It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange's escape

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
maybe it's easy to leave the embassy but almost impossible to leave the UK

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Rape in Sweden is different that N. America. So do your research, Assange had consensual sex with a girlfriend. The question concerning the girl was his failure to use a condom. So if you feel that is justifiable, feel free to think that.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: brice
Rape in Sweden is different that N. America. So do your research, Assange had consensual sex with a girlfriend. The question concerning the girl was his failure to use a condom. So if you feel that is justifiable, feel free to think that.

Well, rape is rape regardless.

In fact, in doing your research you will have discovered it was more than not using a condom, although (if you were a woman) that would be a breach of serious trust at the very least. Anyway, it is not for you to decided detail of law, it is for the Swedish judiciary, within whose jurisdiction these alleged crimes happened.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: djz3ro

Well seeing how thousands of illegal migrants make it inside the uk yearly i doubt getting out is a problem.

Those people risk their lives getting here, sneaking in articulated lorried where the air could run out before they arrive, clinging on to the undercarriage of lorries, can you see Assange doing that?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If there had been a viable way for Assange to leave the embassy he would probably have been long gone. The embassy will be well monitored with security cameras etc. Leaving the UK wouldn't be so hard if well planned. He has many supporters that would aid him in that regard.
The UK government too would never allow themselves to be embarrassed by such an escape.
edit on 18-2-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

No, actually it's not.

Unless you are arguing that the criteria to meet the definition are the same in every country around the world?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
maybe it's easy to leave the embassy but almost impossible to leave the UK

Ever been to the UK? There's loads of ways out without seeing a single official. Come down south and get a fishing boat to France/Belgium. There's plenty of private airfields for light aircraft and have a look for the M20 stack, there's thousands of trucks all parked up ready to sail to France and I know for fact as I live near the docks and use them regularly that hardly any trucks are searched going out of the UK only coming into the country

In fact if you go to a place called camber sands down here in kent they have people traffickers bringing refugees from Calais almost every night they would be happy to take someone the opposite direction for a price

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well I might be wrong, but in Canada, if the car has diplomatic license plates, the interior of the car is technically considered "sovereign soil" and is off-limits to cops.
It might be the same in the UK.
edit on 21-2-2017 by SolidGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Assange can leave the embassy if he wants. The word "escape" makes it sound like he's imprisoned. He's there by his own volition.

Anyway, he'll come out with the press all around, like the Saint he is. All squeaky clean. One big distraction from the charges of rape he'll have to answer for in Sweden.

When you are sitting in a house surrounded by a country that will imprison you the moment you step out i would say that being "imprisoned" is the correct wording.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: brice

In fact, in doing your research you will have discovered it was more than not using a condom, although (if you were a woman) that would be a breach of serious trust at the very least. Anyway, it is not for you to decided detail of law, it is for the Swedish judiciary, within whose jurisdiction these alleged crimes happened.

The woman who were setup and pressured to press those charges (from their own words) all dumped the rape allegations.
Also in sweden as pointed out already a woman changing her mind after the fact can come up with rape charges or when a condom breaks, does that mean they can charge durex with rape claims.

A country can define looking at someone as rape but that still does not make it a actually rape. So sure, Rape is rape but only when it actually is rape.

Some sanity in this is very much welcomed and healthy i would say.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolidGoal
Well I might be wrong, but in Canada, if the car has diplomatic license plates, the interior of the car is technically considered "sovereign soil" and is off-limits to cops.
It might be the same in the UK.

Yes its the same here BUT he has to get to the car first which means leaving the embassy and entering UK soil, even if just for 1 second the police will dive on him

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82
Oh, I thought that the embassy had a parking garage or something.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolidGoal
a reply to: TigStar82
Oh, I thought that the embassy had a parking garage or something.

No its right on the main road, cars can only pull up outside. That part of Londons so tightly packed there's not many places with built in parking

That MIGHT not be the only way to leave tho, London has hundreds of miles of tunnels, old subways and disused sewers, most fancy parts of London have basements so there is a possibility of escape into 1 of these tunnels, just a thought

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
When you are sitting in a house surrounded by a country that will imprison you the moment you step out i would say that being "imprisoned" is the correct wording.

Assange won't be imprisoned in the UK. The UK had no problem with him. However, he will be stuck on a plane and flown to Sweden where he will answer his accusers for a serious sexual crime. Oh, I know some men think that sex crimes are irrelevent, but...

Assange has chosen to live in the embassy. He has chosen to to avoid answering for his alleged crimes. If Assange was not a celebrity, people would be demanding he faced his accusers. Why is Assange so afraid of facing his accusers? Could it be that he is not as innocent as his followers want him to be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join