in scientific journal PLOS One, and detail how, using existing technology, the new test makes “large-scale, low cost production possible,” with the potential for the chips to be used in countries with the highest transmission rates.

I was highlighting the important stuff. So queue the sudden mutation of HIV that requires immediate treatment, and soothing commercials with a soft voice encouraging a population to "Play it safe, why take chances? Get your embedded defense today!" and soon the population, especially the ignorant party generation being pumped out of the West will be clamoring for this. I would prefer a less invasive detection technique, one that does not require a chip that with a few updates may turn you into a human IP address that can be pinged for location anywhere on Earth? Or maybe I am just too sensitive to implanting chips.

Third world and poor nations will be begging for it with the exception of those who believe this kind of tech to be sorcery or the work of dark magic. Developing nations may force it on their people through a part of their socialized mandatory medical systems, and the developed nations will have to sell it to our populations through those slick commercials I just mentioned. Anyways this is very sciency stuff, and I am still studying it so perhaps my fears are unfounded. I have added the graphs and excerpts from the Medical Journal for additional info.

PLOS One
We here report the development of a sandwich immunoassay that combines nanomechanical and optoplasmonic transduction methods for detecting the HIV-1 capsid antigen p24 in human serum. The immunoreactions take place on the surface of a compliant microcantilever where gold nanoparticles are used as both mechanical and plasmonic labels. The microcantilever acts as both a mechanical resonator and an optical cavity for the transduction of the mechanical and plasmonic signals. The limit of detection of the immunoassay is 10−17 g/mL that is equivalent to one virion in 10 mL of plasma. This is 5 orders of magnitude better than last generation of approved immunoassays and 2 orders of magnitude better than NAAT. This technology meets the demands to be produced en masse at low cost and the capability for miniaturization to be used at the point-of-care.

About the Authors

edit on Fri Feb 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: external quote removed

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Only chip(s) going in my body is

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I would prefer a less invasive detection technique, one that does not require a chip that with a few updates may turn you into a human IP address that can be pinged for location anywhere on Earth?

So you have details of the chip then? Because this is always the claim, and the reality is normally less than inches.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

RFID range is dictated by the receivers power, not the chip.

Technically, you could scan it on a modified Sunpass toll reader.

Maybe from a satellite with the right equipment.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Your banned now for whatever reason, but I know your reading anyways so i'll make it simple. I underlined in the excerpt that the chip, like most, is about the grain of a size of rice. When I said invasive, I did not mean the size of the implant. I meant the fact that a piece of technology is indefinitely placed in your body . I really think it is great that this is possible with an embed, but if the technology already exists miniaturized, why not just make a giant machine with the same technique that you can drop a blood sample into, right??

I want to study the funding source a bit more, thankfully the journal provides that. It is possible these institutions may have funded this through grants from private donor, donors who may be pushing Agenda 21 and other globalist issues.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

When i saw your title earlier, i thought that the testing would utilize the chip outside of the body, like in a tube or petri dish, putting the blood draw on top of the chip...
WTheck, chip implantation...surely they can do what i thought it was!
not down with putting chips in the body, but wouldn't they just take it out after the testing is complete?
thank you for this OP.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

See thats what I am thinking. if this thing can be the size of rice grain and make these detections, why not just house it in a machine like an old PC tower and just drop the blood inside??? That is why I feel like this is an attempt to market implants to consumers as some new thing to keep you safe. They have only applied for the patent thus far, we shall see when they make it a commercially available product. I still think its a decade out before you can request one from your physician even with the progress and existing off the shelf tech. Bureaucracy and regulations and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

i appreciate your OP and reply,
I like to keep up on the progress of this disease, cures, testing ect...
and any progress in helping folks get healthy or treated.
One friend of mine thinks it is a created disease in the first place and now this fishy chipping plan.
i read your Op, hours ago and will have to re-read and follow the link to see why the patient would have to keep the chip insie them
thanks again for posting! this is an important topic to follow, IMO.

new topics

top topics

join