It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News...Trump weighs mobilizing 100,000 National Guard troops for Immigration Roundups

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: underwerks

Here on Abovetopsecret we discuss a lot of 'crazy' things.

That make us guilty of said insert whatever topic?

No, but it makes you guilty of considering it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

AP is not a credible news source.

Making Snip up.

This turned out to be a bold face lie.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Corrected here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's some original stuff to see...

The original Article from AP:
AP Exclusive: DHS weighed Nat Guard for immigration roundups

The Trump administration considered a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

Staffers in the Department of Homeland Security said the proposal had been discussed as recently as last Friday.

The 11-page document calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Document:
The Leaked Document

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
He cannot mobilize the National Guard, unless a law has been changed they fall squarely under the control of the state... he cannot even mobilize active duty, or reserve units to operate on american soil for anything other than self defense of the nation, or training missions.

Heck there was an uproar when some active duty units assisted in search and rescue after Katrina, some serious hoops had to be jumped through to make that happen.

ETA: Correction, the president can mobilize once a state of emergency is declared, so he still cant just decide I will use the Guard to round em all up.

oh c'mon...don't you see how all the right-wingers here were triggered to respond, and they did, regardless of the truth
edit on 17-2-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A DHS official described the document as a very early draft that was not seriously considered and never brought to the secretary for approval.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I hope you guys do not lose sight of the ball.. Whatever controvercial decision or excutive order Trump is forcing onto the US people it is all decided by those who are really in power. We all know that US presidents are selected and Trump is not an exception. It is a proces of boiling you, the us citizens slowly...

edit on 17/2/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
He cannot mobilize the National Guard, unless a law has been changed they fall squarely under the control of the state... he cannot even mobilize active duty, or reserve units to operate on american soil for anything other than self defense of the nation, or training missions.

Heck there was an uproar when some active duty units assisted in search and rescue after Katrina, some serious hoops had to be jumped through to make that happen.

ETA: Correction, the president can mobilize once a state of emergency is declared, so he still cant just decide I will use the Guard to round em all up.

I belive that this has been updated to also support law enforcement actions IAW this document
National Guard Directive

3-1. General a. It is the policy of the Department of Defense and the National Guard Bureau that the National Guard shall cooperate with and provide military assistance to civil authorities as directed by and consistent with applicable state and federal laws, policies, directives and executive orders. This military assistance to civil authorities includes domestic law enforcement support and mission assurance operations. b. The statuses under which members of the National Guard operate while providing domestic law enforcement support or conducting mission assurance operations determine which policies apply during those operations. Unless ordered into federal status, members of the National Guard serve under a state chain of command, and are governed by state laws, policies, directives and executive orders. When National Guardsmen are ordered into federal status, federal policies apply, and a federal chain of command is observed. The President and the Governor define the circumstances under which the National Guard will be involved in domestic law enforcement support and mission assurance operations in their federal and state roles respectively.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Cernovich suggests it's intentional fake news and done as they're trying to weed out the leaker.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
FAKE NEWS!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You called that one, AP back pedaling. AP is fake news also, cheers to you sir!!a reply to: neo96

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

just like I said ...Proposal reportedly making the rounds at the Department of Homeland Security would identify 11 immigrant-heavy states and ask them to mobilize troops Governors would have an opt-out privilege, but the total number of National Guardsmen and women could approach 100,000

White House press secretary Sean Spicer says an 11-page draft seen by The Associated Press 'is not a White House document'

Spicer insists the AP report that the plan is under consideration 'is 100 per cent not true. It is false. It is irresponsible to be saying this'

A White House aide confirms to DailyMail.com that the idea 'has been discussed' but wouldn't say if it has been recommended to President Donald Trump

The potential aim would be to hasten the removal of 'criminal aliens' like those Trump railed against on the campaign trail
A Trump executive order greatly expands that group and may include people whose only 'crime' was sneaking across the border

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the 'Plan' would takes months to set up..... the mobilizing of the NG for the purpose of rounding up 'illegal aliens', criminals, is months down the road

imagine a battalion of MPs (military police) operating in each of the largest cities in the '11 States' mentioned in the copy above...
that type of illegal-alien-criminals-sweeps could be launched in 4-6 weeks in-my-opinion...

but since PC is now passe' there can be fenced compounds in the AZ Sheriff Arpaio style set up to temp house those arrested in the city wide sweeps

---> Now That my friends is what kind of Fake News we were heading for..uh oh, better shut up because the MSM get their paychecks for that kind of stories
edit on th28148735774117552017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I would argue your timeline slightly.

72 hours for initial command/control and security
probably another 72 hours for follow-on support/bulk deployment.

So it could be done probably with-in a week but I would say 2 weeks minimum to as you say 6 weeks maximum from the green light.

Between this and it's sister thread of Xeun's I am feeling a bit like Sybil. On this page I am discussing time-line to execute and on the other I am explaining that this is not an actual deployment order LOL.

edit on 17-2-2017 by Technomancer01 because: The voices in my head told me to LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Fake

Fake

Fake

Fake

VERY FAKE!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Well it appears that Trump is going to try to make good on his promise of curbing illegal immigration.
I am sure that this will trigger some of our friends.

The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

6abc.com...

Why would you change the title of the SOURCE and even try to make the readers of this thread think just opposite of what the source was even about?

You, sir, are fake news. Prime example of how BS starts.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

After I posted, I had to run out and do a few things. So I got sucked in by fake news eh? Lol Damn these guys!

Dude... the title of the source you linked to literally said:

"WHITE HOUSE DENIES AP REPORT OF USING NAT'L GUARD FOR IMMIGRATION ROUNDUPS"
edit on 17-2-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
AP are suckers for falling for it.

One this was a memo left lying around for a leaker to find and pass in the hunt for old Obama supporters still in the government.
or Two was left to be leaked to the press to prove how dumb the press is in falling for fake news.

This memo was written but never sent to anyone by some junior government official.
If never sent it is not a official memo just a idea someone put on paper.

I hate to see what happens April 1 when the joke memos go around.
The fake news media will like look really dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join