It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie's army joins the right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The alt-left media has turned their focus on PewDiePie and his 50+ million followers.

www.independent.co.uk...
www.wired.com...
www.wired.com...
www.wsj.com...

His response is going to get a whole lot of young people to notice the media manipulation in a way that Trump never could. Generation Z is awake.

Here is his response:

Quick summary: it was a politically incorrect joke to show how the media would blow it up, and they blew it up.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
MSM sez OWNED!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
God.. Things are getting bad when these youtube 'celebrities' have the power to influence the masses..
Wtf is going on in this world?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow. If people are lemmings of this magnitude, they deserve a dictator.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

One thing though, The Wall Street Journal is owned by NewsCorp which is a conservative media group.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He seems like a nice enough young fellow from watching this video. He makes good points however did I hear about any other media except the WSJ? Seems that was his focus anyway, the WSJ is out to get him. This is not the whole of the MSM but just one little empire in it. And he mentions the Sun a couple of times. Arn't both publications part of the Murdoch enterprise?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Tell me about it...I had never heard of this person before and gag a little knowing I do now.
First thing I was thinking was who the hell is this guy and why do I care about any response he has to anyone about anything????

Whatever floats people's boat.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

We're talking about a guy that makes videos of him playing video games whilst screaming and acting like an ass.. i would be seriously concerned if this is the type of person that will be influencing the next generation..
I know politicians are not great either but ay least most have a high level of education, and know about politics, economics or history.. got to be better than some random guy that knows how to use a camera and upload to youtube. .

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Misterlondon

Tell me about it...I had never heard of this person before and gag a little knowing I do now.
First thing I was thinking was who the hell is this guy and why do I care about any response he has to anyone about anything????

Whatever floats people's boat.

I've been aware of him for a few years now as a relative was really into his videos.. Seriously not the type of person you would want influencing your childrens perspective of the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't know who he is if I didn't have a teenage son. Him and his friends love this LetsGame stuff. They won't watch the news and you never see them post political memes on social media. It's the same with most other parents I talk to too. Pretty much. The next generation consumes media radically different from how us old folk use it today.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

We're talking about a guy that makes videos of him playing video games whilst screaming and acting like an ass.. i would be seriously concerned if this is the type of person that will be influencing the next generation..
I know politicians are not great either but ay least most have a high level of education, and know about politics, economics or history.. got to be better than some random guy that knows how to use a camera and upload to youtube. .

The niblings eat this up. It's as popular as pokemon was 15, 20 years ago- this is a new age celebrity

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

It concerns me that you are just now paying attention! He, and other LetsGamers, have been at this for a long time and have tremendous influence. This video is a day old and has 7 million views.

There are only 11 videos uploaded by CNN that have more views: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One thing though, The Wall Street Journal is owned by NewsCorp which is a conservative media group.

That may be the case, but as in politics, left and right leaning organizations are used to produce specific narratives for their common agenda. Using a left leaning organization to bash him generally produces yawns from right leaning supporters. Using a right leaning organization might add credibility. In any event his video post was about taking information out of context to produce an agenda driven narrative.

He's right on both the manipulation of context and deliberate attacks by the media to produce an altered subjective reality. From 1997 to 2000 I was fighting an intellectual property battle that involved corporate and university use of a spatial compression device for use in communications based on bose-einstein condensates and epr/er solutions. Some threats were made by some of the players concerning kidnapping my kids and killing my wife. A government minister was also involved and was forwarding my evidence of their tax and public funds fraud to the perpetrators, I wasn't getting anywhere fast, so as insurance I went to the newspaper.

Because I was suing the people involved and releasing information of impropriety concerning the government and university, the newspaper took the story out of context, misreporting the information and left out all information concerning the threats to my family, even though I had hard evidence in tape recordings of both the threats and the purpose of the tax and public funds frauds.

Mass media cannot even be trusted with reporting a lost dog. Until there are rational standards in place that disallow context manipulation and lies of omission, they should all be disbanded.

BTW, I won the case, but because of the sensitivity of the information and people involved, everyone received injunctions, gag orders. However, a 2 page article in a major newspaper doesn't just go away

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/17.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes guy pays 2 people to post a suppsed joke that says kill jewish people, blames the media.

More excuses plz.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
That may be the case, but as in politics, left and right leaning organizations are used to produce specific narratives for their common agenda.

I really do not think NewsCorp and say, CNN, share a common agenda unless that agenda is making money.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The regressive left kicked them out like almost everybody else.

I did not leave the Dems. They left me.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That may be the case, but as in politics, left and right leaning organizations are used to produce specific narratives for their common agenda.

I really do not think NewsCorp and say, CNN, share a common agenda unless that agenda is making money.

Can I make guess here? That being you haven't spent a lot of time in the Intel or counterintelligence community? I have. The appearance of conflicting ideologies at the control level is simply illusion. Conflicting ideologies only manifest at the foot soldier level, the peons, and are generally charged by an agenda driven narrative designed to produce polarized emotional responses.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Either its okay to make fun of everything, or nothing is okay to joke about.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Can I make guess here? That being you haven't spent a lot of time in the Intel or counterintelligence community?

I see, so only someone in the intelligence community is 'aware' enough to think that CNN and NewCorp are striving towards the same goal, which is apparently not profit, but instead somehow taking control of a joint overarching narrative destroy everyone not them.

Does being an intelligence alum also make you come to the conclusion that if the opportunity presented itself that either one of them would not ride the other into the ground until they were completely diminished?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I totally agree! His young followers may be picking up on the fact that the mainstream media is not to be trusted. They prove it themselves! Glad you posted this! Over a million likes hahahahaha!! He's going to be fine

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join