It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Full Transcript and Video: Trump News Conference

TRUMP: Well the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake. So one thing that I felt it was very important to do — and I hope we can correct it. Because there’s nobody I have more respect for — well, maybe a little bit but the reporters, good reporters.

Apparently MSM is up in arms over these comments made by Trump; to them its further proof that he is unhinged.

How can the leeks be real but the news about them fake?

Very easy, here is an example:

www.nytimes.com...

The headline of the above article that dominated the news cycle two days ago is:

Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence

and the article opens with:

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said. The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to influence the election.

This is a pretty dambing revelation; it congers up thoughts about treason and seems to validate all the conspiracy theories relating to Trump, Russia, golden showers and hacking of elections.

except in the same article:

The officials interviewed in recent weeks said that, so far, they had seen no evidence of such cooperation.

and:

Several of Mr. Trump’s associates, like Mr. Manafort, have done business in Russia. And it is not unusual for American businessmen to come in contact with foreign intelligence officials, sometimes unwittingly, in countries like Russia and Ukraine, where the spy services are deeply embedded in society. Law enforcement officials did not say to what extent the contacts might have been about business.

Based on the full content of the article the headline and opening paragraphs of this New York Times article is negatively dramatizing what they say themselves to be no evidence of wrong doing and routine expectations when doing business in Russia.

Say what you want about Trump; he doesn't articulate him self well; he's egotistic; he has some wrong ideas about the direction America should go; he's a orange moron with bad hair ... but he isn't wrong when he says this is "fake news"; and I can't really blame him for not participating in the game the MSM is playing, I would probably do the same thing if I where in his position.

edit on 17-2-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I see where you went wrong. You aren't supposed to read the article, just the headline.
Jeez, I thought folks were smarter than that.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

How can the leeks be real but the news about them fake?

The most convincing LIE will have some basis in truth.

The only fact we know for sure ?

There have been leaks.

The contents of those leaks aren't and won't be made public.

From there.

Lame Stream media can spin what ever tale they wish.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

With the short attention spans of the average social media user, we can expect to find the real headlines buried somewhere near the bottom. The leaks are real, but the news is fake.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
News is a business.

It's about drawing in readers, then presenting them with information.

Facts, speculations, opinions, etc.

When's the last time any news agency presented straight boring facts?

The "Fake News" rants are getting really boring.

Does anyone not know or remember what the "Fake News" is really about?

It's not MSM having different slants/opinions to attract it's readers.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.

Yeah. I read along while listening to the press conference. This line in particular was one that I highlighted.

THE NEWS IS FAKE BECAUSE SO MUCH OF THE NEWS IS FAKE.

What does that even mean?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If the information in the leaks aren't real, it wouldn't matter, and Trump should be able to easily disprove them.

I realize a lot of Trump supporters throw logic out the window in favor of the right wing media narrative they've been fed, that uses their distrust of government against them, but logic still has a place here.

The majority of time, the simplest explanation is the truest.

Either its a giagntic conspiracy involving thousands of people around the globe, or it's just Trump lying, as he obviously does numerous times every week.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If you are all about making fun of the stupid things Trump says, you will be elated for the next 4 years at least. But, if you choose to dig into the first flaky layer of facts, you can see what the OP is saying and notice that the entire article is exactly what Trump tried to explain, but couldn't do so without making you happy.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thing is the media is the mouthpiece of the gubment, is so embedded with the alphabet agencies that "leaks" are likely. Gives the "INTEL" people plausible deniability.

"Anonymous Officials", guess who that is.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If the information in the leaks aren't real, it wouldn't matter, and Trump should be able to easily disprove them.

I realize a lot of Trump supporters throw logic out the window in favor of the right wing media narrative they've been fed, that uses their distrust of government against them, but logic still has a place here.

Either its a giagntic conspiracy involving thousands of people around the globe, or it's just Trump lying, as he obviously does numerous times every week.

LOL, prove to us that you aren't a Russian spy. (and remember, pics or it didn't happen)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Everything Trump says or does is being monitored by people who wish to impeach him or want him dead its obvious there are sections of the intelligence community that whoever they work for its not the US government these people have overthrown or usurped 50 nations since ww2 one more wont be a problem I give Trump about 6 months.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.

Yeah. I read along while listening to the press conference. This line in particular was one that I highlighted.

THE NEWS IS FAKE BECAUSE SO MUCH OF THE NEWS IS FAKE.

What does that even mean?

Here is what it means. Le Mis offered this insight.

With the short attention spans of the average social media user

Seems to me that this holds for many Trump believers too, except their attention spans cannot even reach from one end of a sentence to the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, prove to us that you aren't a Russian spy. (and remember, pics or it didn't happen)

Check the exif data on all the pics I've uploaded if you feel so inclined.

Seriously, what does that have to do with anything in my post? Or are you trying to derail......

Hmmmm.....

edit on 17-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
News is a business.

It's about drawing in readers, then presenting them with information.

Facts, speculations, opinions, etc.

When's the last time any news agency presented straight boring facts?

The "Fake News" rants are getting really boring.

Does anyone not know or remember what the "Fake News" is really about?

It's not MSM having different slants/opinions to attract it's readers.

So its ok for MSM to delivery mislead its consumers because ... it’s a business.

I don’t think normal business are allowed to do that; they can get in trouble for false advertising.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I fail to see how your comments are relevant to this OP; The New York Times article itself disproves the negative sensationalism that they open their article with. It doesn’t take Trump or anyone else to prove it; it’s already been done.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Today's example...

Article from AP:
AP Exclusive: DHS weighed Nat Guard for immigration roundups

The Trump administration considered a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

Staffers in the Department of Homeland Security said the proposal had been discussed as recently as last Friday.

The 11-page document calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Document:
The Leaked Document

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I fail to see how your comments are relevant to this OP; The New York Times article itself disproves the negative sensationalism that they open their article with. It doesn’t take Trump or anyone else to prove it; it’s already been done.

If the negative sensationalism was proved and without a doubt that's what it was, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Check the exif data on all the pics I've uploaded if you feel so inclined.

Seriously, what does that have to do with anything in my post? Or are you trying to derail......

Hmmmm.....

Dude, you might just be THE most paranoid person I have ever spoke with.

So as not to derail, how about you explain what Trump would do to disprove the leaks. (I always enjoy watching someone try to prove a negative)

If that's not clear enough or you fear I am a Russian spy send to derail this thread, please feel free to hit the alert button.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
But...
They're not finished investigating either.
It's there. They'll find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The contents will be made public.. rest assured.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join