It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the NSA Have Recordings of Donald Trump's Campaign Aids Conversations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Did the NSA record conversations between Trump's campaign aides and Russian intelligence officials? The metadata shows that his campaign aides were in contact with Russian intelligence in the months before the election.

The New York Times reported that law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted calls and phone records showing Donald Trump's presidential campaign aides, as well as other associates, having repeated contact with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election.

Intercep ted Communications Show Russians, Trump in Contact

My question is whether or not the NSA has the conversations recorded. I think they do. The only bit of evidence I got was from the Boston Marathon Bomber. Clemente is a former member of an FBI counter-terrorism unit.

BURNETT: Tim, is there any way, obviously, there is a voice mail they can try to get the phone companies to give that up at this point. It's not a voice mail. It's just a conversation. There's no way they actually can find out what happened, right, unless she tells them?

CLEMENTE: "No, there is a way. We certainly have ways in national security investigations to find out exactly what was said in that conversation. It's not necessarily something that the FBI is going to want to present in court, but it may help lead the investigation and/or lead to questioning of her. We certainly can find that out.

BURNETT: "So they can actually get that? People are saying, look, that is incredible.

CLEMENTE: "No, welcome to America. All of that stuff is being captured as we speak whether we know it or like it or not."

What were these conversations about? I don't think there is enough evidence yet that Donald Trump worked with Russia to win the election, but something was discussed. I read on one news website that the FBI was going over the phone calls at the moment. If that is the case, we may know soon what was going on. Another article I read noted that even if the U.S. doesn't tap the phone calls, other countries in Europe admit they have been spying on Trump as well.
edit on 17amFri, 17 Feb 2017 10:35:38 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It is my impression that EVERY digital signal is captured.

Software algorithms search for key words, and phrases.

That new data facility they just built was made especially for it.

The Utah data complex.

The funny part here is the 'we' deferred to Russian SIGNT about the Tsarnevs.

So the answer is YES.

The NSA recorded Team Trump, and they recorded Team CLinton.

And they even record our congressman.

Funny only one side of the story has been told.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree 100%

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

What difference does it even make? Obama was caught on a hot mic telling an Russian rep that he would promise to renegotiate missile defense after his second election... which is actually worse than this scenario since it came straight from the presidents mouth.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think you are 100% correct on this and I do business with this in mind all the time.
If you think they aren't watching/listening, you are fooling yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they? They have databases full of everyone else's calls, emails, texts, et cetera. According to some, that's "fine." Your answer is in your question.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Well renegotiating missile defenses is something he was legally allowed to talk about as President - some people think that Trump may have even colluded with Russia on the leaks. Some people who are farther out there think Russia contributed money to his presidential campaign. It is suspicious that his campaign aides were in touch with Russian intelligence. Although it is also possible that no one did anything illegal.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The actual concern is that they were negotiating sanctions. I guess I can't speak for any other theories with no basis in fact.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You are obsessed with this Russia stuff. Why is it so bad to have Russia as a friend and ally instead of an enemy? I know I would sleep better.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This country has to have perpetual conflict. It's an unfortunate fact. We have existed 240 years, guess what.... We have been in some kind of conflict for 222 years of it. Smh. If the U.S doesn't have an "enemy," it'll create one. I know, it's old, but it's reality. Smh.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why is this a question?

We already know that the NSA records everything. Of course they do.

and Im happy they do

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You are obsessed with this Russia stuff. Why is it so bad to have Russia as a friend and ally instead of an enemy? I know I would sleep better.

Easy, because we have learned from the past. Making friends with people that have malicious intentions leads to us overlooking the consequences, and turning a blind eye to injustice.

Putin wants to reclaim the Eastern Bloc... he wants to take away the peoples sovereignty.. and he will kill to do so

That is something we have to protect against.

The motto of our special forces is De Opresso Liber

Its something our country, in my opinion, is responsible for.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Putin wants to reclaim the Eastern Bloc... he wants to take away the peoples sovereignty.. and he will kill to do so

So you KNOW this is his intention?

Even if it is we have more influence as friends than foes.

Being enemies only leads to one place and we can't afford to go there.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Putin's intentions were probably to use Trump to further his own agenda. As soon as Trump is not useful to him anymore, he will turn on him. He has already deployed a spy ship to U.S. waters, which Trump has suggested shooting at. Even Trump knows that Putin might not be his ally forever, in one of his clearer moments, Trump told the media that he might have Putin's favor at the moment, but he didn't know how long that would last.
edit on 17pmFri, 17 Feb 2017 20:53:11 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join